HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prucha on the Chechz National Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=111795)

Ola 11-03-2004 05:11 AM

Prucha on the Chechz National Team

I was a bit suprised that Prucha made the Chechz national team for the Karjala Tournament. He only has 3 assists so far for Pradubice in the Chechz league playing on a 4th line for Pradubice.

Goalies:
A. Svoboda, Duba
Defensemen:
Pilař, Židlický, Klesla, Škoula, Hejda, Blaťák, Hamr, Bičánek
Forwards:
Výborný, Chabada, Olesz, Balaštík, M. Erat, Hemský, J. Hlinka, P. Rosa, Prospal, R. Dvořák, Průcha, V. Nedorost and Irgl

Lundqvist will participate for Sweden and Immonen for Finland.

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-03-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola
I was a bit suprised that Prucha made the Chechz national team for the Karjala Tournament. He only has 3 assists so far for Pradubice in the Chechz league playing on a 4th line for Pradubice.

Goalies:
A. Svoboda, Duba
Defensemen:
Pilař, Židlický, Klesla, Škoula, Hejda, Blaťák, Hamr, Bičánek
Forwards:
Výborný, Chabada, Olesz, Balaštík, M. Erat, Hemský, J. Hlinka, P. Rosa, Prospal, R. Dvořák, Průcha, V. Nedorost and Irgl

Lundqvist will participate for Sweden and Immonen for Finland.

Where is Jagr? I would like to see Jagr and Prucha play again to see if they still have the same chemistry.

Chief 11-03-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola
I was a bit suprised that Prucha made the Chechz national team for the Karjala Tournament.

Didn't Prucha and Marek play in the Karjala tournament last year? If so, the bigger question for me is what Marek's absence from the team means in regard to his development (and I do realize that there are more NHL's available this year).

NYR469 11-03-2004 10:27 AM

this is definitely good news, he's had a rough start to the season so hopefully this tourney will give him something positive to build on

Rodent 11-03-2004 12:26 PM

I just woke up (election night insomnia out here on the left coast) and am pleasantly stunned to have an email waiting for me with this news. I rushed here to announce it, but I see I am too late.

Prucha has played aggressively as a fourth-liner this season and has gotten PK time as a result. His last three games have been stellar - he caused a turnover, skated down ice with the puck and dished off for a SH goal recently. So he's demonstrated himself to be a role player who can ignite a club. Doubtless he will reprise this "role" on the national team in Finland next week.

As for why he was chosen over so many other candidates...

I'm trying to find out who the coach will be for the CR club. If Martinek (Pardubice "trener"), then Prucha's selection is more easily explained. Or even if Slava Lener (who was coach during World Championships) it could explain the selection because Pardubice played Lener's Sparta club on Tuesday - so Lener might have been "re-impressed" with Petr. After all, it was Lener who chose Prucha in April... even over his "own" Jan Marek.

Keep in mind, there are four of these international competitions throughout the season. So the roster may change as the year goes on.

Rodent 11-03-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief
Didn't Prucha and Marek play in the Karjala tournament last year? If so, the bigger question for me is what Marek's absence from the team means in regard to his development (and I do realize that there are more NHL's available this year).

Marek was hotter than hell, last season. This year, "not so much". His appearance in the Golden Helmet competition last week was actually in the role of second assist on a rather pedestrian dish-off behind the attacking net. It was more incidental. Marek's linemate, Martin Chabada, did make the squad, however.

I'm not sure I would have chosen David Vyborny over Petr Ton, however. Ton is Marek's pivot. Vyborny plays with Nedved (flu) and Hlavac (shoulder) on the star-studded Sparta club.

Rodent 11-03-2004 12:48 PM

Okay. My source at one of the Prague papers says that Prucha made such a big impression at The Worlds - he would have probably been chosen for Karjala Cup even if he wasn't doing so well this year.

With so many All-Stars on the club, they need some role guys. Prucha is still young enough that he's mentally okay with accepting "role" positions. Yet, this kid can score anyway. So he's a natural selection from a team balancing perspective.

NYR469 11-03-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
I just woke up (election night insomnia out here on the left coast) and am pleasantly stunned to have an email waiting for me with this news. I rushed here to announce it, but I see I am too late.

Prucha has played aggressively as a fourth-liner this season and has gotten PK time as a result. His last three games have been stellar - he caused a turnover, skated down ice with the puck and dished off for a SH goal recently. So he's demonstrated himself to be a role player who can ignite a club. Doubtless he will reprise this "role" on the national team in Finland next week.

definitely good news that he is doing some positive things away from the puck...who knows maybe this situation will help make him a more rounded player

Ola 11-03-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Okay. My source at one of the Prague papers says that Prucha made such a big impression at The Worlds - he would have probably been chosen for Karjala Cup even if he wasn't doing so well this year.

With so many All-Stars on the club, they need some role guys. Prucha is still young enough that he's mentally okay with accepting "role" positions. Yet, this kid can score anyway. So he's a natural selection from a team balancing perspective.

Prucha was good at last years WC but made the biggest impression to me in the Karjala Tournament and The Baltica Cup. Hopefully getting some ice time in a international tournament will get his game gooing! Prucha is defenitly capable of playing in a checking role but one thing that I think will benefit him is the type of game beeing played in these tournaments. The talent level is very good and the speed is incredible but players aren´t used to play together and there are more open ice. Another player who really came into his own in International Tournaments were Kim Johnsson. He scored more in 16 games playing in international games in 98´ then he did playing in 50 games for Malmö...

Brooklyn Ranger 11-03-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola
Prucha was good at last years WC but made the biggest impression to me in the Karjala Tournament and The Baltica Cup. Hopefully getting some ice time in a international tournament will get his game gooing! Prucha is defenitly capable of playing in a checking role but one thing that I think will benefit him is the type of game beeing played in these tournaments. The talent level is very good and the speed is incredible but players aren´t used to play together and there are more open ice. Another player who really came into his own in International Tournaments were Kim Johnsson. He scored more in 16 games playing in international games in 98´ then he did playing in 50 games for Malmö...

I remember how Neil Smith raved about Kim Johnsson after seeing him in some of those tournaments--it's a big reason why the organization signed him.

Kovy274Hart 11-04-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Where is Jagr? I would like to see Jagr and Prucha play again to see if they still have the same chemistry.

Jagr announced his "retirement" from the Czech international team to give younger players the opportunity to play.

Good for Prucha.

Prucha73 11-04-2004 01:15 AM

I wonder if this is the reason I am no longer banned?

007 11-04-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

Balancing? I am Rangers fan, I do not understand your "balancing". Explain this to me, what is "balancing".

Prucha73 11-04-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Balancing? I am Rangers fan, I do not understand your "balancing". Explain this to me, what is "balancing".

I think he means that you need to have players willing to do grinding and checking assignments, which all stars are not interested in doing, but a young guy like Prucha would do.

007 11-04-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
I think he means that you need to have players willing to do grinding and checking assignments, which all stars are not interested in doing, but a young guy like Prucha would do.

Ah, I am understanding now... This is new concept to me and Rangers management. Maybe this "balancing" could be way for Rangers to make playoffs.

007 11-04-2004 10:24 AM

Ok, tired of being sarcastic. I'm impressed with the way the Czechs are making their team, especially if you consider the talent they have on offer. It must be tempting to try to make a Czech all-star team.

As for Prucha, this is great news, and the first good things I've heard about this season from his perspective. I'm glad to hear that he has been playing hard even on the fourth line, too.