HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jarome Iginla & Miikka Kiprusroff (at the NHL Entry Draft) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1121329)

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 02:58 AM

Jarome Iginla & Miikka Kiprusroff (at the NHL Entry Draft)

If the Flames miss the playoffs this spring I have a feeling they will trade off one or both of Jarome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff. I have no sources other than this nagging gut feeling.

What would each of them be worth at the NHL Entry Draft?

What teams might be interested?

palindrom 02-28-2012 03:06 AM

i dont think the draft is a good timing for Miikka Kiprusoff

Teams will probably wait for free agency to sign a UFA goalie: Nabokov, Harding, Montoya, Vokoun, Huet. Then take a look at their other option.

Based on Vokoun and Nabokov value in the last 2 summer, Kiprusoff value next summer should be close to zero. If he was younger or on a lesser contract, you could expect more.

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 45150793)
i dont think the draft is a good timing for Miikka Kiprusoff

Teams will probably wait for free agency to sign a UFA goalie: Nabokov, Harding, Montoya, Vokoun, Huet. Then take a look at their other option.

Based on Vokoun and Nabokov value in the last 2 summer, Kiprusoff value next summer should be close to zero. If he was younger or on a lesser contract, you could expect more.

I think it could be the opposite. Kiprusoff's NTC expires after this season (so maybe July would be a better time to deal him), but a city that is a less desirable UFA location could be interested, or a team that feels they will be a cup (or playoff) contender over the next 2 years and like that they would only have to pay Kiprusoff a total of $6.5 million (even though his cap hit is $5,833,333)

I also very much doubt Huet or Montoya gets a serious look before Kipper.

FakeKidPoker* 02-28-2012 05:48 AM

Not much for Iginla.

1st rounder.. or a solid prospect..

Iginla isn't enough to start the rebuild... don't know how much a 7 million 2nd liner would get.. at this point not even sure if it is worth it to trade him..might as well re-sign him and go out as a career Flame

palindrom 02-28-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Rare (Post 45151297)
I think it could be the opposite. Kiprusoff's NTC expires after this season (so maybe July would be a better time to deal him), but a city that is a less desirable UFA location could be interested, or a team that feels they will be a cup (or playoff) contender over the next 2 years and like that they would only have to pay Kiprusoff a total of $6.5 million (even though his cap hit is $5,833,333)

I also very much doubt Huet or Montoya gets a serious look before Kipper.

I forget the salary of Kiprusoff will be inforior to his cap hits

it effectively change thing for team not close to the cap...3.25m$ per year for Kiprusoff is an interresting proposaition..way more than 5.8 M$

Gary83* 02-28-2012 07:11 AM

It might make a team like Florida interested, if Theodore isn't getting the job done and Markstrom isn't ready to take the starter job.

Panthers are Red 02-28-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary83 (Post 45153139)
It might make a team like Florida interested, if Theodore isn't getting the job done and Markstrom isn't ready to take the starter job.

I was thinking that they could both be interesting for Florida.

Iginla would be an excellent person to have on a line with Huberdeau. Although with a salary of $7m there would need to be some going back to Calgary.

Kiprusoff does depend on how Markstrom does the rest of the season, he does seem to be NHL ready but has had a couple of injuries this year and last that have been costing him vital game time and experience in the AHL. A move for him is very unlikely.

Pyromaniac3 02-28-2012 07:33 AM

Iginla will get 2 1st round picks and B-level prospect or A-level prospect with a 1st pick.

Kiprusroff will get A-level Prospect or 1st rounder in the 5-15th range.

palindrom 02-28-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary83 (Post 45153139)

Last time i checked Theodore is doing the job done!

Kiprusoff to Florida doesn't make sense before 2013-2014

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker (Post 45152461)
Not much for Iginla.

1st rounder.. or a solid prospect..

Iginla isn't enough to start the rebuild... don't know how much a 7 million 2nd liner would get.. at this point not even sure if it is worth it to trade him..might as well re-sign him and go out as a career Flame

you really need a new schtick, its getting old. time to go back under your bridge

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers are Red (Post 45153293)
I was thinking that they could both be interesting for Florida.

Iginla would be an excellent person to have on a line with Huberdeau. Although with a salary of $7m there would need to be some going back to Calgary.

Kiprusoff does depend on how Markstrom does the rest of the season, he does seem to be NHL ready but has had a couple of injuries this year and last that have been costing him vital game time and experience in the AHL. A move for him is very unlikely.

but is Florida willing to part with what it will take? it would cost enough (in terms of assets) for Iginla, nevermind both.

Mike Jones 02-28-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 (Post 45153413)
Iginla will get 2 1st round picks and B-level prospect or A-level prospect with a 1st pick.

A little high for Kipper but not by much.

As time marches on I think these prices will have to drop. The time to start a rebuild with these two was last year. The Flames are floundering and have no killer instinct left - which has been the case for the past couple of years.

I don't know why ownership has waited but anyway, drop the prices down about a notch and you have roughly what they're worth.

Probably a low 1st for Kipper and at least one 1st and prospect for Iggy. Although with Iggy you'd probably want a roster player in there too just to hold the fort until the picks and prospects mature.

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones (Post 45154361)
A little high for Kipper but not by much.

As time marches on I think these prices will have to drop. The time to start a rebuild with these two was last year. The Flames are floundering and have no killer instinct left - which has been the case for the past couple of years.

