HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Post-Deadline Poll: How'd Fletch Do? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1120669)

llamapalooza 02-27-2012 03:56 PM

Post-Deadline Poll: How'd Fletch Do?

IN:
Foster (UFA)
Veilleux (UFA)
Palmieri (RFA)
Gilbert (2 yrs to UFA)
Kampfer (1 yr to RFA)
WAS 2nd 2012
NJ Conditional 3rd 2013

OUT:
Schultz (2 yrs to UFA)
Zanon (UFA)
Zidlicky (1 yr to UFA)

Personally I'm very, very happy. I really think that moving Zids was addition by subtraction since he was really something of a Pariah. I also think moving Schultz was a smart move in terms of shaking up the locker room and showing the team that nobody's safe.

Mostly I really like that he made moves that will help in the future (Gilbert, Palmieri, 2nd, possibly Kampfer) while also adding some temporary NHL depth to push guys back down to Houston, and to make things a bit more interesting for the rest of the season.

Would've been nice to see Harding shipped for a pick but presumably there just wasn't a market.

Dee Oh Cee 02-27-2012 03:57 PM

I'm content. Wouldn't say overtly happy and I'm definitely not upset. I think he did fine for what teams were willing to offer for our pieces. That's why I hate speculating about the deadline because there's (most of the time) no way we will ever know what was being offered.

Avder 02-27-2012 03:58 PM

Wish we coulda gotten rid of Harding, but Fletch was just asking too much according to Ottawa.

Overall tho: very good. Very very gutsy move trading away Schultz.

TaLoN 02-27-2012 04:01 PM

The three guys I thought the Wild should ship out, Fletch shipped. Two for about what would be expected, and one a steal. Fletch did an outstanding job!

@Avder - gutsy...debatable...but needed!

thestonedkoala 02-27-2012 04:03 PM

Good deal with Zids. Bad deal with Schultz. Meh on Zanon.

Dr Jan Itor 02-27-2012 04:05 PM

4 for me, based almost entirely on the Zidlicky deal.

I liked what I saw from Palmieri (one game, I know) and getting the 2nd back was key.

Didn't get back what I expected for Zanon, but Kampfer is intriguing. Hope he stays healthy.

I'm not as excited as some about the Schultz move; I find it to be very lateral. Got slightly better in one area, got slightly worse in another.

Jarick 02-27-2012 04:05 PM

I'm at like a 4.5.

Zidlicky trade was awesome. Kill the cancer and bring in a nice prospect, high 2nd, and two good locker room NHL'ers.

Schultz trade was decent. Gilbert fills a need and should hopefully fit the system better. Losing Schultz is something Fletch will have to address in the offseason. I don't think Schultz was all that great of a player though, not like a Burns or Johnsson. A top four shutdown guy, a real one, not a stopgap like Schultz, will be an improvement.

Zanon for Kampfer? Win-win. Take a chance on the kid because Zanon was dreadful and gone anyway.

Keeping Harding is the only downside. Even a 3rd would have been better than nothing.

W75 02-27-2012 04:13 PM

He's certainly doing things and tries hard. It's not like he hopes good things to happen when you just sit on your *** and keep fingers crossed long enough.

He has shown some guts. 4 it is.

Northland Wild Man 02-27-2012 04:17 PM

I like the moves Fletch made before the deadline. He got decent returns for some of the players that were likely not part of the future. That being said this offseason will be a big one in terms of acquiring talent for the organization. The Wild will have plenty of money to throw at whoever they want. Fletcher has done very well this year in terms of acquiring talent and cleaning up the mess that was left.

TaLoN 02-27-2012 04:21 PM

Russo just tweeted that Fletcher may re-sign Harding, as Fletch said he may be part of the future.

Backstrom era coming closer to an end?

Caior89 02-27-2012 04:22 PM

Really liked his trades, Zidz, Zanon and even Schultz they really had to go and it's nice to see new players that should fit Yeo system. I'm ok with Harding staying, i think he is probably going to be re-signed.

