HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Next call up??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1121411)

howztheglass 02-28-2012 08:25 AM

Next call up???

If you had your choice who gets the next call for the 13th/14th forward(if you want to say that Scott is the 13th forward).

I would perfer,

Wellman over Zucco.

I think Wellman perfect spare forward having already played in the NHL in this year(know's what it takes--plus played in a defensive system in MIINY)and he seems to be a player that Torts could trust giving limited minutes on the 4th line.
Zucco maybe will provide more offense(big maybe)but I don't think he would be good playing on either the 3rd or 4th line.

Anyone else--A.Thuresson--maybe.
A.Deveaux or Newbury--please we've been there beofre.

Dagoon44 02-28-2012 10:14 AM

[QUOTE
A.Deveaux or Newbury--please we've been there beofre.[/QUOTE]

Deveaux did a fine job and played his role perfect other then his dumb elbow.. Why do u make it sound like he sucked?

Gardner McKay 02-28-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 45160043)
[QUOTE

Deveaux did a fine job and played his role perfect other then his dumb elbow.. Why do u make it sound like he sucked?[/QUOTE]

I am happy Deveaux took the dumb elbow. I dunno if Hagelin would have been called up otherwise.

Swept In Seven 02-28-2012 10:22 AM

If there is another call up, I would go with Zucc

GAGLine 02-28-2012 10:25 AM

I'd give Zucc another shot. He has skill this team lacks and we have enough big bodies and grinders to shelter him on the bottom lines. He's going to be RFA next year and both he and the Rangers will need to make decisions on his future. I say give him one more chance to earn a spot. If it doesn't work out, so be it.

Brendan Shanahan 02-28-2012 10:26 AM

I really like Wellman. He fits this system really well and can probably score 30-40 points for us if he plays a full season next year.

McSauer 02-28-2012 10:33 AM

Erixon!

NYR Viper 02-28-2012 10:34 AM

I thought Bickel did a fine job as a 12th forward......

nyrleetch 02-28-2012 10:36 AM

Zuccarello.

howztheglass 02-28-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

[QUOTE

Deveaux did a fine job and played his role perfect other then his dumb elbow.. Why do u make it sound like he sucked?[/QUOTE]

Not saying he sucked but he handled his role that was giving to him aka tough Guy not a scoring treat like I believe Wellman or Zucco could be with that said he is scoring a ton in CT

NYRFAN218 02-28-2012 11:43 AM

Depends who gets hurt. If it's a top 6 forward, I'd want Zuc up for the offense. If it's a guy like Rupp or Prust, I'd consider calling up Deveaux.

Stugots 02-28-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 45165143)
Depends who gets hurt. If it's a top 6 forward, I'd want Zuc up for the offense. If it's a guy like Rupp or Prust, I'd consider calling up Deveaux.

Even if it is Prust, I'd want Zucc up here playing on the 3rd line with Boyle and Dubi- maybe that line could finally drum up some offense.

Staals Eye 02-28-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Deveaux did a fine job and played his role perfect other then his dumb elbow.. Why do u make it sound like he sucked?

I agree Dagoon, I thought Deveaux did a fine job. He would be my call up if we lost a bottom 6 player. MZA if it's a top 6 injury.

Edit: Can Deveaux even be recalled with out having to serve his suspension? Or did he serve his suspension before being sent down?

Jarkko Immonen 02-28-2012 12:03 PM

None of those guys are going to be a spare forward. They'll play in Hartford or they'll play in New York. Anyways I think you give MZA one last shot. Wellman is my second choice, he has looked good so far with the Whale.

Hellion 02-28-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy (Post 45166233)
Can Deveaux even be recalled with out having to serve his suspension? Or did he serve his suspension before being sent down?

It wasnt served i think

CM PUNK 02-28-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 45165143)

very true...but even if it is a top 6 guy, I think the 1st move would be to move dubi up into the top 6 and then move up 1 of rupp, feds or mitchell to play with boyle and prust with bickel or scott going in on the 4th line.

would probably need multiple injuries before having to worry about a call up

CM PUNK 02-28-2012 12:30 PM

devereau served his suspension...he was suspended 3 games and sat the 3 games against washington, philly and pitt right after thanksgiving before being sent down on 12/1.

