HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trade Deadline Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1119605)

sa cyred 02-26-2012 09:31 PM

Trade Deadline Talk

I know we have the Miscellaneous NHL Discussion thread, but we ussually always have a deadline thread, where rumors trades etc are talked about. Since we are about what 15 or so hours away, might as well talk about it.

On the Flyers end.

Quote:

According to a source close to The Fourth Period, the Flyers could be seeking a number one goalie. TFP writer Dustin Leed also confirmed the goalie interest.

According to the source, the Flyers are willing to package Bobrovsky as part of a deal that could include left wing James van Riemsdyk, depending on the goalie.

The Flyers are believed to be eyeing Nikolai Khabibulin of the Edmonton Oilers, Jean-Sebastien Giguere of the Colorado Avalanche and Ondrej Pavelec of the Winnipeg Jets.
-The Fourth Period

Most beat guys are thinking we will atleast make one trade, to even open up a contract spot. In other news Nash may or may not stay. Eklund says the Flyers are trying to get back in it, but IB says the Rangers have caved in and added MDZ. We will see how that plays out.

teegale 02-26-2012 09:39 PM

All I'm hoping is that we don't go all in. Regardless of the goalie situation I don't think this team has what it takes to win the cup. I also think that any move we're going to make at the deadline is going to cost us way more than we should be giving up. We need to accept the season for what it is, and make our moves in the off season where we'll get much better value.

DeflatedFootball7 02-26-2012 09:41 PM

If it was Pavelec I might actually be interested. Screw Nash. Brown and Ott are a maybe imo.

dbr2 02-26-2012 09:43 PM

No way do the Jets trade him.

Snipsnap12 02-26-2012 10:00 PM

5.7 million dollar backup? :facepalm:

Watching CBC after hours I was listening to Glenn Healy and I actually have to agree with him. He said if flyers could get even solid goaltending he thinks they would be best team in the east, and would no doubt compete for a cup.

We have had to outscore our goalie in almost every game this season, it is tough enough to win in this league alone, but when your goalie is giving up 2, 3 soft/gimme goals a night and you still find ways to win you have a legitimate offense.

I have no doubt we could hang with anyone in 7 games with a goalie that stops what he should, and makes an occasional rob, the thing that scares me is we already went out and got a supposed elite goalie... what if we trade for another and he crumbles as well?

dbr2 02-26-2012 10:02 PM

If we get Bryz's contract to disappear I don't care.

Jtown 02-26-2012 10:02 PM

I think the flyers are going to make their bed with this current roster. I have no problems with that. The current team has room to improve and there is nothing we can really acquire that is going to improve our chances immensely.

Will be interesting to be drafting in the first round again. Back to Back years infact

dbr2 02-26-2012 10:04 PM

What is this draft shaping up to be? Deep or weak? I have no idea.

King Forsberg 02-26-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 45017827)

Will be interesting to be drafting in the first round again. Back to Back years infact

Deadline isn't over yet. Don't jinx us.

Jtown 02-26-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 45017897)

Neither does anyone else. Those things aren't known until years after.

turkinaa 02-26-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 45017897)

I *thought* it was supposed to be a deep draft this year, but I could be mistaken.

I don't think anything will happen prior to the deadline. Offseason, yes.

orange is better 02-26-2012 10:09 PM

Trade bob for picks

Trade Jvr (+?) for Schneider.

Schneider can grow with our young core, and snider can save up the money to buyout Bryz, or we can hope for an amnesty clause.

sa cyred 02-26-2012 10:11 PM

The draft has been iffy. Some say its not as deep, some say its average, and other still say its almost 2003 level. There are some good defenders that could turn out to be solid top 4. Hope we keep our first also.

dbr2 02-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 45018319)
The draft has been iffy. Some say its not as deep, some say its average, and other still say its almost 2003 level. There are some good defenders that could turn out to be solid top 4. Hope we keep our first also.

We aren't the best for developing defensemen.

PJStock* 02-26-2012 10:16 PM

To CBJ:

Bryzgalov
JVR
Carle

To PHI:

Corey Schneider
Van 1st round pick

To VAN:

Rick Nash

orange is better 02-26-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 45018455)

Yep. I'd love to trade up and draft a more NHL ready defenseman that wouldn't need any ahl time, or a guy whod be able To make the jump to the nhl after another season in junior. Maybe someone like griffin reinhart.

Damaged Goods 02-26-2012 10:19 PM

Homer already made his moves. I don't see them trading for anything more than a 4th liner or a spare part.

As for the goalies, they can't give up on Bryz before the playoffs even start.

orange is better 02-26-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJStock (Post 45018647)
To CBJ:

Bryzgalov
JVR
Carle

To PHI:

Corey Schneider
Van 1st round pick

To VAN:

Rick Nash

Why would the blue jackets gave up Nash for Jvr Carle and Bryzgalov?

Why would they help us out like that? Taking our worst contract and a ufa, and an underperforming young forward and sending out their franchise corner stone so we can get one of the best young goalies in the game and a 1st round pick.

Flyerfan4life 02-26-2012 10:21 PM

i sure hope i wake up to read about Bryz being gone from this team by noon

dont even care how much we get bent over the barrel. just want this situation over

cant face years more of this garbage

dbr2 02-26-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damaged Goods (Post 45018815)
Homer already made his moves. I don't see them trading for anything more than a 4th liner or a spare part.

As for the goalies, they can't give up on Bryz before the playoffs even start.

So, we hope for lightning in a bottle?

sa cyred 02-26-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 45018455)

Eh, I'd take a chance. I last defender was Sbisa and he seems to be doing pretty well with the Ducks.

Damaged Goods 02-26-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 45018975)
So, we hope for lightning in a bottle?

A "return to form" could be another way of putting it.

Beef Invictus 02-26-2012 10:29 PM

Bryz's value is also extremely low with his contract and play level. We'd need to give up something else to make it worthwhile.

Jtown 02-26-2012 10:40 PM

We have made our bed with Bryz. We are just going to have to wait this out and hope he improves or hope there is an amnesty in the next cba.

A team that takes on Bryz's contract is going to ask for a piece that hurts. Like a simmonds, couturier or a schenn.

YuioIklo 02-26-2012 10:47 PM

TheFourthPeriod isn't the best source in the world... we can't trade Bob for a no1, we don't have the cap space for it. And we would have a 5,6M back up. This is senseless. The only way we could get a new no1 would be if Bryz is going the other way, but he has a NMC and few teams would take him.