HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Around the NHL II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1123469)

AtlantaWhaler 03-01-2012 09:05 AM

Around the NHL II
 
Previous Around the NHL thread here. - Trade Legwand

We're in the home stretch, time to watch the standings! I'll try to update games that affect the western conference standings and the Preds, and their results on a daily basis.

Last night, neither Toronto nor Edmonton were any help as St. Louis and Chicago both got wins. Dallas was able to hang onto the 8th spot by getting a point after a SO loss against Pittsburgh.

Current standings:

Vancouver 88
St Louis 87
Phoenix 75
Detroit 87
Nashville 81
Chicago 75
San Jose 73
Dallas 71
Colorado 70
Los Angeles 70
Calgary 67
Minnesota 65
Anaheim 64
Edmonton 56
Columbus 43

Tonights games to watch include:

Minnesota @ Montreal
Calgary @ Phoenix
St. Louis @ Vancouver
Buffalo @ San Jose

zellthemedic 03-01-2012 09:16 AM

I actually want to get paired up with Detroit in the playoffs. Would make my life if we knocked them out in the first round.

sighthndlady 03-01-2012 12:24 PM

It's a very strange year. We generally don't care who wins anything with the exception of Detroit, St. Louis and to some extent Chicago.

I have mixed feelings about Detroit and St. Louis. Much as I'd love to knock out the Wings, we've played much better against St. Louis this year. Then again, would we be over-confident facing the Blues in Round 1?

Drake744 03-01-2012 12:30 PM

This is the inevitable thread that officially marks the awesome time of year.

wadesworld 03-01-2012 12:36 PM

I really, really want to win our division. If we went on a run, we could do it. For that matter, with a big run, we could win the President's trophy still. However, I suspect our remaining schedules is too tough to do so. Not only will we have to have a major run, but Detroit, Vancouver and St. Louis will have to falter, and all three probably have easier schedules. Yes, some of them have more road games, but the opponents are not as difficult.

Drake744 03-01-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 45311351)
I really, really want to win our division. If we went on a run, we could do it. For that matter, with a big run, we could win the President's trophy still. However, I suspect our remaining schedules is too tough to do so. Not only will we have to have a major run, but Detroit, Vancouver and St. Louis will have to falter, and all three probably have easier schedules. Yes, some of them have more road games, but the opponents are not as difficult.

I think it's doable in theory to win the division but I think the fact of the matter is even if we play "well enough" to get to that point, St. Louis and Detroit won't fall off enough. Even if it's us being one or two points behind. Although the good news is if we do start to gain ground on them we'll end up with a tiebreaker in regulation wins.

roseyc 03-01-2012 06:12 PM

As much as I would like to beat the Wings and eliminate them right off the bat I think our best chance we'll be against St.Louis. Detroit is and always until further notice is one of the best in the league and it will take everything we got to get by them. Whereas StL hasn't been in the postseason in some time. They are not playoff tested and we would have the advantage. The type of game they play we play it better. That's the reason we have these close games with them and most of the time we come out ahead

Top 6 Spaling 03-01-2012 06:54 PM

If we were guarenteed wins in every series, I would want to beat San Jose in round 1 (after we win the division :yo: and we get revenge for two straight years), Vancouver in Round 2 (like last year, but better), then Detroit in the WCF (our offical coming of age series). That just sounds like a storyline plot to me.

That said, GO EVERYONE NOT IN THE CENTRAL :laugh:

Jonesey 03-01-2012 07:52 PM

Around the NHL thread is almost to 1,000.

My first act as moderator is to close that thread, and sticky this one!

Top 6 Spaling 03-01-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade Legwand (Post 45338289)
Around the NHL thread is almost to 1,000.

My first act as moderator is to close that thread, and sticky this one!

Best mod ever...already :bow:

(do I get some sort of preferential treatment or something?) :naughty:

Jonesey 03-01-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 45338623)
Best mod ever...already :bow:

(do I get some sort of preferential treatment or something?) :naughty:

Sure, I won't infract you for going off-topic.

;)

Nitrous Mafia 03-01-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 45332245)
If we were guarenteed wins in every series, I would want to beat San Jose in round 1 (after we win the division :yo: and we get revenge for two straight years), Vancouver in Round 2 (like last year, but better), then Detroit in the WCF (our offical coming of age series). That just sounds like a storyline plot to me.

That said, GO EVERYONE NOT IN THE CENTRAL :laugh:


if only....

AdmiralsFan24 03-01-2012 08:30 PM

Geoffrion looks weird in a Canadiens jersey.

Jonesey 03-01-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 45342363)
Geoffrion looks weird in a Canadiens jersey.

so does Staubitz.

