HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Jeef Reese's interview to Sovetskiy Sport (2/22/2012 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1114889)

CSKA1974 02-22-2012 07:26 PM

Jeef Reese's interview to Sovetskiy Sport (2/22/2012

I offer you Jeff Reese's interview to "Sovetskiy Sport". Funny thing- it was translated into Russian and I had to convert it back to English. So, needless to say, some things might have been lost in translation.

Philadelphia goalkeeper coach: “Bobrovsky is a workaholic!”

Q: It seems that Bobrovsky has significantly improved his technique, has not he?
A: Yes. The most progress was made with puck handling. Bob used to stay deep in the net. Now he likes to get out of crease, to stick handle a puck, to challenge opposing shooters. He has yet to learn how to read the plays, how to be more aggressive in certain situations, but minimize risks. He has no margin for error this season. He could have had a bad game last season and then he would start the next one. Now- he will be on a bench for a week behind Bryzgalov. But it is excellent experience for the young goalie. I am positive; Bob will be a starter in the NHL soon.

Q: Are you hinting about a trade?
A: Anyone can be traded at any moment in this league. But we like that we have 2 strong goalies here in Philadelphia.

Q: You have been working with Bob for about a year and a half. Have you learnt Russian yet?
A: No, no. However, I know a few words. Sergey has improved his English significantly- we have no problems communicating. I know, he is not comfortable yet giving interviews without an interpreter. He certainly sees the media pressure on Bryzgalov; therefore he wants to be understood correctly. He is unable yet to express himself freely in an official conversation. His wife has helped him tremendously. She is a very nice woman, who wanted to teach English in Russia.
I like Bobrovsky a lot. He is a workaholic. He spends a couple of hours on the ice and I tell him that overboard. But he leaves the ice and goes to the weight room.

JDinkalage Morgoone 02-22-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSKA1974 (Post 44672559)
I offer you Jeff Reese's interview to "Sovetskiy Sport". Funny thing- it was translated into Russian and I had to convert it back to English. So, needless to say, some things might have been lost in translation.

Philadelphia goalkeeper coach: “Bobrovsky is a workaholic!”

Q: It seems that Bobrovsky has significantly improved his technique, has not he?
A: Yes. The most progress was made with puck handling. Bob used to stay deep in the net. Now he likes to get out of crease, to stick handle a puck, to challenge opposing shooters. He has yet to learn how to read the plays, how to be more aggressive in certain situations, but minimize risks. He has no margin for error this season. He could have had a bad game last season and then he would start the next one. Now- he will be on a bench for a week behind Bryzgalov. But it is excellent experience for the young goalie. I am positive; Bob will be a starter in the NHL soon.

A: Anyone can be traded at any moment in this league. But we like that we have 2 strong goalies here in Philadelphia.

Q: You have been working with Bob for about a year and a half. Have you learnt Russian yet?
A: No, no. However, I know a few words. Sergey has improved his English significantly- we have no problems communicating. I know, he is not comfortable yet giving interviews without an interpreter. He certainly sees the media pressure on Bryzgalov; therefore he wants to be understood correctly. He is unable yet to express himself freely in an official conversation. His wife has helped him tremendously. She is a very nice woman, who wanted to teach English in Russia.
I like Bobrovsky a lot. He is a workaholic. He spends a couple of hours on the ice and I tell him that overboard. But he leaves the ice and goes to the weight room.

Bob is rattled by the media lol

sobrien 02-22-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hextall89 (Post 44672771)
Bob is rattled by the media lol

He's smart to stay away, unlike Bryz.

Damaged Goods 02-22-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Uh oh... :sarcasm:

For real though, Bob's problem this year is obviously not lack of quickness. His downfall has been overcommitting to the puck-handler and losing his net in the process.

dingbathero 02-22-2012 07:56 PM

I wish Bryz didn't have a huge contract - 4 years then give the reigns to Bob - he will be amazing...

**** sakes.

Beef Invictus 02-22-2012 08:29 PM

Thanks again! You've been busy tonight

ORYX 02-23-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Ummmm......since when?

Flyerfan4life 02-23-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 44675367)
I wish Bryz didn't have a huge contract - 4 years then give the reigns to Bob - he will be amazing...

**** sakes.

i seriously doubt bob will be here in 2 years if they continue down the road with Bryz (assuming he rites his ship)

which is a shame, cuz i really thought, and continue to think bob has more upside..