HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Favorite Players Who Play(ed) On Our Division Rivals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1121485)

Swept In Seven 02-28-2012 11:21 AM

Favorite Players Who Play(ed) On Our Division Rivals

I was just thinking about this. It could be in the past or right now, but who is your favorite players within the division?

For me it would be

Islanders:
Ziggy Palffy. For some reason I always liked the guy. :yo:

Devils:
Petr Sykora. Love the way he plays and loved when he played for us a couple of years back. He used to be one hell of a player

Penguins:
Jagr/Lemieux. I hated to see them play against the Rangers, but anytime else it was a treat. 2 of the greatest of all time. When Jagr scored in OT in Gretzky's last game I cried a little bit (give me a break I was like 8 :laugh:)

Flyers:
Wayne Simmonds. I had to think on this one because I hate the Flyers with a passion but Simmonds is just a good hard working player. Would have loved to nab him from the Kings before he went in the Schenn deal.

BONUS ROUND

The player you most despise(d)

Islanders:
Mike Peca. Total PoS

Devils:
Marty Brodeur. **** off Fatso

Penguins:
Crosby. Dude is soft as charmin and constantly complaining

Flyers:
Where to start?:laugh:

Poozer 02-28-2012 11:29 AM

Isles: Pierre Turgeon, he's the first hockey player I ever remember watching play... in the 92-93 playoff series against Montreal (I remember Patrick Roy too, and being confused why it wasn't pronounced with an R).

Penguins: Lemieux, Jagr

Flyers: John LeClair

Devils: Ken Daneyko, was always a fan of his.

Brendan Shanahan 02-28-2012 11:30 AM

Islanders: Nielsen-- Class act and a player I would love on this team.

Devils: Parise-- Scores and they aren't always pretty. Works very hard.

Penguins: Staal-- Probably one of the most talented players in the league. He's been overshadowed for too long.

Flyers: Hartnell-- Plays the way a hockey player should play. Never understood why so many Rangers fans dislike him. He gets a long with most guys. **** he is even friends with Avery.

Gabotrick 02-28-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJBergy86 (Post 45160447)
I was just thinking about this. It could be in the past or right now, but who is your favorite players within the division?

For me it would be

Islanders:
Ziggy Palffy. For some reason I always liked the guy. :yo:

Devils:
Petr Sykora. Love the way he plays and loved when he played for us a couple of years back. He used to be one hell of a player

Penguins:
Jagr/Lemieux. I hated to see them play against the Rangers, but anytime else it was a treat. 2 of the greatest of all time. When Jagr scored in OT in Gretzky's last game I cried a little bit (give me a break I was like 8 :laugh:)

Flyers:
Wayne Simmonds. I had to think on this one because I hate the Flyers with a passion but Simmonds is just a good hard working player. Would have loved to nab him from the Kings before he went in the Schenn deal.

BONUS ROUND

Islanders:
Mike Peca. Total PoS

Devils:
Marty Brodeur. **** off Fatso

Penguins:
Crosby. Dude is soft as charmin and constantly complaining

Flyers:
Where to start?:laugh:

Islanders: I would say John Taveres, I just really like his work ethic.

Devils: don't really have one, but I would say Parise because he will become a Ranger next year :naughty:

Penguis: Lemieux/Malkin always thought loved Malkin even before this season, he's a torts type of player and Lemieux was just beautiful to watch, so natural at the game.

Flyers: Couture I always loved him as a prospect an was very upset when the Flyers got him.

Bonus:

Islanders: Streit always hated him.

Devils: Brodeur, Ellias, Clarkson, Kovalchuk all very cheap and annoying players that complain about everything.

Flyers: Hartnell and Simmonds, Hartnell is always a Jack*** and Simmonds is a total ***** always taking cheap shots only starts fights on smaller players and he scores the biggest jokes of goal half the time it just hits off his body without him knowing.

Penguins: Crosby and Cooke one is a cheating wimp the other one is their version of sean avery.

bogans 02-28-2012 11:39 AM

For me it would be

Islanders:
Patty LaFontaine, the guy was imipressive and I don't really remember him as a hated Isle.

Devils:
Scotty Neidermayer, always wished we would get him somehow.

Penguins:
Crosby, he may cry at times and act a puss, but his skill is beautiful to watch. He's not soft by any means, will take all the hits you throw at him, but he does run his mouth f'ing constantly.

Flyers:
Claude, kid is awesome to watch. Honorable mention to Rod the Bod, what a captain and leader, if it weren't Mess, he would be known as the best captain of the era in my opinion. Another Honorable Mention to Bernie Parent, guy always has five ****** and a boat with him everywhere he goes, RESPECT

BONUS ROUND

Islanders:
Trottier, inclduing his tenure as NYR coach. Hate that ****er.

Devils:
Tied between Uncle Daddy and Gomer. I hate that Mexican Alaskan more than anyone currently in the NHL and Slats will ALWAYS be given the benefit of the doubt in my mind for the trade he made getting him out of town. Uncle Daddy and his embarrassing flops at the lightest touch tarnish his image as a great goaltender so badly. I actually want to respect him and find it truly impossible.

