HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Rangers @ Isles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1117267)

JeffMangum 02-24-2012 10:06 PM

Rangers @ Isles

Continue..

Megustaelhockey 02-24-2012 10:06 PM

How long has it been since we lost two games in a row? How long has it been since we deserved to?

Ail 02-24-2012 10:07 PM

I know it's been said one thousand times but, RICHARDS AND MITCHELL ARE YOU KIDDING ME TORTS!>!?!!?!?!?!? :rant:

****ing hell.

Also, 5-hole.

Jumbo* 02-24-2012 10:07 PM

Im so tired of Biron and his terrible goaltending.

ANOTHER game we would have had the easy W if Lundqvist was in net. STOP PLAYING BIRON WE NEED THESE POINTS.

Hockey Team 02-24-2012 10:07 PM

I can't believe richards is 0 for 8 in the shootout this season.. w... t... f!!!

Btw, the PGT for last game is still stickied, might want to remove that

IBleedNYRBlue 02-24-2012 10:07 PM

I would have rather seen Hank in the shootout than Mitchell.

Mats Zuccarelli 02-24-2012 10:07 PM

Yes Torts! Keep benching Zuccs and Wolski for Mitchell and before that, Bickel! It's clearly working! Screw offense, WE NEED GRINDERS!!!

Stugots 02-24-2012 10:08 PM

I'm tired of the fact that we only have two lines that can score.

azrok22 02-24-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2d (Post 44847535)
I can't believe richards is 0 for 8 in the shootout this season.. w... t... f!!!

It's really astonishing. The guy was money in the shootout prior to this year, one of the better guys in the entire league.

WeWillWinTonight 02-24-2012 10:08 PM

Could be worse.

Come back from 2-0 and grab a point in a game that almost got away early. Still had chances to take the damn game though.

Tomorrow we come back fresh with hank against a buff team that went the distance as well tn.

Barbara Underhill 02-24-2012 10:09 PM

So much for Dubinsky having the game of his life.

Fataldogg 02-24-2012 10:09 PM

Marian Gaborik is the star tonight. Only player on the team who consistently brought something.

Tort's selections in the shootout are becoming mind numbing. I get that Richards WAS good at shootouts, but when you're 0-for-8, you don't go with him. Same for Mitchell.

I said it in the GDT and I'll say it again. These are valuable points we are losing in a skills competition. If we lose the conference lead by one or two points, we can look to our shootout losses. I have no problem putting Wolski/MZA on the 4th line, which only plays 5-8 minutes a night, to act as a viable option during the shootout. Are we to be convinced that they could be any worse than Mitchell or Bickel in the line up? I don't think so. The bottom line is that we don't have the right personnel to compete in a SO. Period. We need more dangler/sniper type players. We don't have that.

I also don't think we need to baby Lundqvist's ice time THIS much. I get it, he needs his rest, he's more mentally focused, but this is a W with Henrik in net. Lundqvist has the resume to start back to back games. It won't hurt him. We're paying him the big bucks for a reason. Biron is getting too much ice time, especially given his performance of late.

JeffMangum 02-24-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugots (Post 44847583)
I'm tired of the fact that we only have two lines that can score.

Same.

This team is certainly good, but they lack offensive depth. They only have 1 defenseman that is a consistent offensive threat, and two lines that can score...and one of those lines is ice-cold (Richards').

Get. Me. Nash.

Although, seeing JOHN MITCHELL in the shootout was certainly a pleasure. :shakehead

MrAlfie 02-24-2012 10:09 PM

**** Mitchell,Biron and Bickel!

I had time to calm down but this is ****ing ********.
Get these 3 wannabes outta here and stop embarrassing the whole god damn team, Johnny Malkin my ass! ****ing hate players who think they are world class danglers while everybody else skates circle around them.

F this!

Hockey Team 02-24-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 44847629)
It's really astonishing. The guy was money in the shootout prior to this year, one of the better guys in the entire league.

Well whatever gaborik did richards needs to do.

Because gaborik sucked big time in the shootout prior to this season.

valence 02-24-2012 10:10 PM

bruins lose a la SO 2-1

WeWillWinTonight 02-24-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgerfan (Post 44847525)
Im so tired of Biron and his terrible goaltending.

ANOTHER game we would have had the easy W if Lundqvist was in net. STOP PLAYING BIRON WE NEED THESE POINTS.

Your still on the Biron thing. Are you serious?

1st goal wasnt his fault second goal was a labeled shot off neutral zone turnover and 3rd is ppg. Wake up and realize Biron is not the reason for this damn loss.
We had our chances to win you still blaming Biron for that?

mrhockey193195 02-24-2012 10:11 PM

No problem with the Richards selection, who cares if he's 0-for-8, you ride your top guys until they get back on track. Gaborik was something lik 2-for-21 on shootouts before this season, I don't see you guys complaining that Tortorella is going with him.

I wasn't thrilled with the Mitchell pick. The guy has great hands, but like many of you have said, I'd rather see Dubi or Anisimov get a shot, or even Hagelin, who I think would be solid in SOs.

charlie460 02-24-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 44847755)
Although, seeing JOHN MITCHELL in the shootout was certainly a pleasure. :shakehead

:help: come on Torts.

Happy Boston lost. I'm still sweating from our game, though.

17futurecap 02-24-2012 10:11 PM

At least they got a point after being down 2-0 and 3-1, but the whole game was so frustrating. Buffalo beats Boston in a shootout with Miller in net, wonder if they go with him back to back tomorrow night?

Gardner McKay 02-24-2012 10:12 PM

I think Biron's 5 hole should be one of the Isles 3 stars.

Dorado* 02-24-2012 10:12 PM

WELL this last couple of weeks is the team I thought the NYR were going to be .
I think the hard intensity physical game we played so much this year has wore us down . I also think the lack o scoring depth is hurting us . Take the point but not so confident in this team as constructed winning a round .
1.5 lines and 2 4th lines basically .

JeffMangum 02-24-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2d (Post 44847535)

Thanks for the heads up.

Lerb 02-24-2012 10:13 PM

Now that every team knows to go 5 hole on Biron in regulation play and shoot out... we might have a little back up goal tending trouble again. The lightning knew it, the Devils knew it, Kovalchuk knew it, the Isles knew it, even the hawks who we normally see once a year knew it before the game started. Biron doesn't have the agility and reaction speed to make saves when he's positionally unsound. I thought he would have had the 5 hole problem improved upon since his last start and for that matter, since any one of his last 3 starts but apparently not. I'm just happy we're this is happening now with 82 points in hand instead of earlier on in the season.

Maineice11 02-24-2012 10:13 PM

sad to think this possibly could have been dubi's last game as a ranger... :( ...hopefully not...i am kind of hoping they trade anisimov instead of dubi if a trade occurs....ill just copy this and use it after tomorrow night's game again lol