HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Greetings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1119997)

UniverStalinGraduate* 02-27-2012 10:18 AM

Greetings

Hey guys, I'm a habs fan who doesn't post on here too much...can you provide some links or information on Poile's comments over the last while in regards to how much ownership has told him he can spend?

Thanks in advance.

Also, on Andrei Kostitsyn...pretty inconsistent but hits, has speed and size and a heck of a shot. If he gets some PP time in Nashveille I think you'll be quite impressed. Cheap price too.

Shea Weber 02-27-2012 10:34 AM

I believe he said that we will begin to spend to the cap. I think whether or not he meant the league cap or "internal cap" has been debated here.

utmfisher19 02-27-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 45045395)
Hey guys, I'm a habs fan who doesn't post on here too much...can you provide some links or information on Poile's comments over the last while in regards to how much ownership has told him he can spend?

Thanks in advance.

Also, on Andrei Kostitsyn...pretty inconsistent but hits, has speed and size and a heck of a shot. If he gets some PP time in Nashveille I think you'll be quite impressed. Cheap price too.

Trotz has publicly stated that the owners said that, 'We will be a cap team moving forward'.

Take it for what it is worth... Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

UniverStalinGraduate* 02-27-2012 08:36 PM

That's it guys?

Come on, help a fellow hockey fan out!

Top 6 Spaling 02-27-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 45126727)
That's it guys?

Come on, help a fellow hockey fan out!

We're telling you all we can, unfortunetly. Poile hasn't come out and said a number, just that we would be "closer to the cap". We all are confused...haha

kypredsfan 02-27-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utmfisher19 (Post 45047229)
Trotz has publicly stated that the owners said that, 'We will be a cap team moving forward'.

Take it for what it is worth... Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly. I heard one of the owners on the radio awhile back and he did say "money is not a problem". We've all heard Poile say we will be a cap team next year. Like the poster I'm quoting, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry we can't help you more.

UniverStalinGraduate* 02-27-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 45127335)
Exactly. I heard one of the owners on the radio awhile back and he did say "money is not a problem". We've all heard Poile say we will be a cap team next year. Like the poster I'm quoting, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry we can't help you more.

No worries guys. Really hoping that it becomes a reality, with the crowds they've been getting and the team they've compiled it would be a shame if Suter and Weber left now in successive years.

ThirdManIn 02-27-2012 09:22 PM

Unfortunately for those outside of Nashville, and much to the chagrin of Preds fans who try to convince others that the team is shedding its low-budget identity, most of the comments made on the issue have been spoken in interviews.

There is this:
Quote:

"That’s the conversation we’ve been having,” Poile told ESPN.com via phone Friday, a few hours before Suter broke his news. "Those days are past. We have new ownership in place. They’ve made a commitment to me and the players and both Ryan and Shea know that, because of the dollars they’re going to be getting and what we need to do to win that Cup, we’ll be spending what is necessary to contend."
from this article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ning-by-feb-27