With all this trades, anyone know how much cap space we got?

Dr Jan Itor 02-27-2012 04:24 PM

$20.5 million, if the cap stays the same.

We've got some room to maneuver.

Dr Jan Itor 02-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaLoN (Post 45100973)
Russo just tweeted that Fletcher may re-sign Harding, as Fletch said he may be part of the future.

Depends.

1 year deal... maybe, maybe not

2-3 year deal... probably

Avder 02-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Move Backs in the offseason with a Harding/Hackett tandem next year?

That idea has potential, but Harding's play and injury history would make me really, really nervous.

llamapalooza 02-27-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 45101553)

That idea has potential, but Harding's play and injury history would make me really, really nervous.

Well, the Backstrom trade rumors stopped for a solid 1 hour, 21 minutes. Longer than I was expecting. :laugh:

usernam* 02-27-2012 04:29 PM

I'm interested on why josephwild123 is lining up the firing squad.

Dr Jan Itor 02-27-2012 04:29 PM

It would be interesting to see Harding's play when he knows the job is his to lose.

nickschultzfan 02-27-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 45101553)

Jesus, if we moved Backstrom, we could bring in two +6 million/year forwards and a +6 million/year Dman.

vitogor 02-27-2012 04:31 PM

1. For a disgruntled meh d-man who will not shoot we got a meh d-man who will shoot. Not to mention a prospect, a 2nd, and a fan favorite energy guy. Great!

2. For 2 meh pylons who can't even chip it off the glass properly we got 2 meh PMD's. We lost a bunch of leadership and character, but addressed one of our biggest needs - somebody who can move the ****ing puck out of our zone!!

3. Staubitz gone - good riddance. Great timing to put him on re-entry.

4. Harding is still here, that's a negative.

Overall, I think Fletch did very well. I would've liked a couple more picks instead of Palmieri and Kampfer, but I'm not gonna sit here and harp on it (unlike some people, they know who they are)

Avder 02-27-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 45101999)
Well, the Backstrom trade rumors stopped for a solid 1 hour, 21 minutes. Longer than I was expecting. :laugh:

Well what the hell else are we gonna do if we re-sign Harding? Make Hackett spend another year in the AHL? What the hell good is that gonna do the kid? It's time to bring him up as the backup and let Kuemper or someone take over the starting job down there so they can develop into Hackett's eventual backup.

usernam* 02-27-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitogor (Post 45102329)

Overall, I think Fletch did very well. I would've liked a couple more picks instead of Palmieri and Kampfer, but I'm not gonna sit here and harp on it (unlike some people, they know who they are)

I'm actually very happy with the additions of Palmieri and Kampfer. Palmieri has shown he has skill. He's just young and needs to develop more. Same with Kampfer. Bruins fans were in love with him last year. He was on their untouchables list. Then he got injured. He seems like one of those guys who just needs a change of scenery. He'll be good for us some day.

bozak911 02-27-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan (Post 45102201)
Jesus, if we moved Backstrom, we could bring in two +6 million/year forwards and a +6 million/year Dman.

Or one 7.5 million forward and one 7 million d-man...

Wait... We could do that without moving Bax... :)

thestonedkoala 02-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

I'm guessing this is part of the inevitable backlash of losing someone like Schultz does. It is a major chemistry and roster change and you don't want to tip the boat too much. Bringing Harding back, who has been a stand up guy and probably a great locker room presence will help even it out.

Dampland 02-27-2012 04:42 PM

Fine with Zids trade

More negative than positive on Schultz trade

Really wanted draft picks for Zanon, and not impressed with this Kamper guy, looks like AHL material only

usernam* 02-27-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 45103587)
Fine with Zids trade

More negative than positive on Schultz trade

Really wanted draft picks for Zanon, and not impressed with this Kamper guy, looks like AHL material only

Love the Zids trade.

Can someone please explain why there's more negative than positive in the Schultz deal?

Kampfer got injured and hasn't yet made a full recovery. Did you see him before he got injured? I have no doubt he'll be better than Zanon.