Penguins:
Lemieux, I will never forgive him for beating my favorite NYR team of all time in 1991 and causing them to trade many of my favorite Rangers at the time including Amonte, Weight, Gartner, and Turcotte.

Flyers:
Lindros, Recchi, Clarke, Propp. Hate all the bullies, but especially these guys.

JaeTM 02-28-2012 11:56 AM

Islanders: I'm starting to like Tavares a lot. I've never really hated the Isles with the exception of a few(Chris Simon).

Penguins: Crosby and Letang.

Devils: Parise and Niedermeyer. I used to love Kovy when he was on the Thrashers but I've lost that lust when I really liked it since he's joined the Devils.

Flyers: None.

JeffMangum 02-28-2012 12:07 PM

Penguins: anyone who knows me knows the answer to this

Devils: Parise/Elias

Isles: Tavares/MacDonald

Flyers: Jagr/Couturier

Brendan Shanahan 02-28-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 45163073)
Penguins: anyone who knows me knows the answer to this

Devils: Parise/Elias

Isles: Tavares/MacDonald

Flyers: Jagr/Couturier

Letang?

EpicDing 02-28-2012 12:47 PM

Favorite:
Penguins - Malkin.
Devils - Kovalchuk.
Flyers - Simmonds and Bryzgalov.
Islanders - Tavares/Moulson.

Least Favorite:
Penguins - Crosby.
Devils - Brodeur.
Flyers - The rest.
Islanders - Streit. No clue why, but I just don't like him.

SML 02-28-2012 01:09 PM

Rick Tocchet. That guy was one heck of a player.

Stugots 02-28-2012 01:12 PM

Jagr

AdamBanks99 02-28-2012 01:23 PM

devils - parise
flyers - giroux
isles - tavares
pens - fleury

Giacomin 02-28-2012 01:31 PM

Most Despised- anyone who plays for the Islanders,Flyers,Penguins and Devils
Especially despise Dennis Potvin
Like- I have never liked a player in an opposing uniform. The closest I ever came was Phil Esposito when he was on the Bruins because he was such a tough player and I loved the way he played.

we want cup 02-28-2012 01:37 PM

I'm going to answer based on how I felt about the players when they played for the rival teams and ignore any time they may have spent with us.

Penguins: Nobody. **** that team and everyone who has ever played for them.

Devils: Parise, Niedermayer

Isles: Pierre Turgeon

Flyers: Pronger (one of my favorite players ever), Brind'Amour

Ave Maria 02-28-2012 01:40 PM

Pens- letang
Devils- parise
Isles- idk
Flyers - no one

bernmeister 02-28-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris6net (Post 45167911)
Most Despised- anyone who plays for the Islanders,Flyers,Penguins and Devils
Especially despise Dennis Potvin
Like- I have never liked a player in an opposing uniform. The closest I ever came was Phil Esposito when he was on the Bruins because he was such a tough player and I loved the way he played.

I'll get around to my list later.
With you a gazillion percent on Potvin.
But you're showing, IMO too much love for Espo. Too many goals in the slot because Orr fed him, did much less when he got here.
I still curse the day we sent Park + Ratelle for Espo + Vadnais..

Kane One 02-28-2012 02:24 PM

Currently, Hartnell. I love that guy.

Bob Richards 02-28-2012 03:49 PM

Islanders: John Tavares
Devils: Larsson, Henrique, John Madden, Cam Janssen
Penguins: Malkin, Flower
Flyers: Simmonds, Pronger, Gagne,

Bonus Round:
Islanders: Chris Simon, Yashin
Devils: Brodeur, Kovy
Penguins: Crosby
Flyers: Sestito, Hartnell, Giroux, Bryzgalov, it goes on really

dfine06 02-28-2012 03:51 PM

Isles - Tavares/Parenteu
Devils - Parise
Pengs - Malkin
Flyer - Simmonds/Giroux

nyr2k2 02-28-2012 03:59 PM

None. I seriously can't bring myself to root for anyone on one of our rivals. And in the case of stars that leave, like Chara or Jagr (Caps era), it doesn't change--I'm one of those people that root against the star players. :)

Radek27 02-28-2012 04:24 PM

Isles:
Tavares and Franz Nielsen

Debbies:
Mogilny and Elias

Flyers:
None-ever, I hated them all

Washington:
Ciccarelli, Semin, Ovy, and Kolzig

Pens:
Jagr, Kovalev, Tomas Sandstrom and Zubov

Poozer 02-28-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 45176155)
None. I seriously can't bring myself to root for anyone on one of our rivals. And in the case of stars that leave, like Chara or Jagr (Caps era), it doesn't change--I'm one of those people that root against the star players. :)

The only star player I can't root against (unless he's playing the Rangers) is Selanne.

mrhockey193195 02-28-2012 04:59 PM

Isles: Tavares, Comeau (even though he would always light up the Rangers, loved his work ethic), Peca

Devils: Parise

Flyers: Lindros, Leclair, Desjardins, Primeau

Penguins: Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Crosby, Malkin

Kane One 02-28-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 45176155)

I definitely root against them all, but I still like a few of them. Even rooting against them, you don't like them all as players?

Florida Ranger 02-28-2012 06:39 PM

Still love Jags. If the Flyers score, I hope it's because of him.