HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   GDT: Trade Deadline Deal/Rumor Discussion--Mods will create thread for Wild Trade(s) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1118409)

forthewild 02-25-2012 08:47 PM

Trade Deadline Deal/Rumor Discussion--Mods will create thread for Wild Trade(s)

If the Wild make a trade and it's confirmed, please everyone don't rush to make a thread. It will be handled by either Gopher, Jarick, Fel, or I. Thank you!
*this providence EDIT

with the trade deadline just around the corner i thought we could have a thread just for this special and very exciting day of biting our fingernails waiting to see who the lucky winner is int he zanon sweepstakes.

now regarding the wild i know we have talked about this to the point of :deadhorse: but here is what i hope happens on monday and why

zanon: traded for picks and/or a defensive prospect, will get a 3rd, still having multiple 3rds is not a bad idea. i just don't see zanon as being the difference in getting this team to the playoffs, he is decent but he's not going to carry this team.

harding: traded, again our target is picks or defensive prospects, i know he's not the hottest goalie on the market but he should fetch a decent return, i don't think van is trading schneider now and there is a few teams looking for a goalie, harding can be had for value and it can be a "win-win"

my reasoning is this, first we can give hackett some games in the nhl, he has played well and could be the spark we are looking for as well as getting him ready for the nhl, 2nd harding so far hasn't shown he can be the guy who's going to carry the load here, he has been good and on a better team he could be a solid goalie but i don't see harding taking the reigns and getting this team to the playoffs.

i know people are saying we sell like a girl in vegas but i think we can move some of our UFA's and still not throw the towel in the year. and with the way we have picked in the 2nd round i trust our scouting to find a decent guy.

ShutDownDefense 02-25-2012 11:51 PM

I think you can remove Zid from your avatar, he won't be bothering us anymore. :laugh:

Yeah I'm expecting Zanon to go, Harding, no. Not enough takers for a UFA goalie this year. Other than that I'm thinking we stand pat for the most part.

I wouldn't mind unloading a few more UFA's, but we'd be short on players. I would love to get an additional first rounder and second rounder this year, but don't see it happening.

Monday will be interesting to watch.

Timothy Freitag 02-26-2012 03:02 AM

I have a gut feeling that Harding will go to Tampa Bay for a 2nd or 3rd. They've picked up some picks lately, and might like the first shot to sign a younger goalie that could take over the #1 next year.

forthewild 02-26-2012 07:46 AM

i don't think harding would stiff a team and leave for UFA if he is given the starting job and tampa would most likely give him the reigns. 2nd isn't that much to ask for given the asking price for other like schneider

Avder 02-26-2012 12:00 PM

I think Zanon is the biggest possibility of being the next guy we ship off. And also possibly the only guy. Ottawa traded with the Blues to get their goalie, and I just dont know if I see any other GM taking a chance on Harding who has been up and down with his play this year, as well as up and down in the injury department. I would really like to ship him off tho, and bring Hackett up and get him a couple of starts before the season ends.

I dont really see us being able to move anyone else, unless some weird offer from out of the blue comes and fletcher likes it. and from his comments to the media about some kind of reshuffling, I would not at all be surprised if some kind of unexpected deal did indeed hit us on monday.

Also, nobody ever said "ye" like we say it today. "ye" was actually how the word "the" was spelled at one point between the period where the old english rune thorn was used and the letters "th" were used. Both make the same sound. So with that, your thread title is properly read "the the olde trade day megathread" :sarcasm:

Dampland 02-26-2012 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 44965507)
Also, nobody ever said "ye" like we say it today. "ye" was actually how the word "the" was spelled at one point between the period where the old english rune thorn was used and the letters "th" were used. Both make the same sound. So with that, your thread title is properly read "the the olde trade day megathread" :sarcasm:

No English lessons on a SUNDAY!

forthewild 02-26-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 44965507)
I think Zanon is the biggest possibility of being the next guy we ship off. And also possibly the only guy. Ottawa traded with the Blues to get their goalie, and I just dont know if I see any other GM taking a chance on Harding who has been up and down with his play this year, as well as up and down in the injury department. I would really like to ship him off tho, and bring Hackett up and get him a couple of starts before the season ends.

