HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Official Boston Bruins Trade Rumors *Part Five* (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1117875)

BrainOfJ 02-25-2012 02:34 PM

Official Boston Bruins Trade Rumors *Part Five*

One U in rumor this time....although it's more speculation at this point.

2 days away.

Trap Jesus 02-25-2012 02:35 PM

So no more Ryder and Souray, I guess.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 02-25-2012 02:35 PM

Why is everyone so keen on trading Koko? :rant:

ranold26 02-25-2012 02:36 PM

continued on from previous thread...

Dallas aren't sellers anymore, so Souray likely isn't coming.

Coach Parker 02-25-2012 02:37 PM

Back on topic for anyone who was with us at the end of the last page:

I'd move any prospect not named Hamilton for Brown or Nash. I'd even part with Rask for Nash only.

Sounds like Chiarelli isn't moving Rask or Hamilton and that the Dallas Stars are no longer sellers. Limits the options here.

Rubber Biscuit 02-25-2012 02:37 PM

Claim Clitsome, and push hard for Brown.

MioneRask134 02-25-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsABruin (Post 44882851)

Compared to Spooner & Knight, he's a few years away from being in the NHL. His value is high right now. I'd trade him, Caron and a 1st for Brown.

But that's just me.

nycbruins* 02-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit (Post 44882975)
Claim Clitsome, and push hard for Brown.

With you on Brown, despite my belief many will be a little underwhelmed. Also with you on Clitsome, but I'd be surprised if he isn't claimed before us.

misterjaggers 02-25-2012 02:39 PM

Aren't the Kings trying to make the playoffs? If so, the only trade I think they'd consider for Brown would be a hockey trade. They'd want somebody in return that could help them now. Wouldn't that put us out of the running?

Coach Parker 02-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsABruin (Post 44882851)

Not so much keen on moving him, but I object to NOT moving him, Spooner or Knight for a Brown or Nash.

Was debating the 'untouchable' list in Boston where many have sold me on 'untouchables blue-chip' prospects who didn't even make the Bruins.

We also debated the Rask move where I was open to moving Rask for Nash simply because I don't see Thomas slowing down his elite pace and performance for 3 more years.

Trap Jesus 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Parker (Post 44882967)
I'd move any prospect not named Hamilton for Brown or Nash.

Yes for Brown, but I want no part in Nash. It just screws way too much with the cap. I love how the Bruins are a team that don't have that one (or two) massive contract, well, besides Chara, but no one would argue with his importance to the team. Nash is just simply not even worth close to that money. I wouldn't even explore a trade for him.

MTaylorJ1 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbruins (Post 44883145)
With you on Brown, despite my belief many will be a little underwhelmed. Also with you on Clitsome, but I'd be surprised if he isn't claimed before us.

I'm curious though, if Columbus was just willing to waive him, assuming that someone would definitely pick him up, why wouldn't they have traded him for even a low round pick?

murphdasmurf2 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

Is waivers essentially a free for all or does it go in a particular order? I'd like to see Clitsome. As Lloyd Christmas said, PICK EM UP!

thepootamis 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

i think Brown has become the ultimate target for PC at this deadline. The guy is a player who when you watch you say to yourself he is a Bruin. I wouldn't offer Koko or Hamilton but Knight or Spooner i would be fine with trading to get him here

Bruins1726 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

Clitsome eh? would he fit here?

Kate08 02-25-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainOfJ (Post 44882645)
One U in rumor this time....although it's more speculation at this point.

2 days away.

USA! USA! :naughty:

This deadline has been eerily slow.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-25-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranold26 (Post 44882873)
continued on from previous thread...

Dallas aren't sellers anymore, so Souray likely isn't coming.

Mark Streit is their guy now.

Coach Parker 02-25-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mione134 (Post 44883105)
Compared to Spooner & Knight, he's a few years away from being in the NHL. His value is high right now. I'd trade him, Caron and a 1st for Brown.

But that's just me.

I'd do the same with Spooner. They both are 1st-2nd line players with offensive flair but Koko is producing more at a younger age. Knight brings a different element to his game and could fight for a 3rd line spot next year.

nycbruins* 02-25-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterjaggers (Post 44883159)
Aren't the Kings trying to make the playoffs? If so, the only trade I think they'd consider for Brown would be a hockey trade. They'd want somebody in return that could help them now. Wouldn't that put us out of the running?

Makes sense. Only thing I could think is they're going to make a move for another forward (Nash?), we can absorb Brown & Penner's cap hits to fit Nash and give them a cheap d-man like McQuaid.

All speculative, probable nonsense, but only way it would make sense to me, especially with a guy like Brian Burke probably desperate for a Dustin Brown-type.

Trap Jesus 02-25-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 (Post 44883231)
Is waivers essentially a free for all or does it go in a particular order? I'd like to see Clitsome. As Lloyd Christmas said, PICK EM UP!

It goes in reverse order of the standings I believe.

Rubber Biscuit 02-25-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterjaggers (Post 44883159)

Plenty of rumors circulating as to why they would want to move him. I thought I read that a young defenseman would be the center piece (Boychuk or McQuaid). Someone can verify that for me, while I search for a link. It might be in the last thread.

Actp 02-25-2012 02:42 PM

With Pho Anaheim, and Dallas all still legitimately still in the race for a spot think it will get slower, except for Nash.

Neely08 02-25-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 (Post 44883231)

or...on Calgary becoming sellers...

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

Good ole, Lloyd.

nycbruins* 02-25-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 (Post 44883199)
I'm curious though, if Columbus was just willing to waive him, assuming that someone would definitely pick him up, why wouldn't they have traded him for even a low round pick?

One idea I have is maybe Columbus will be taking on a few contracts with a potential Nash trade (a 3 for 1 or even 4 for 1 deal), thus needing to make room under the 50-man contract limit.

Teams are probably aware of this and have their own contract limit and wanted Columbus to take a player in return for Clitsome, so they waived him instead.

I think players will more easily clear waivers now because teams want to save their contract spots for trade flexibility.

Kate08 02-25-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely08 (Post 44883595)
or...on Calgary becoming sellers...

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

Good ole, Lloyd.

Your man crush on Iggy is awesome and brings me great joy. :laugh: