HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fan 590: Brian Burke on PTS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1121751)

ATG 02-28-2012 03:20 PM

Brian Burke on PTS
 
Burke will be on at 5:25

FlareKnight 02-28-2012 03:41 PM

Just had a press conference and right back to it. For a guy with so many issues with the Toronto media he sure chats with them often.

Do wonder what the point is though. Can't be that much that wasn't asked yesterday.

The Messenger 02-28-2012 03:44 PM

Maybe they asked and he is accommodating them. Say what you want about Burke but he does treat all the media outlets equally.

BudMaster17 02-28-2012 03:49 PM

What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On

JackJ 02-28-2012 03:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

PTS link -> http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/

NikolaiTesla* 02-28-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudMaster17 (Post 45179257)
What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On

It isn't like he is calling for these interviews to occur. He is showing up to demands, how can you be mad at a guy who doesn't hide in his office?

You guys just whine about absolutely nothing.

While your head is exploring your inner crevices, I hope you find those peanuts you ate last night.

bluebarry 02-28-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikolaiTesla (Post 45180087)
It isn't like he is calling for these interviews to occur. He is showing up to demands, how can you be mad at a guy who doesn't hide in his office?

You guys just whine about absolutely nothing.

While your head is exploring your inner crevices, I hope you find those peanuts you ate last night.



:amazed: found one :handclap:

KingBuzzo 02-28-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudMaster17 (Post 45179257)
What a surprise...NOT, the mouth of the south has not stop talking since he has got here. In the words of Led Zeppelin... Ramble On... Big Mouth... Ramble On

Ramble on, indeed. As per usual.

binop7 02-28-2012 04:19 PM

I'll post a recap as soon as he's done. It's on SNet East right now.

Dark Knight 02-28-2012 04:27 PM

Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.

JGardiner51 02-28-2012 04:30 PM

he says the same **** each time

FlareKnight 02-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 45181379)
Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.

True, enough. Was quick to reply to all the twitter questions when the team was playing great. Then it's a blackout during the dark times. If the team can recover from it's terrible play then we'll see more of him in interviews. If it continues to fall apart then probably less so.

bluebarry 02-28-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGardiner51 (Post 45181559)
he says the same **** each time

same old questions same old answers

btw questions come first is case you're looking at who you should be bit ching at

goguls 02-28-2012 04:35 PM

4 first round draft picks! HFers wet dream

Soul Vibe Funk 02-28-2012 04:36 PM

Burke said he was offered 4 1st round picks. what the!!??

JackJ 02-28-2012 04:38 PM

That four first round picks comment is complete nonsense. It's a poor attempt to instill confidence from the GM to the current team that he actually has faith in their ability. Ditto to the supposed Reimer deal he mentioned yesterday. It's all PR.

Beleafer4 02-28-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Vibe Funk (Post 45181941)
Burke said he was offered 4 1st round picks. what the!!??

1 for mac
1 for schenn
1 for grabbo
1 for kulie

The Messenger 02-28-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 45181379)
Actually I'm not so sure he shows up on demand. He rarely comes out of his cave during controversial times. He was nowhere to answer to the teams struggles recently. He's here now because reporters are distracted with the trade deadline and all.

What, he was on TSN radio (1050) just last week. I am sure this is just a courtesy to Sportsnet (590) so it's even steven.

Seems to me every two months or so Burke does the rounds of all the radio outlets.

For the life of me we are all hockey fans, I don't know why everyone complains all the time about a GM who will at least talk to the media.

I am sure if Burke went radio silent posters would still complain.

Dark Knight 02-28-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 45181645)
True, enough. Was quick to reply to all the twitter questions when the team was playing great. Then it's a blackout during the dark times. If the team can recover from it's terrible play then we'll see more of him in interviews. If it continues to fall apart then probably less so.

"None of your business" is his favorite remark now.

I like Burke. Always have. Its good to put the media in their place. I agree with his stance on the reporter who asked Reimer's Mom about his health, but he needs to learn to take critisicm better. Some things he has absolutely no answers for, like why this team isn't trucculent enough, or what happens to coaching when Wilson doesn't take this team to the playoffs yet again, for which 'None of your business' isn't going to cut it. Not for me at least.

What is his plan? Does anyone really know? I can tell you a lot of contradictory things he says at times.

Dark Knight 02-28-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Dancer (Post 45182177)
What, he was on TSN radio (1050) just last week. I am sure this is just a courtesy to Sportsnet (590) so it's even steven.

Seems to me every two months or so Burke does the rounds of all the radio outlets.

For the life of me we are all hockey fans, I don't know why everyone complains all the time about a GM who will at least talk to the media.

I am sure if Burke went radio silent posters would still complain.

I love the fact he's so available. I'm skepticle about when he's always available.

And its not him who arranges interviews, its what the PR department is for.

vezna* 02-28-2012 04:43 PM

Cox's balls (lol) disappears when he talks to Burke. why didn't he tell Burke to trade Kessel for Nash :laugh:

The Messenger 02-28-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 45182325)
I love the fact he's so available. I'm skepticle about when he's always available.

Like I said I think he does the rounds every two months, rain or shine. Watch the next one I bet the FAN goes first them 1050. And everyone will complain again about the second interview.

sangreale 02-28-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackJ (Post 45182051)
That four first round picks comment is complete nonsense. It's a poor attempt to instill confidence from the GM to the current team that he actually has faith in their ability. Ditto to the supposed Reimer deal he mentioned yesterday. It's all PR.

Interesting. You just called Burke a liar. If Burke turned out to be telling the truth and I called you a name, would you PM a mod?

wichitaleafs 02-28-2012 04:47 PM

Some if you guys are tools. He doesn't have too bad a track record and he gets flamed all the time.

david999 02-28-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezna (Post 45182353)
Cox's balls (lol) disappears when he talks to Burke. why didn't he tell Burke to trade Kessel for Nash :laugh:

This is so true. Bob Mcowen is even more balless when he actually gets to talk to people he criticizes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.