HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GEICO Connecticut Cup: Wolfpack vs Bridgeport (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=112209)

BDubinskyNYR17* 11-05-2004 12:34 PM

GEICO Connecticut Cup: Wolfpack vs Bridgeport

So far the Wolfpack are 1-0 vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers which is the Islanders farm team. Lets keep the streak of 7-0-0-0 alive.

The GEICO Connecticut Cup will be presented to the team that wins the ten game series between the clubs during the 2004-05 regular season.

I wish the NHL would go to this kind of schedule of sort. Imagine if the Islanders and Rangers played 10 games a year. That would be very entertaining. This is why when the NHL stars, they should do something like this:

Rangers vs West teams play only once. (15 games)

Rangers vs Southeast teams play each team 3 times (Caps, Panthers, Canes, Bolts, Thrashers) (15 games)
Rangers vs Northeast teams play each team 3 times (Buffalo, Ottawa, Toronto, Boston, Habs) (15 games)
Rangers vs Atlantic teams play each team 9 times (Flyers, Devils, Islanders, Pens)

Then u can reduce the schedule from 82 games - 81 games. Id love to see Rangers and Islanders play 9 times in regular season. I think this would also improve raitings and bring new fans. Please let me know what u think of this new schedule.

Fletch 11-05-2004 12:56 PM

Wow...10 games!...

talk about creating a rivalry. Perhaps the NHL should follow the AHL's lead...play the Devils, Islander and Flyers 6-8 times per year...that'll get attendance up in those houses...or Chicago/Detroit 6-8 times per year...or Montreal/Toronto...Edmonton/Calgary...Carolina/Florida (OK, now I'm just having fun).

Levitate 11-05-2004 01:06 PM

well there is the whole lafontaine trophy between the rangers and islanders (if it's even still around) as well as the hyundai hockey challenge between the rangers, isles, and devils

and i think all those teams play each other at least 6 times...but i wouldn't mind having some more rivalry games as well, as long as the devils don't kick our ***** every time :shakehead

Fletch 11-05-2004 01:20 PM

I believe it's...

5-6 per season...I'm upping from 6-8, preferring to be on the high side (two games more isn't significant, although if it's against 4 teams, it's really 8).

Fish 11-05-2004 02:50 PM

Under the existing 82 game schedule the Rangers play their division rivals 6 times a season. The NHL were pushing through a 72 game schedule proposal last spring in which they'd play their division rivals 8 times.

The AHL I think have gone a little too far, they only come down to play the Phantoms once in a season...not enough for me :)

Kodiak 11-05-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
The AHL I think have gone a little too far, they only come down to play the Phantoms once in a season...not enough for me :)

I agree with that. Jan. 28 seems so far off right now too.