HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: A. Kostitsyn wants to stay here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1115487)

SnapVirus 02-23-2012 11:59 AM

A. Kostitsyn wants to stay here

Appelé à commenter les rumeurs qui l'envoient à Nashville, en retour des droits de l'attaquant Alexander Radulov, Andrei Kostitsyn a été assez clair.

«Je ne veux pas aller à Nashville. Je veux demeurer ici», a indiqué AK46.
''I don't want to go to Nashville. I want to stay here''

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/335765.html

Well, what do you guys think? Kostitsyn could have let a door open to a transaction. But it look like he really wants to stay here.
Maybe because his daughter is learning french and his family is really happy in Mtl.

Watsatheo 02-23-2012 12:05 PM

If he isn't traded I doubt the Habs even give him an offer.

SergeConstantin74 02-23-2012 12:07 PM

I still hope PG will troll Cunney and french media by not trading AK and offering him a 5 years contract...

Habs 02-23-2012 12:07 PM

Only if his new salary is 75k a year, plus benefits.

Jakomyte 02-23-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 44710667)

I don't see why not. He's pretty much successful in around 80% of the games he plays with either Plekanec or Eller. Why he has not stayed on Eller's wing is a total mystery to me...

If he can be signed at $3.5-$4 million for around 3 years, that's fine for offensive depth.

SergeConstantin74 02-23-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 44710821)
Only if his new salary is 75k a year, plus benefits.

Let's give him 100k for every goal he scores. :sarcasm:

WhiskeySeven 02-23-2012 12:09 PM

His reason for wanting to stay here is typical AKost. Love it or hate it: "I want to stay because I know Montreal, another city I have to start like at the start of my career. I want to stay"

Wow.

Quarantesix 02-23-2012 12:09 PM

I dont understand him just go somewhere else and produce

But all the haters who think he didn't care and that he only want to play with his brother don't look really smart right now

RaMMuT 02-23-2012 12:10 PM

It's sad to see that the guy was having a great beginning this year and everyone wanted him to stay.

He was playing really good under the JM system...ever since he got fired...well yeah...RC now uses him as a 4th liner :help:

And everyone wants him gone now. RC prefers to put Palushaj and Leblanc with eller rather than AK :shakehead:

Then he puts darche with pleks...

I cant wait till next season starts, we need a real coach who knows how to use each player efficiently.

MasterDecoy 02-23-2012 12:10 PM

just gonna quote myself from another thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 44702641)
at this point, im all for trading RC and give AK some ****ing powerplay time :cry:

ak improves his work ethics, still benched, plays with guys he doesn't play well with, benched, does what the coach wants him to do, benched. he gets benched from tiny ****ing mistakes while other players get away with much worst. i've made a complete 360 and now i WANT akost to be traded, only for his own good...

maybe it's me, but eeeeeveryone say ak's lazy, ak's makes tons of mistakes, bla bla bla, i just don't see it THAT bad. he plays well with plek and eller, cunny says: i don't think so. like, wtf?

he's a 20-25 goal, 20-25 assist player. deal with it.

uiCk 02-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 44710667)

i doubt habs can replace him effectivly, especially if they have to risk to replace him in UFA. In anyway we will overpay via trade or via UFA for his replacment. Guy wants to stay, which he mentioned twice already, which means one thing: hometown-Cap-discount. With Cammy gone and Gio injured (possibly prone at this point in his career), how can we keep losing goalscorers?

i don't see PG trading him, i think his value is too low, especially in last few days.
he's perfect as top 9 player.

Bieber fever 02-23-2012 12:14 PM

LOl RC is dumb ,, why did he not keep AK with Eller ??

Clipitar 02-23-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 44710957)
just gonna quote myself from another thread

ak improves his work ethics, still benched, plays with guys he doesn't play well with, benched, does what the coach wants him to do, benched. he gets benched from tiny ****ing mistakes while other players get away with much worst. i've made a complete 360 and now i WANT akost to be traded, only for his own good...

maybe it's me, but eeeeeveryone say ak's lazy, ak's makes tons of mistakes, bla bla bla, i just don't see it THAT bad. he plays well with plek and eller, cunny says: i don't think so. like, wtf?

he's a 20-25 goal, 20-25 assist player. deal with it.

My thoughts exactly.

People have been ripping on AK throughout his whole career for being non-responsible defensively and soft. Over the past 3-4 years, he developed a mean side to his game, and more recently became much more aware defensively with good, honest backchecking efforts on a regular basis. Took a bit of a toll on his offensive game, but still manages to get his regular share of production.

Leave him with Eller or Plekanec. Not.ever.make.him.play.with.Gomez.EVER.