I dont really see us being able to move anyone else, unless some weird offer from out of the blue comes and fletcher likes it. and from his comments to the media about some kind of reshuffling, I would not at all be surprised if some kind of unexpected deal did indeed hit us on monday.

last time i checked its today and not that one long ass time ago when women didn't shave their legs or pits so yeah i still think it works:sarcasm:

DeuceMN 02-26-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 44966713)
last time i checked its today and not that one long ass time ago when women didn't shave their legs or pits so yeah i still think it works:sarcasm:

Are you knocking flowing leg hair?! When the breeze hits it just the right way... Oh hairy women:naughty:

:help::help::help:

Avder 02-26-2012 02:08 PM

God dammit I derailed another one :facepalm:

BACK TO THE TRADE DEADLINE

With Ottawa out of the picture for Harding, who else is potentially looking for a goalie?

And who are possible suitors for Zanon?

Crazytrain83 02-26-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 44975787)
God dammit I derailed another one :facepalm:

BACK TO THE TRADE DEADLINE

With Ottawa out of the picture for Harding, who else is potentially looking for a goalie?

And who are possible suitors for Zanon?

Chicago and.... Chicago?

It would be nice to get it all taken care of with one deal.

Avder 02-26-2012 02:31 PM

Why would Chicago want Harding tho?

this providence 02-26-2012 02:34 PM

Any team vying for a playoff spot could realistically use Zanon. Shot blocking #6-7 guy, will come cheap. I wouldn't expect anything more than a 4th or so, though.

As for Harding, don't see how he's moved. He's not stable enough to be someone that can be counted on in a back-up role, nor are there many teams out there in hunt looking to give him a shot at a tandem/#1 spot. Team that are clearly out have no real incentive to move anything for him.

Crazytrain83 02-26-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 44978403)
Why would Chicago want Harding tho?

A big pile of wishful thinking on my part... but it's not like they know who their #1 is now.

(And 4 goals against VS the Kings is never a good thing)

forthewild 02-26-2012 03:47 PM

chi needs a number one guy, tampa and tor need goalies too.

chi

# Name GP Min GA GAA W L T ENG SO Saves SvPct
30 Ray Emery 24 1268 58 2.74 11 7 2 1 0 534 0.902
50 Corey Crawford 45 2550 123 2.89 22 16 5 1 0 1122 0.901

hards

Josh Harding 24 1320 57 2.59 9 9 3 2 1 643 0.919

and thats with mn defense

toronto

50 Jonas Gustavsson 33 1809 87 2.89 16 12 2 1 3 828 0.905
30 Ben Scrivens 8 425 21 2.96 2 4 1 3 0 198 0.904
34 James Reimer 27 1505 75 2.99 11 10 4 0 3 697 0.903

tampa bay

32 Mathieu Garon 43 2235 108 2.90 19 16 4 5 1 987 0.901
30 Dwayne Roloson 28 1451 91 3.76 8 12 2 2 1 666 0.880

squidz* 02-27-2012 07:38 AM

2012 Trade Deadline

And it finally comes to this.

2PM CST today is the NHL trade deadline. Who will move? Who will stay? Who are the buyers? Who are the sellers?

The word on twitter (or is it just hype for TSN's show?) is to expect a few left field trades today. My personal predictions:

1. No Nash Trade. He's staying in Columbus until at least the offseason, if not the All-Star game next year.

2. Calgary will think they're buyers, and pick up a 3rd line guy to play in their top 6, then narrowly miss the playoffs.

3. Toronto will be involved in at least 15 players, but eventually only pick up a guy of Harding's notoriety or less.

4. Wild will trade exactly one of Zanon, Harding, Stoner, or Lundin.

5. Someone will be crazy enough to trade for Spacek.

6. Defensemen will be overpaid for early in the day, but returns will be weaker as the deadline comes closer. The reverse is true for forwards.

