HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Who is going to be our 2nd line center next season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1121237)

ndgt10 02-27-2012 11:13 PM

Who is going to be our 2nd line center next season?

Please don't tell me Kruger.

Crazy_Ike 02-27-2012 11:13 PM

Saad!

Saad will solve everything. Even our goaltending issues.

Cullksinikers 02-27-2012 11:16 PM

Jokinen? Roy? Grabovski?

Cullksinikers 02-27-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike (Post 45144267)
Saad!

Saad will solve everything. Even our goaltending issues.

Even though the kid will be a sick left winger, every forward in this organization has the expectation of having the capability to play center.

TweetyLeaf 02-27-2012 11:25 PM

Kruger.

I have no delusions wishes that Bowman would actually adress this particular need.
Q seems fine with Kruger. Fanbase not so much.
The UFA market is not there or do you want to see Arnott, S.Koivu or Konopka :sarcasm: in the second line as a quickfix ?

Bowman didnt adress the need now why should he do it next year or in summers draft?

MagicSlap* 02-27-2012 11:31 PM

Honestly, Pirri or McNeil should be but I think we Kruger again even though he's shown that he can't play 2C. If Kruger is slotted into our second line again next year we can again give up on the year.

CS85 02-27-2012 11:32 PM

I'm not going to speculate until free agency. I think we need, NEED to do better than Kruger.

holla9 02-27-2012 11:33 PM

I think sharp has wrist surgery this summer and becomes out permanant number 2 C next year and the hawks pic up 2 monster wingers to play with tk and sh....:nod:

our charmin soft core is sick of getting there teeth kicked in every night

TweetyLeaf 02-28-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS85 (Post 45145541)
I'm not going to speculate until free agency. I think we need, NEED to do better than Kruger.

What Free Agency ? Are you seriously thinking we actually land a 2nd line Center on a market that dont have 2nd line centers available ?

CS85 02-28-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 45146889)
What Free Agency ? Are you seriously thinking we actually land a 2nd line Center on a market that dont have 2nd line centers available ?

So you're saying there won't be any good centers that are better than Kruger available in free agency?

There are a lot of centers out there, and a solid majority of them are better than Marcus Kruger. I think the Blackhawks can find SOMEONE, unless we're living in your world of endless despair.

Blackhawkswincup 02-28-2012 12:09 AM

Hossa

TweetyLeaf 02-28-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS85 (Post 45147079)
So you're saying there won't be any good centers that are better than Kruger available in free agency?

There are a lot of centers out there, and a solid majority of them are better than Marcus Kruger. I think the Blackhawks can find SOMEONE, unless we're living in your world of endless despair.

I dont think there will be anyone. Arnott and Koivu if they even go to FA are propably not interested moving to CHI.

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...F&fa_type_id=2

Theres the forward ufa's for you. You can look for yourself.

There will be no more sellers in the draft or in the start of the season than there is now.

Sir Psycho T 02-28-2012 12:24 AM

The needs for the Hawks are the same.

1) A 2nd line center

2) A top 4 defensive Dman (hopefully with some size and grit)

3) A #1 goalie

4) Some size and grit on this team.

These are what this teams needs to win the Cup again. If Stan addresses the top 3 especially this team will be very dangerous. If not this team will be a middle of the road play-off team that is only dangerous of winning a round or so but nothing more.

TweetyLeaf 02-28-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 45147881)
The needs for the Hawks are the same.

1) A 2nd line center

2) A top 4 defensive Dman (hopefully with some size and grit)

3) A #1 goalie

4) Some size and grit on this team.

These are what this teams needs to win the Cup again. If Stan addresses the top 3 especially this team will be very dangerous. If not this team will be a middle of the road play-off team that is only dangerous of winning a round or so but nothing more.

Havent those been the needs after the Summer of Death ?
You really expect he will address the needs after 2 years ?

Sir Psycho T 02-28-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 45148233)

I didn't say expect, but I am giving him one more year to address them, if not then I want him gone for someone who will.

Bubba88 02-28-2012 12:53 AM

Bowman will go with Krüger again

he needs to sign a depth Center this year for the 4th Line. Pahlsson would be perfect and he could teach Krüger/Pirri. Hell, I'd even consider Madden back just for the veteran presence as #13 forward

Sir Psycho T 02-28-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 45149051)

he needs to sign a depth Center this year for the 4th Line. Pahlsson would be perfect and he could teach Krüger/Pirri. Hell, I'd even consider Madden back just for the veteran presence as #13 forward

Then Bowman needs to go, 20 points from your 2nd line C is a disgrace and no team will EVER! win a Cup with that little production.

Sarava 02-28-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 45149051)

let's hope not

UsernameWasTaken 02-28-2012 01:14 AM

Obviously Kane is no response to the centre problem - but does anyone have his FO % compared to Sharp?

Piffle 02-28-2012 01:19 AM

I can't imagine McNeill will be ready (I hope I am wrong), so the only internal option that makes sense is Pirri, if for some reason we can't get a better option FA. He is doing very well offensively in the AHL. I thought he was doing a lot of things right in his very brief callup, and was good enough defensively (Hossa and Sharp can help out on that end). We are light on playmakers with the big club, and light on playmaker prospects. I think he is pretty much the only one.

I must be missing something. Very confused as to why he isn't up playing between Hossa and Sharp right now.

MagicSlap* 02-28-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 45149621)
Obviously Kane is no response to the centre problem - but does anyone have his FO % compared to Sharp?

Kane 43%, Sharp 50%

Sir Psycho T 02-28-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 45149621)

Sharp 50.5 FO%
Kane 43.4 FO%

Sir Psycho T 02-28-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffle (Post 45149761)
I can't imagine McNeill will be ready (I hope I am wrong), so the only internal option that makes sense is Pirri, if for some reason we can't get a better option FA. He is doing very well offensively in the AHL. I thought he was doing a lot of things right in his very brief callup, and was good enough defensively (Hossa and Sharp can help out on that end). We are light on playmakers with the big club, and light on playmaker prospects. I think he is pretty much the only one.

I must be missing something. Very confused as to why he isn't up playing between Hossa and Sharp right now.

Because he isn't the answer, I don't want Kruger 2.0 as out 2nd line center. Pirri is a nice player but not a 50-60 point defensively responsible center.

DL44 02-28-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 45148233)

This reminds of the plight of the Flames looking for a 1st line center for Iginla since 2005...

So at least know it could be worse.

EmeticDonut 02-28-2012 02:44 AM

Obviously we've already seen what Krüger can ever bring to the team as a 21-year old playing in his first NHL season. He's hit his ceiling and will never develop to anything more.