KreiMeARiver 02-28-2012 12:30 PM

How does Torts not ask for a guy with the initials J.A.M?

hahaha

Hellion 02-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM PUNK (Post 45167855)
devereau served his suspension...he was suspended 3 games and sat the 3 games against washington, philly and pitt right after thanksgiving before being sent down on 12/1.

Oh, i thought he was sent down the same night as the elbow?
My bad :)

Norwegian 02-28-2012 12:54 PM

Whale win today. 2-1 after shoot-out. Zuccarello tied it with 50sek left of the first period, assists Newbury and Vernace (point in his debut) In the Shootout Zucca and Newbury scores, Johnson saves 4 out of 5. And the Whale have ther 6st stright homewin.

I would call up Zucca, Newbury, Wellmann, Deveaux.(Jam cant be called up,right?) In that order, thats based on me watching the games on my little computer.Zucca,Newbury and Deveaux dominates the AHL

CM PUNK 02-28-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightide85 (Post 45167887)
How does Torts not ask for a guy with the initials J.A.M?

hahaha

we'd have to sign him first

quentez 02-28-2012 01:00 PM

Now that Dubi is a 3rd liner Zucca could easily be fitted in there. They showed some chemistry last season.

bernmeister 02-28-2012 01:03 PM

Good thread topic. :handclap:

I also say Wellman over Zucco. MZA has no foot speed to get separation. He's too small to prevail. Only possible scoring MAYBE is shoot out.

Assuming Erixon getting more minutes down at Whale and we agree not yet for Sauer minutes (which I consider open to discussion), as and for a forward,

I prefer, ahead of JAM, who I understand is also smallish, giving St. Croix if available or Bourque -- think he's available --- a shot.

St. Croix has scoring touch.
It's not clear he's got enough else right now. But for 4th line a cup of coffee couldn't hurt.

Obviously, Bourque doesn't have most of Hagelin's ability but does have most of Hagelin's speed. He goes to 4th line and everybody else moves up one. He's smallish too but until he gets run over by somebody, he'd be productive addition, methinks. Not saying he'll execute shots and score, but see set up of scoring chances, and more part of solution than problem.

Can we also think about Yogan?
And if a grinder/fighter goes down, then as a specific replacement McNaught?

Thuresson, Deveaux or Newbury -- not impressed, ditto, and really not impressed.

Greg02 02-28-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM PUNK (Post 45169501)
we'd have to sign him first

If we were to sign him and call him up, would he be eligible to play in the playoffs?

GAGLine 02-28-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 45169671)
Good thread topic. :handclap:

I also say Wellman over Zucco. MZA has no foot speed to get separation. He's too small to prevail. Only possible scoring MAYBE is shoot out.

Assuming Erixon getting more minutes down at Whale and we agree not yet for Sauer minutes (which I consider open to discussion), as and for a forward,

I prefer, ahead of JAM, who I understand is also smallish, giving St. Croix if available or Bourque -- think he's available --- a shot.

St. Croix has scoring touch.
It's not clear he's got enough else right now. But for 4th line a cup of coffee couldn't hurt.

Obviously, Bourque doesn't have most of Hagelin's ability but does have most of Hagelin's speed. He goes to 4th line and everybody else moves up one. He's smallish too but until he gets run over by somebody, he'd be productive addition, methinks. Not saying he'll execute shots and score, but see set up of scoring chances, and more part of solution than problem.

Can we also think about Yogan?
And if a grinder/fighter goes down, then as a specific replacement McNaught?

Thuresson, Deveaux or Newbury -- not impressed, ditto, and really not impressed.

Sigh.

Why is it that every time you discuss our prospects, you completely ignore things like whether or not the player is under contract, what level the player is playing at and how he is performing at that level?

JAM is on an AHL contract. He isn't going to play for the Rangers this year. St. Croix and Yogan are playing in juniors and are not under contract. The Rangers aren't going to pull them out of juniors, sign them and stick them in the NHL. Bourque is struggling in the AHL. He isn't ready for the NHL.

Oh, and another thing you didn't consider. We are at 49 contracts. Based on what Botta tweeted, that last contract may be saved for Kreider. So that's even more reason they wouldn't sign a player out of juniors and bring him up.

Just knowing their names isn't enough. Do some research before you post this stuff if you want to be taken seriously.