Edit: Looks like there was already a thread that I missed when I explicitly checked for one before creating. Please merge.

BuddyMcCormick 02-27-2012 07:58 AM

Lundin is hurt. Can't be traded. May be done for the year with a hernia.

squidz* 02-27-2012 08:01 AM

Tampa is an extremely unlikely destination for Harding. If he gets sent there, we're selling way low. They'd only pick him up as a tryout/recruiting effort, and that's only worth a touch more than UFA rights. Bryzgalov (a much more highly regarded goalie) was only worth a 3rd, so if Harding goes to Tampa, I'd be surprised to get that much for him.

Toronto and Chicago are the real possibilities. Anaheim could be a dark horse on that if they're worried about Hiller's health though. Teams like Columbus and Tampa are more likely to chase Bernier or another goalie still under team control.

this providence 02-27-2012 08:03 AM

Merged per request.

All Rumor and Trade Discussion Will Take Place Here

If the Wild make a trade and it's confirmed, please everyone don't rush to make a thread. It will be handled by either Gopher, Jarick, Fel, or I. Thank you!

squidz* 02-27-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick (Post 45033257)
Lundin is hurt. Can't be traded. May be done for the year with a hernia.

Contrary to popular belief, you can trade injured players. I don't believe you can trade guys on LTIR, but you most certainly can trade just regularly injured players.

The issue is, most teams won't trade for them as until they're traded, they can't have their own doctors examine the player. Since they for sure won't pass a physical, the teams trading for the injured players just have to trust what the other team's GM says their medical staff has said.

I don't know anything about Lundin's particular injury, so maybe he's done and we won't see any movement on him, but Stoner's injury doesn't make him untradeable.

tomgilbertfan 02-27-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 45033561)
Contrary to popular belief, you can trade injured players. I don't believe you can trade guys on LTIR, but you most certainly can trade just regularly injured players.

The issue is, most teams won't trade for them as until they're traded, they can't have their own doctors examine the player. Since they for sure won't pass a physical, the teams trading for the injured players just have to trust what the other team's GM says their medical staff has said.

I don't know anything about Lundin's particular injury, so maybe he's done and we won't see any movement on him, but Stoner's injury doesn't make him untradeable.

Russo said Lundin has a hernia and is going to get a steroid shot, if that doesn't help he's done for the season.

mnwildgophers 02-27-2012 09:11 AM

I'm curious about this Schultz thing, what can we realistically expect back for him?

nickschultzfan 02-27-2012 09:13 AM

Please no Barker trade!

Hoping Fletcher gets a 2nd for Harding and a 3rd for Zanon. Or package both together for a 1st (yeah right).

squidz* 02-27-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnwildgophers (Post 45037865)
I'm curious about this Schultz thing, what can we realistically expect back for him?

Realistically? Depends if the buyer believes he's still a #2 guy. Defensemen are extremely pricy right now, so I can't really imagine any teams that both want and can afford him though. Chicago would be a prime destination, but with the extra year left on his contract (which is a plus for him) I think he's worth more than a first. Fletcher would probably ask for Chicago's 1st plus Clendening, and Chicago would definitely say no to that.

If Lundin is potentially done for the year, I would think we could only really move one of Zanon, Stoner, and Schultz. I think Zanon's the #1 candidate there.

El Nino22 02-27-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnwildgophers (Post 45037865)

From the way Russo made it sound GMCF is looking for picks and prospects. I'm guessing if they packaged Schultz+Harding or dare I say it Schultz+Clutterbuck:amazed: we could get a pretty decent return

squidz* 02-27-2012 09:23 AM

Sounds like AK46 may be on his way to Nashville. Joke of the day so far:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriousHabs (Post 45038195)
Kostitsyn Weber Ellis and Bourque for Kostitsyn Weber Ellis and Bourque.