HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Proposal: Gabo from Toronto for 1st + Taylor Beck (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1119149)

Hawaiinleaf 02-26-2012 02:33 PM

Gabo from Toronto for 1st + Taylor Beck

Would this be a fair trade

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 02:47 PM

I like Grabo, and think he'd be a good fit, but that feels like too much. Either Beck and downgrade the pick (think our next is a 3rd), or the 1st and someone like Thang, or perhaps Budish. Not even sure how much I like giving up the 1st, though I'm sure that will be the going rate.

Leafs For Life* 02-26-2012 02:50 PM

If the 1st is sure and Beck is at least a mid grade prospect, (but if a top prospect forward no) then yes imo but, (Don't Flame to hard) I would rather a deal like this:

Grabovski, Kulemin, Gustavsson for Wilson, Lindback, Cond. 1st 2013 on Grabo resigning.

Reason for Nashville: They get some much needed scoring for the playoffs and season, As Grabovski would tie for 2nd and Kulemin albeit a low scoring season would become 11th and would pick up the pace from a change of scenery.

Reason for Toronto: They get a good, young center with 1B potential and a A good goalie that has potential and his first goalie coach was very like Allaire so he would fit in, And if the first is recieved, it could be used to move up in 2013 for Max Domi which would make Burke like god for that month to me and most leaf fans.

Reasons opposing it: Nashville is a low payroll team and could use ELC performances, and Toronto would lose 2 of their 2nd line.

IMO Deal is like this:
Signed Grabo=Wilson
Kulemin > 1st
Gustavsson < Lindback
but the differences in the last 2 even out.

How is Value, And would you do it?

ThirdManIn 02-26-2012 02:53 PM

At the moment the only (available) player I am ok with dealing Wilson for would be Nash.

Top 6 Spaling 02-26-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafer97 (Post 44979965)
IMO Deal is like this:
Grabo=Wilson
Kulemin > 1st
Gustavsson < Lindback

Politely but strongly disagree. Colin Wilson has been an absolute beast for us in all 3 zones this year and I honestly think he will be a top line power forward someday fairly soon. He has a significantly higher value than Grabo, a rental. Kulemin for first is pretty even. Lindback is better than gus.

Take out our first and I still dont do that. I would barely trade Wilson alone for that package, but I am very biased haha.

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafer97 (Post 44979965)
If the 1st is sure and Beck is at least a mid grade prospect, (but if a top prospect forward no) then yes imo but, (Don't Flame to hard) I would rather a deal like this:

Grabovski, Kulemin, Gustavsson for Wilson, Lindback, Cond. 1st 2013 on Grabo resigning.

Reason for Nashville: They get some much needed scoring for the playoffs and season, As Grabovski would tie for 2nd and Kulemin albeit a low scoring season would become 11th and would pick up the pace from a change of scenery.

Reason for Toronto: They get a good, young center with 1B potential and a A good goalie that has potential and his first goalie coach was very like Allaire so he would fit in, And if the first is recieved, it could be used to move up in 2013 for Max Domi which would make Burke like god for that month to me and most leaf fans.

Reasons opposing it: Nashville is a low payroll team and could use ELC performances, and Toronto would lose 2 of their 2nd line.

IMO Deal is like this:
Grabo=Wilson
Kulemin > 1st
Gustavsson < Lindback

Sorry, no real interest in this drastic a deal. Would rather go into the post-season with Wilson and Lindback over Kulemin and Gustavsson.

AtlantaWhaler 02-26-2012 02:57 PM

Too much.

Leafs For Life* 02-26-2012 02:59 PM

I agree that Wilson has played great but you can't base it off of 1 season IE: Raycroft :shakehead but most I would do is signed Grabo + 2nd For Wilson And, I agree on every team's fan's bias'.

I Will Son 02-26-2012 02:59 PM

Preds lose to much.

Hawaiinleaf 02-26-2012 03:07 PM

Beck and a 2nd for gabo is a fair deal i think then

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafer97 (Post 44980583)
I agree that Wilson has played great but you can't base it off of 1 season IE: Raycroft :shakehead but most I would do is signed Grabo + 2nd For Wilson And, I agree on every team's fan's bias'.

We don't need a signed Grabo, we are only looking for a rental, and will worry about contracts in the summer. Wilson is our best young forward, excels in all aspects of his game, and will not be traded unless it's part of a package for an elite player. He is likely the foundation of the forward corps going forward.

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 44981241)
Beck and a 2nd for gabo is a fair deal i think then

We don't have a 2nd. It would be Beck and a 3rd, or if it requires a 1st, likely the 1st and a mid/lesser prospect.

Hawaiinleaf 02-26-2012 03:09 PM

Leafs if in sale mode

Have surplus D thats actually good and 2 forwards of value i would suspect Gabo and McCarthur

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 44981419)
Leafs if in sale mode

Have surplus D thats actually good and 2 forwards of value i would suspect Gabo and McCarthur

No interest in MacArthur. Too many 30-40 point wings on this team as is. I believe Poile would only have interest in Grabovski from Toronto at this point.

Leafs For Life* 02-26-2012 03:12 PM

Beck, Blum, Lindback, cond 2nd 2013(1st if he resigns) for Grabo, Kulemin, Gustavvson(back-up)?

Hawaiinleaf 02-26-2012 03:12 PM

How good is Beck? also thoughts on Latta

Honest thoughts

worstfaceoffmanever 02-26-2012 03:14 PM

I don't think we should even run the risk of antagonizing Kostitsyn by bringing in Grabovski, regardless of value.

Iron Duke 02-26-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 44981629)
How good is Beck? also thoughts on Latta

Honest thoughts

Somebody who watches the Admirals more consistently can give a better analysis than I. Beck played pretty well in training camp, if I remember correctly, and Latta seems to be doing well with the Ads. Other than that, I'd trust the HF analysis more than me to give an accurate breakdown.

kypredsfan 02-27-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 44981743)
I don't think we should even run the risk of antagonizing Kostitsyn by bringing in Grabovski, regardless of value.

True. Kostitsyn is playing too well right now to mess with that deal.

Joe T Choker 02-27-2012 11:24 AM

I think we can take Grabovski off our radar now