I'm tired to see him being the whipping boy. He's going to be much harder to replace if he is to get traded. (though I would be ok if he were traded for the right return, which is NOT a late 2nd rounder)

Also, do people actually prefer Bourque to AK?

Habs Junkie 02-23-2012 12:22 PM

Posts disappear like magic, wow

larek 02-23-2012 12:22 PM

Trade him- enough of the begging-- 3 goals in the last 30 games or something along those lines--- happens every season

LyricalLyricist 02-23-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven (Post 44710929)
His reason for wanting to stay here is typical AKost. Love it or hate it: "I want to stay because I know Montreal, another city I have to start like at the start of my career. I want to stay"

Wow.

How's that typical AK and not typical to any player? Do you want to relocate for your job and face uncertainty to where you will be going? AK has a family, and he likes montreal, it's one thing to dislike the player, but to hate the logic of wanting to stay is a little much.

Clipitar 02-23-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 44711949)
How's that typical AK and not typical to any player? Do you want to relocate for your job and face uncertainty to where you will be going? AK has a family, and he likes montreal, it's one thing to dislike the player, but to hate the logic of wanting to stay is a little much.

People's hate for AK has crossed over the frontiers of rationality a long time ago.

gillyguzzler 02-23-2012 12:29 PM

PG has not even talked to his agent yet. They have no intention of resigning AK. As much as he's one of my favourite players, PG has to trade AK now and get something for him. Then, I hope AK produces like he can (as have so many players that the Habs practically gave away) and the haters and bigots (that's you Benny and the sheep) can find another Euro to shat on.

onice 02-23-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 44710805)
I still hope PG will troll Cunney and french media by not trading AK and offering him a 5 years contract...

If you were really paying attention - instead of just taking cheap shots - you'd see right now most of the French media people want to keep him. It's most of the English media that want him gone.

I'd like to keep him.

larek 02-23-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 44711949)

really would be odd if a player like kostitsyn stayed with a team his whole career!!- he can experience a trade just like many others do without begging in the newspapers and on twitter about not wanting to be traded

LyricalLyricist 02-23-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larek (Post 44712397)
really would be odd if a player like kostitsyn stayed with a team his whole career!!- he can experience a trade just like many others do without begging in the newspapers and on twitter about not wanting to be traded

He's 27 and entered the league at 22. I hardly consider a small extension as "whole career". It would be crazy if he stayed here till 40, but 2-3 years more isn't close to being a lifetime hab. Yes, he can experience a trade but if Gorges says he doesn't want to go, we call him a leader. If AK doesn't want to go, he's lazy or something.

onice 02-23-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larek (Post 44712397)

I don't know whay clip you saw or what paper you read but AK never begged to stay. In that RDS clip the journalists asked him twice. He simply answered them.

Sometimes all you can do with haters is simply:shakehead and ignore them. Yeah, I mean you.

habscup 02-23-2012 12:43 PM

Trade value is at its lowest.

2 goals in his last 26 games.

Kjell Dahlin 02-23-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakomyte (Post 44710863)
I don't see why not. He's pretty much successful in around 80% of the games he plays with either Plekanec or Eller. Why he has not stayed on Eller's wing is a total mystery to me...

If he can be signed at $3.5-$4 million for around 3 years, that's fine for offensive depth.

Same here.

Kostitsyn is an incredibly strong player – sheer force - who will give you 20 goals per season or 30 if you give him PP time. His shot is deadly, his passing skills are underrated and he is not afraid, à la Cammalleri, by the heavy circulation. Remember his clashes with Lucic?

Plus he is a home grown talent and we badly need to keep more of them; each times I read about Holland the word stability keeps popping up.

If he really is willing to take a little less than market value (he mentioned it a few weeks ago), I hope they intend to keep him: he is much better than Bourque... and that comes from a guy who likes Bourque!

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 44712373)
If you were really paying attention - instead of just taking cheap shots - you'd see right now most of the French media people want to keep him. It's most of the English media that want him gone.

I'd like to keep him.

I think you are right!

larek 02-23-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 44712783)
He's 27 and entered the league at 22. I hardly consider a small extension as "whole career". It would be crazy if he stayed here till 40, but 2-3 years more isn't close to being a lifetime hab. Yes, he can experience a trade but if Gorges says he doesn't want to go, we call him a leader. If AK doesn't want to go, he's lazy or something.

LOL Gorges !!
9 years or so in monetreal to many is a career- really doesnt sound like the Org wants to resign him- could be wrong but thats what it seems like- Andrei has been in teh dog house too many times with too many coaches- got to be some reason for that NO?