HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NYR/CAR...Roll call (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1118319)

jacko23 02-25-2012 08:01 PM

NYR/CAR...Roll call

Anybody going to the game at the RBC Center on Thursday? Itll be my first time watching the boys in person since '04. Long overdue. Ill be wearing my Gaborik alternate jersey, and my son will be wearing my Beukeboom Tshirt if his jersey doesnt make it in the mail in time. If you see me, stop by and say hi. We can chat each others ears off!! Haha!

dtrap 02-25-2012 11:12 PM

I'll be there...driving up from Charleston for the night!

jacko23 02-26-2012 05:39 AM

sweet! driving from PA. the wife is living near Raleigh for the time being and one of her friends got us premium suite tickets for the game. excited doesnt do it justice.

Zuccarello Awesome* 02-26-2012 12:10 PM

My girlfriend and I will be there. Section 111 I think. I'll double check. I'll be wearing a Gaborik shirt, she'll be wearing a Dubinsky.

I was at the last game at RBC center on Dec 1st and it was about 50% Rangers fans, no joke. Great crowd overall. RBC center is one of the best buildings ive been to. They don't have *******s walking around selling cotton candy blocking your view, and they don't let people walk down to their seats while play is going on. They make you wait for a whistle. And tons of great food choices around the outside of the arena. I recommend the prime rib sandwich.

LGR!

jacko23 02-26-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome (Post 44966289)
My girlfriend and I will be there. Section 111 I think. I'll double check. I'll be wearing a Gaborik shirt, she'll be wearing a Dubinsky.

I was at the last game at RBC center on Dec 1st and it was about 50% Rangers fans, no joke. Great crowd overall. RBC center is one of the best buildings ive been to. They don't have *******s walking around selling cotton candy blocking your view, and they don't let people walk down to their seats while play is going on. They make you wait for a whistle. And tons of great food choices around the outside of the arena. I recommend the prime rib sandwich.

LGR!

for food outside the arena, i recommend The Pit or The Flying Saucer. The Pit has INCREDIBLE BBQ, and The Saucer has an unreal draft selection. sadly i wont be going cos ill have my boys with me.

Ive seen a few games at the RBC. Devils, Ducks, and i think it was the Sens. its a great building for sure.

nyrmessier011 02-26-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko23 (Post 44973125)
for food outside the arena, i recommend The Pit or The Flying Saucer. The Pit has INCREDIBLE BBQ, and The Saucer has an unreal draft selection. sadly i wont be going cos ill have my boys with me.

Ive seen a few games at the RBC. Devils, Ducks, and i think it was the Sens. its a great building for sure.

I drove over in December, may be going again we'll see what stubhub looks like. I stayed in a hotel last time, don't feel like dropping loot on it this time so have to see how I feel about driving back afterwards. Tickets aren't the problem, was five rows back for $10 last time.

I went to the Pit and Saucer last time, both cool spots I would recommend.

mti79 02-26-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko23 (Post 44973125)

I drove from CT last February for a game (Wolski tied it, then won it in the SO) and had a great time at the game. Friendly people, no problems at all.

As for the food, we tried the Pit on the Monday night and it was good. Didn't think it was as great as advertised to me beforehand. Really enjoyed the burgers at Natty Greene's in Raleigh. They also have their own beers and some of them were unbelievable. The Benjamin Franklin was one of the best beers I've ever had, and I've had my share. Was down there in November and it wasn't on tap so it may be seasonal.

SoCalFaz 02-26-2012 04:02 PM

I moved to Raleigh last month from San Diego and have been looking forward to this game since then. I'll be there in section 325 wearing my Callahan Jersey or Leetch Winter Classic t shirt looking forward to meeting some people.

NCRanger 02-26-2012 06:04 PM

I personally dislike, no DETEST, the RBC Center. I lived in Raleigh from 1999-2006, and actually had season tickets to the Hurricanes for three years. My last year I had tickets, I actually had my rep come to my seats during a Ranger game and get all ****** with me about having a Ranger jersey on. I now live in Charlotte, and rarely, if ever, will attend a game at that place. I agree with the no blocking of sightlines being a positive, but the kindergarten classroom atmosphere of the stupid sound effects and non-stop artificial noise drives me up the wall. Granted, if the Rangers jump on top, the place is more tolerable because the silliness is negated. If the Hurricanes get a lead, it is an annoying building to be in. Not to mention, the general feeling of the rent-a-cop mentality of the overbearing "security".

