HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Lubomir Visnovsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1115531)

ericnut 02-23-2012 12:58 PM

Lubomir Visnovsky
 
What would your team offer for Lubomir Visnovsky? I think Murray will trade him before the trade deadline.

Saugus 02-23-2012 01:03 PM

I'm hoping the Devils make an offer for him if he is indeed available. Would a first, Josefson, and Taormina do it?

JimEIV 02-23-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44714217)
I'm hoping the Devils make an offer for him if he is indeed available. Would a first, Josefson, and Taormina do it?

Switch Josefson with Tedenby and I could get on board with it.

Saugus 02-23-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimEIV (Post 44714475)
Switch Josefson with Tedenby and I could get on board with it.

That would be my first choice too, but I'm not sure how much Anaheim would value Tedenby as opposed to Josefson, who is slightly more proven at the NHL level.

ericnut 02-23-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44714217)
I'm hoping the Devils make an offer for him if he is indeed available. Would a first, Josefson, and Taormina do it?

I think Josefson would be on Murray's target list, but not Tarmina since the Ducks have Schultz and Vatanen waiting in the wings.

ericnut 02-23-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44714633)
That would be my first choice too, but I'm not sure how much Anaheim would value Tedenby as opposed to Josefson, who is slightly more proven at the NHL level.

Agreed... I think Josefson would be a starting point for Murray.

Crazy8oooo 02-23-2012 01:26 PM

Josefson makes much more sense for the Ducks than Tedenby.

Sean Garrity 02-23-2012 01:26 PM

Should be in the ballpark of what Kaberle returned last season. Probably a tad more seeing as he is not a rental and is a better player than Kaberle.

DuckJet 02-23-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface (Post 44715367)
Should be in the ballpark of what Kaberle returned last season. Probably a tad more seeing as he is not a rental and is a better player than Kaberle.

A tad? Lubo is way more valuable, and like you said he's not a rental.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 02-23-2012 01:36 PM

Josefson
1st
Urbom

for

Visnovsky

Sean Garrity 02-23-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 44715721)
A tad? Lubo is way more valuable, and like you said he's not a rental.

Well I think we can agree that a 1st + Colborne + Cond. 2nd is quite an overpayment for Kaberle. :laugh:
Even though both sides will say they won the trade b/c Boston won the cup.

AfroThunder396 02-23-2012 01:42 PM

Jacob Josefson
1st 2013

And then ANA chooses one of the following:

Conditional 2nd 2012 (If NJ makes the Conference Finals, 3rd if they don't)
Alexander Urbom
Nick Palmieri
Matt Taormina

Exit Dose 02-23-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut (Post 44715899)
Josefson
1st
Urbom

for

Visnovsky

I don't think Urbom and a 1st is going to cut it. If I had to guess, I'd imagine Murray would want either Merrill or Gelinas. I'm not even sure if your first even enters into the picture.

Saugus 02-23-2012 01:55 PM

Merrill won't go anywhere. Gelinas might.

Duck Off 02-23-2012 01:58 PM

If Anaheim loses tonight, I expect both Lubo and Lydman will be shopped hard. If they win, Murray will not move Lubo, but Lydman may still be had. Although only for overpayment. Both having good contracts next year, make them really valuable to the Ducks. Tonight's game could decide fate if Ducks are sellers or buyers.

Exit Dose 02-23-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 44717323)
If Anaheim loses tonight, I expect both Lubo and Lydman will be shopped hard. If they win, Murray will not move Lubo, but Lydman may still be had. Although only for overpayment. Both having good contracts next year, make them really valuable to the Ducks. Tonight's game could decide fate if Ducks are sellers or buyers.

I think Lydman's fate was decided when Sbisa stole his job. If it doesn't happen now, then it will at the draft. Book it.

DuckJet 02-23-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 44717491)
I think Lydman's fate was decided when Sbisa stole his job. If it doesn't happen now, then it will at the draft. Book it.

I approve this message. Extra pressure coming from the NCAA in Schultz. I think it could happen sooner than the draft. Honestly. I can see Lydman gone.

Kovy Wan Kenobi 02-23-2012 02:05 PM

I dont like the idea of giving up a 1st rounder for a 35 year old with the Kovy penalty still up in the air. Is there anyway that the 1st can be changed to a 2nd and something else is added?

Exit Dose 02-23-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovy Wan Kenobi (Post 44717805)
I dont like the idea of giving up a 1st rounder for a 35 year old with the Kovy penalty still up in the air. Is there anyway that the 1st can be changed to a 2nd and something else is added?

I don't think a pick needs to enter into it at all, but the value it represents will need to be there in some way.

PADevil3034 02-23-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovy Wan Kenobi (Post 44717805)
I dont like the idea of giving up a 1st rounder for a 35 year old with the Kovy penalty still up in the air. Is there anyway that the 1st can be changed to a 2nd and something else is added?

This. Normally I'm all for giving up first rounders for a better chance at the cup, but the Kovy penalty makes me wary.

Saugus 02-23-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 44718257)
I don't think a pick needs to enter into it at all, but the value it represents will need to be there in some way.

Any interest in acquiring the "other Palmieri"? He's a budding power forward prospect.

Exit Dose 02-23-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44719039)
Any interest in acquiring the "other Palmieri"? He's a budding power forward prospect.

Maybe. That's a judgment I'll leave up to someone that's watched him play a significant amount of games. I'm sure our announcers will love having to keep Palmieri, Palmieri, Smith-Pelly, and Pelly straight.

Saugus 02-23-2012 02:29 PM

The thing is, you guys say you don't want defensive prospects because of Schultz and Vatanen being close. But the Devils' depth of prospect assets is on defence, and where we could use the upgrade is in our puck moving skill on our NHL defence. So a prospect defenceman would probably have to be in the deal unless Lou is willing to clean out the forward prospects in the farm system.

DuckJet 02-23-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44719437)
The thing is, you guys say you don't want defensive prospects because of Schultz and Vatanen being close. But the Devils' depth of prospect assets is on defence, and where we could use the upgrade is in our puck moving skill on our NHL defence. So a prospect defenceman would probably have to be in the deal unless Lou is willing to clean out the forward prospects in the farm system.

Not true. In fact if I could do a second+Vatanen for Gudbranson I would in a heartbeat. We need physical shutdown stay at home defenders like Sbisa and Beauchemin.

ericnut 02-23-2012 02:49 PM

A few Chicago fans on here would offer a 1st round pick, Kruger, and Pirri for Visnovsky. Can you beat that offer?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.