I don't know why ownership has waited but anyway, drop the prices down about a notch and you have roughly what they're worth.

Probably a low 1st for Kipper and at least one 1st and prospect for Iggy. Although with Iggy you'd probably want a roster player in there too just to hold the fort until the picks and prospects mature.

depends who the prospect is. if markstrom and huberdeau are off the table its going to increase the number of pics because the prospects won't be as strong

MikeK 02-28-2012 08:39 AM

I don't know why this is even a discussion. Calgary should be looking to move any and all of their players. They are no where near what it takes to compete in the NHL and sadly have one of the thinnest prospect pools in the league. Darryl Sutter destroyed the Flames future by trading away too many high picks and not bringing anything back of value and he basically gave Dion Phaneuf away for a bunch if plugs. I hope the team wakes up and tries to capitalize on some of their assets before it's too late.

TOGuy14 02-28-2012 08:47 AM

If one gets moved they both will.

No point in having just one around, team would suck anyway so may as well get assets for them.

Medium Rare* 02-28-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 45154537)
I don't know why this is even a discussion. Calgary should be looking to move any and all of their players. They are no where near what it takes to compete in the NHL and sadly have one of the thinnest prospect pools in the league. Darryl Sutter destroyed the Flames future by trading away too many high picks and not bringing anything back of value and he basically gave Dion Phaneuf away for a bunch if plugs. I hope the team wakes up and tries to capitalize on some of their assets before it's too late.

there is 100 other threads where peopel are ******** on the flames and running there mouths about the team without knowing a thing about what they are talking about, lets not turn this into another one of those threads. this is about the value of these 2 players, not the state of the calgary flames

Roof Daddy 02-28-2012 09:12 AM

Well, if its at the draft I'll say Philly will be a team targeting Iggy. JVR+1st sounds about right. As for Kipper, I'll say to CHI for Crawford, 1st, Beach.

PenguinTommy 02-28-2012 09:23 AM

As a Pens fan I hope Shero will ask about Iggy if he's available obviously.

Maybe he won't score 40 goals per season anymore, but he's still great player. He would be perfect fit for us, RH RW, would upgrade PP even more.

Plus, we would have the same impact in the locker room as Billy Guerin had when we won the Cup.

If there's place for his 7M and Shero is willing to give the right price, I would LOVE to see Iggy in Pens uniform !

madmike77 02-28-2012 09:23 AM

Based on his play this year Kiprusoff would likely get them something decent - I'd say a 1st and maybe a prospect.

I actually think Iginla has less value at this point. He makes too much money and doesn't contribute as much as he used to. He still puts up points, but I think that's by default - the Flames are so talent-poor that Iginla still gets the choice point-producing opportunities.

That said, I really don't see either one being traded. I mean next year could be the year the Flames make the playoffs and repeat their 2004 run. For real.....

EastCoastNiner 02-28-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 (Post 45153413)

Flames fans are so out of touch with reality. Iginla is not fetching two 1st round picks and a B-level prospect, period. It seems as he gets old, Flames fans think he becomes worth more and more. The most out of touch fans with reality there are.

Mike Jones 02-28-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medium Rare (Post 45154453)
depends who the prospect is. if markstrom and huberdeau are off the table its going to increase the number of pics because the prospects won't be as strong

True.

GuineaPig 02-28-2012 09:45 AM

Barring a late collapse, Kiprusoff will be a lot more valuable at this Draft than at the previous one.

Mike Jones 02-28-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 45154537)

It's easy to blame the Sutters (Having Darryl as a GM was definitely a double-edged sword) but we shouldn't forget that Feaster has had his chance to begin the rebuild too and has failed to do that. Feaster has been there long enough that he should also be shouldering his fair share of the blame for what is happening now.

But to stay on topic, it will be interesting to see what Feaster can get for Iggy and/or Kipper.

I'm wondering if Kipper will even accept a trade as he's at a stage in his career where he can simply go back to Europe and get on with his life.

madmike77 02-28-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones (Post 45156509)
It's easy to blame the Sutters (Having Darryl as a GM was definitely a double-edged sword) but we shouldn't forget that Feaster has had his chance to begin the rebuild too and has failed to do that. Feaster has been there long enough that he should also be shouldering his fair share of the blame for what is happening now.

But to stay on topic, it will be interesting to see what Feaster can get for Iggy and/or Kipper.

I'm wondering if Kipper will even accept a trade as he's at a stage in his career where he can simply go back to Europe and get on with his life.

I'm beginning to think it's more an ownership/president issue than it is an issue with the GM. Feaster got the job because he committed to winning now - which would indicate that's what ownership/Ken King wanted to hear.

Mike Jones 02-28-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmike77 (Post 45156701)
I'm beginning to think it's more an ownership/president issue than it is an issue with the GM. Feaster got the job because he committed to winning now - which would indicate that's what ownership/Ken King wanted to hear.

So I guess the question becomes: Is Feaster the guy to make the trades involving players like Iggy and Kipper. Is he capable of getting the return they have to in order to set the ship back on course. Can he bring in the prospects and picks?

I'm beginning to think that moves like the ones suggested above won't happen until we have an ownership change in Calgary.

And if it is business as usual the question becomes, which players out there can Iggy and Kipper trades bring in?