I used to take a trip to Atlanta to catch a game, an overall much nicer place and less of a feeling of being in an elementary school.

That being said, downtown Raleigh has changed quite a bit since 2006.

I HIGHLY recommend The Pit. Wasn't aware that Natty Greene's had a spot in Raleigh. I've been to the original in Greensboro, and the beers are top notch. The Flying Saucer is outstanding, but be careful if you drive...there's ALWAYS a cop sitting there, and some of those beers are a bit stronger than you may think.

Glenwood South is an interesting area -- not necessarily downtown, but pretty close, and it can be a fun night.

jacko23 02-26-2012 06:11 PM

As much time as ive spent in downtown Raleigh, ive never heard of Natty Greene's. Ill have to check it out. Hope to see you guys at te game!

Tawnos 02-26-2012 10:41 PM

Not 100% on my gameday plan yet. But I will be there.

nyrmessier011 02-26-2012 11:28 PM

while we're on this, I'm new to the area...where do you guys in Charlotte go to watch games? Watching center ice in my apt every game sucks vs what I was used to living in NY with my buddies.

I've become buddies with the guys at hooligans and they throw sound on for me. Ran into a handful of rangers fans at that bar once. Black finn and mortimers have put games on for me when im out on the weekends. Any place in particular you might find a few Rangers fans out for games here?

Tawnos 02-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 45022783)
while we're on this, I'm new to the area...where do you guys in Charlotte go to watch games? Watching center ice in my apt every game sucks vs what I was used to living in NY with my buddies.

I've become buddies with the guys at hooligans and they throw sound on for me. Ran into a handful of rangers fans at that bar once. Black finn and mortimers have put games on for me when im out on the weekends. Any place in particular you might find a few Rangers fans out for games here?

Actually, no I have no idea. I don't think I've ever once gone out for a game in this town. :laugh: I just moved back in July, but I lived here almost 5 years ago.

I know that Center Ice Tavern at Extreme Ice Center will show whatever game you want. I just don't know anyone else who would go with me to catch a game there.

That being said, if you and NCRanger wanted to figure out a meet for one of the nationally televised games (on a Tuesday or Friday, which are my only nights off), I'd be down.

nyrmessier011 02-26-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawnos (Post 45022953)
Actually, no I have no idea. I don't think I've ever once gone out for a game in this town. :laugh: I just moved back in July, but I lived here almost 5 years ago.

I know that Center Ice Tavern at Extreme Ice Center will show whatever game you want. I just don't know anyone else who would go with me to catch a game there.

That being said, if you and NCRanger wanted to figure out a meet for one of the nationally televised games (on a Tuesday or Friday, which are my only nights off), I'd be down.

Yea let's make it happen at that place or one of the few I mentioned, I know for sure they play any game. Anyone interested in a pre-game to the weekend friday night with some NYR at 7:30, or wanna get something going for another night in Charlotte, hit me on PM.

nyrmessier011 02-29-2012 01:00 PM

Been looking on stubhub for tickets...way more expensive than the game in Dec (other than upper deck). Anyone have suggestions about scalping in the lot tomorrow?

BringBackLibertys 03-01-2012 07:35 AM

Was there in December, and will be in Sec. 102 tonight, just to the right of the Rangers bench. I think I will wear my white Liberty, since it is one of my lighters (weight) jerseys and it is gonna be freekin 80 degrees today!

NyRangers88 03-01-2012 09:13 AM

Hope to see lots of Blue in the stands when I watch on TV!

Tawnos 03-01-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys (Post 45300017)
Was there in December, and will be in Sec. 102 tonight, just to the right of the Rangers bench. I think I will wear my white Liberty, since it is one of my lighters (weight) jerseys and it is gonna be freekin 80 degrees today!

First of all: I love March in the South.

Second of all: I doubt it will be 80 inside the arena ;)

I will be leaving Charlotte at about 2. Got a friend I'm meeting in Raleigh. It's going to be his first live hockey game, which is pretty awesome.

Section 320. Very excited to get to see this team this year. Generally against customizing jerseys, so I'll be there with my blank home jersey.

nyrmessier011 03-01-2012 10:00 AM

Not sure where I'm sitting yet, but I'm definitely leaving here at 3 to go with a friend. I always laugh when people say what they're wearing like they will be spotted, but what the hell, I'll be in a blue vintage sweater jersey, gray/white nyr hat. ****ing fired up. Only been to three games this year.