AdmiralsFan24 03-01-2012 09:13 PM

I turn off the Wild game because it's boring and it's 4-1 late in the 3rd. I go to check the scores and see the Wild tied the game and it's in a shootout. I then turn the game back on just in time to see Devin Setoguchi blow a tire in order to keep the game going. One of the funnier shootout attempts seen.

Jonesey 03-01-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 45347625)
I turn off the Wild game because it's boring and it's 4-1 late in the 3rd. I go to check the scores and see the Wild tied the game and it's in a shootout. I then turn the game back on just in time to see Devin Setoguchi blow a tire in order to keep the game going. One of the funnier shootout attempts seen.

nothing will ever top Dennis Wideman of the Blues completely upending himself.

Jonesey 03-01-2012 09:35 PM

Great.. Florida has given up in Winnipeg. Currently 6-0. 4 goals this period I believe with 11:30 to play.

PredsV82 03-01-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sighthndlady (Post 45310729)
It's a very strange year. We generally don't care who wins anything with the exception of Detroit, St. Louis and to some extent Chicago.

I have mixed feelings about Detroit and St. Louis. Much as I'd love to knock out the Wings, we've played much better against St. Louis this year. Then again, would we be over-confident facing the Blues in Round 1?

Blues have had only one playoff experience(a sweep) since the lockout. while they have some grizzled vets a lot of their players have never been n the playoffs and that does seem to count for something

I'd feel better about our chances against them than detroit.

Predatorbill 03-01-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 45354221)
Blues have had only one playoff experience(a sweep) since the lockout. while they have some grizzled vets a lot of their players have never been n the playoffs and that does seem to count for something

I'd feel better about our chances against them than detroit.

I also don't mind being the away team in the Blues series (fifth seed), because it will put a lot of pressure on the Blues to win both of those games. Whereas if they start on the road there will be less pressure on the Blues.

predwings 03-02-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 45311755)
I think it's doable in theory to win the division but I think the fact of the matter is even if we play "well enough" to get to that point, St. Louis and Detroit won't fall off enough. Even if it's us being one or two points behind. Although the good news is if we do start to gain ground on them we'll end up with a tiebreaker in regulation wins.

From what I see of the schedule...we'd just need to win honestly. We play Detroit and the Blackhawks a few times in the home stretch. If we win all of those games and upend St Louis as well...we would be on the way to making up ground. Honestly, we've had one of the toughest schedules all year so us being this high with that schedule is commendable.

AtlantaWhaler 03-02-2012 07:30 AM

Last nights results:

Minnesota 4 @ Montreal 5 SO
Calgary 4 @ Phoenix 2
St. Louis 0 @ Vancouver 2
Buffalo 1 @ San Jose 0

Current standings:

Vancouver 90
St Louis 87
Phoenix 75
Detroit 87
Nashville 81
Chicago 75
San Jose 73
Dallas 71
Colorado 70
Los Angeles 70
Calgary 69
Minnesota 66
Anaheim 64
Edmonton 56
Columbus 45

Tonights games to watch include:

Chicago @ Ottawa
Minnesota @ Detroit
Dallas @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Anaheim

*BTW, when I said "daily", I meant most weekday mornings (about 80% of them). On the weekends, I just check in on the phone. If anyone wants to update on weekend mornings, please feel free. Thanks!

TMI 03-02-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 45367181)
Last nights results:

Minnesota 4 @ Montreal 5 SO
Calgary 4 @ Phoenix 2
St. Louis 0 @ Vancouver 2
Buffalo 1 @ San Jose 0

Current standings:

Vancouver 90
St Louis 87
Phoenix 75
Detroit 87
Nashville 81
Chicago 75
San Jose 73
Dallas 71
Colorado 70
Los Angeles 70
Calgary 69
Minnesota 66
Anaheim 64
Edmonton 56
Columbus 45

Tonights games to watch include:

Chicago @ Ottawa
Minnesota @ Detroit
Dallas @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Anaheim

*BTW, when I said "daily", I meant most weekday mornings (about 80% of them). On the weekends, I just check in on the phone. If anyone wants to update on weekend mornings, please feel free. Thanks!

I'll do my best to pick up the slack on weekends. This weekend begins spring break, so I may switch my brain off for a couple of days and forget.

sighthndlady 03-02-2012 11:21 AM

Geaux Ottawa, Minnesota, Edmonton and Anaheim!

PhoneGuy 03-02-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sighthndlady (Post 45373721)
Geaux Ottawa, Minnesota, Edmonton and Anaheim!

No help from the Mild - down 6-0 at the moment about halfway through the 3rd. :shakehead

On a brighter note, nhl.com is reporting that Wilson has been fired by the Leafs. Looks like his replacement is Carlyle.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=620234

Paranoid Android 03-02-2012 09:05 PM

The funny part is Burke gave Wilson a contract extension just a couple months ago :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.