HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Hockeys Future Fantasy Baseball year 7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1122607)

no name 02-29-2012 11:25 AM

Hockeys Future Fantasy Baseball year 7

Ok, it's almost time for our yearly baseball draft. We really want a good league this year but frankly I couldn't care less if you suck because I have been cursed in these HF leagues. Newbies and experienced players are welcome. I'd love to have some of our oldest players playing again. All I ask is that you give it a good shot.... and veto every move Tikkanen makes.

Here is the details:

Yahoo
League ID#:

League Name:

HF Baseball yr 6

Password:

noname

Time and date is subject to change in order to make it easy on everyone.

Herby 02-29-2012 11:43 AM

I've had fun with your hockey league so lets give this a shot

Abreu is a Pros Pro

Jason Lewis 02-29-2012 11:55 AM

I've always wanted to try my hand at fantasy baseball. I'll probably suck but whatever :p

Seventyx7 02-29-2012 12:06 PM

Mark Ellis My Hero

The Tikkanen 02-29-2012 12:07 PM

Can I make a request as defending champion:please only sign up if your goal is to compete to win. We've had a real problem with owners who sign up and either never show up once or show up and then leave after they realize there is at least one owner who is trying to win (not Josh). It's a free league, you don't have to play if you don't want to, we're looking for people who want to play and try to win. It doesn't take much effort, you can set your lineup days in advance and NoNames & I are in the league so you know first and last place are already locked down. And if you're lucky Josh will throw you some killer workout plans. I know my adductors have never been stronger thanks to Josh's work on my inner thighs.

Jason Lewis 02-29-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 45246273)
Can I make a request as defending champion:please only sign up if your goal is to compete to win. We've had a real problem with owners who sign up and either never show up once or show up and then leave after they realize there is at least one owner who is trying to win (not Josh). It's a free league, you don't have to play if you don't want to, we're looking for people who want to play and try to win. It doesn't take much effort, you can set your lineup days in advance and NoNames & I are in the league so you know first and last place are already locked down. And if you're lucky Josh will throw you some killer workout plans. I know my adductors have never been stronger thanks to Josh's work on my inner thighs.

mmm sexy

The Tikkanen 02-29-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 45247017)
mmm sexy

He's real hands on.

no name 02-29-2012 08:01 PM

My goal was to play less fantasy leagues this year but that's out the window. I've already got 5 free leagues and I have 3 pay leagues planned. Despite that, I'll still go deep in the playoffs. I've struggled for the last 3 years despite dominating the HF scene in fantasy sports the firs 4-5 years. But even with my struggles I've only missed 3 playoffs in all HF fanstay sports I've hosted in that time frame. That's all talk though since I've got a big zippo for trophies. I've got to bring it and you'll all have to take the brunt of it this year.

Anyways, Tikk, do you want to do a pay league this year with me? 20 bucks, 100 goes to first and it lessens down to third place. just need to make a league interesting. Anyone else interested?

kingsdarkness 02-29-2012 09:47 PM

i joined the league of yours but do you have to pay for the draft? im not to sure about the fantasy leagues.

no name 03-01-2012 11:17 AM

No, the league is free.

Wildturkey12 03-01-2012 02:08 PM

I would be down if you started a league with money involved.

Herby 03-01-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 (Post 45316363)
I would be down if you started a league with money involved.

I'll be open to side bets if anyone wants to do that. PM me before the draft.

The Tikkanen 03-01-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 45273391)
My goal was to play less fantasy leagues this year but that's out the window. I've already got 5 free leagues and I have 3 pay leagues planned. Despite that, I'll still go deep in the playoffs. I've struggled for the last 3 years despite dominating the HF scene in fantasy sports the firs 4-5 years. But even with my struggles I've only missed 3 playoffs in all HF fanstay sports I've hosted in that time frame. That's all talk though since I've got a big zippo for trophies. I've got to bring it and you'll all have to take the brunt of it this year.

Anyways, Tikk, do you want to do a pay league this year with me? 20 bucks, 100 goes to first and it lessens down to third place. just need to make a league interesting. Anyone else interested?

I'm in a CBS league right now that only has 3 owners, live draft, 5x5, daily lineup, $29.95 and first place takes $150.

The Tikkanen 03-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsdarkness (Post 45284389)
i joined the league of yours but do you have to pay for the draft? im not to sure about the fantasy leagues.

What aren't you sure about? This is a problem Josh and the HF leagues have been having where people sign up and after the draft takes place they then try to figure out what they got into. Look into the league rules and ask questions here before you sign up. Basically, fantasy sports has evolved greatly in the last decade-if you don't know what you're doing you'll get run over. This is a free league but I use the info to help me in my money leagues as far as who other teams are adding and dropping, how the draft goes and setting my lineup daily. That said when I sign up to play fantasy I sign up to win and I think that should be a qualifier for these HF leagues that Josh runs because we are getting some serious flakes. Are you going to set your lineup every day? If the answer is no you'll finish in last. You have to pay attention to spring training injuries, you have to use an updated draft sheet (fantasy baseball magazines have been out for a month so by the time the draft hits it's 2 month old information).

Fat Elvis 03-01-2012 06:26 PM

I've participated in the past and had a good time, even won one year(Fat Elvis days). I agree with Tikk in that it's way more when everyone TRIES. It sucks when 10+ people sign up and only 3-4 play out the season. So don't sign up if you give up easily.

no name 03-01-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 45322465)
That said when I sign up to play fantasy I sign up to win and I think that should be a qualifier for these HF leagues that Josh runs because we are getting some serious flakes. Are you going to set your lineup every day? If the answer is no you'll finish in last. ).

Maybe, maybe not. We've got the two quitter in the HF hockey league you're in with us and I'm giving them a run for last place. I thought I killed it at the draft and made a beauty trade pre-season. But, like every league you've ever played at in HF the last few years you have cursed me withseason long injuries. It's you. It has to be. The second you started playing I ate the porcelien. The other fantasy leagues that I run simultaniously I always am the favorite like this year, or win it.

no name 03-01-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP (Post 45329587)
I've participated in the past and had a good time, even won one year(Fat Elvis days). I agree with Tikk in that it's way more when everyone TRIES. It sucks when 10+ people sign up and only 3-4 play out the season. So don't sign up if you give up easily.

We'd love to have you back.

no name 03-01-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 45322233)
I'm in a CBS league right now that only has 3 owners, live draft, 5x5, daily lineup, $29.95 and first place takes $150.

Are you inviting me because I'd love to join.

SlimCharles 03-01-2012 06:35 PM

I'd love to play! I'm knowledgeable about baseball.

Seventyx7 03-01-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DP (Post 45329587)

Agreed. Don't join if you don't actually want to play. Pretty simple!

Rusty Batch 03-01-2012 06:49 PM

Id love to play. Im in one of your hockey leagues and still participating

The Tikkanen 03-02-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seventyx7 (Post 45331341)
Agreed. Don't join if you don't actually want to play. Pretty simple!

Yup. If you put a little time into it and mix in some luck you can win. It's a free league, come in with a strategy, pay attention and participate the whole season, that's pretty much all it takes-unless you're Josh.

no name 03-09-2012 12:31 PM

I'm really hoping we can get at leats 3 more players. If it helps, I will give 20 bucks the the league winner. Hopefully these incentives will encourage our players to play and be active.

The Tikkanen 03-09-2012 01:35 PM

How about an autographed b&w 8x10 photo?

no name 03-09-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 45797953)
How about an autographed b&w 8x10 photo?

Done. I'll autograph my muscle and strength magazine featuring my abs.