HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Crunch need new affiliate (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1123883)

SFTC Addict 03-01-2012 06:49 PM

Crunch need new affiliate

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2012...ut_of_cur.html

pelts35.com 03-01-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 45326545)

Title is a bit misleading. Even Dolgan said that it's not 100% certain, just that the deal won't be extended as is.

adsfan 03-01-2012 08:32 PM

I think that Dolgon wants a better deal from the Ducks rather than a new NHL affiliate. Time will tell.

SFTC Addict 03-02-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 45335947)
Title is a bit misleading. Even Dolgan said that it's not 100% certain, just that the deal won't be extended as is.

Guy whined about Columbus too, least he's consistent....

Old Man Barking 03-02-2012 01:19 AM

Judging from Murray's comments, the affiliation is over.

Tommy Hawk 03-02-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 45358099)
Guy whined about Columbus too, least he's consistent....

Hasn't he whined about all of them!! :cry:

SFTC Addict 03-02-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 45362977)
Hasn't he whined about all of them!! :cry:

Not the Wolves...I mean Canucks.

wildcat48 03-02-2012 01:43 PM

From people that I've chatted with that affiliation is over... and, it has been for sometime. I guess -- depending on who you speak with -- Dolgan and Murray won't even speak to each other. They communicate through dispatches and other people to pass the message along. Its really very toxic according to those folks out there.

I suspect we'll be hearing the Lightning to SYR ramp up now or even Florida. I guess Anaheim would love to get in to SA if they could.

pelts35.com 03-02-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 45377379)
From people that I've chatted with that affiliation is over... and, it has been for sometime. I guess -- depending on who you speak with -- Dolgan and Murray won't even speak to each other. They communicate through dispatches and other people to pass the message along. Its really very toxic according to those folks out there.

I suspect we'll be hearing the Lightning to SYR ramp up now or even Florida. I guess Anaheim would love to get in to SA if they could.

But that raises the question as to why Norfolk/Tampa and SA/Florida wouldn't continue their agreement given that both teams are successful this year. Tough to sell to your fans that you are dumping a winning team in favor of the Ducks.

Rumblick 03-02-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 45378345)
But that raises the question as to why Norfolk/Tampa and SA/Florida wouldn't continue their agreement given that both teams are successful this year.

Most people I've talked to in Norfolk are convinced this is the last year of the Tampa affiliation. Travel time is being bandied about as the prime culprit, with the nearest opponent a near 6-hour bus ride away. I've already heard plenty of Tampa to Syracuse rumors, with the dominoes going Anaheim to SA & Florida to Norfolk. That would really suck for NorAds fans - they lost Chicago when that team was good, suffered through a couple of putrid years with Tampa, and now that the Lightning have their act together, they get Florida dumped on them.

pelts35.com 03-02-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 45378725)
Most people I've talked to in Norfolk are convinced this is the last year of the Tampa affiliation. Travel time is being bandied about as the prime culprit, with the nearest opponent a near 6-hour bus ride away. I've already heard plenty of Tampa to Syracuse rumors, with the dominoes going Anaheim to SA & Florida to Norfolk. That would really suck for NorAds fans - they lost Chicago when that team was good, suffered through a couple of putrid years with Tampa, and now that the Lightning have their act together, they get Florida dumped on them.

I'd take Florida over Anaheim right now.

adsfan 03-03-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 45378959)
I'd take Florida over Anaheim right now.

I think that Florida has a lot better team than Anaheim. I could see how that would help the AHL affiliate.

Rampage Erik 03-04-2012 10:32 PM

Im not sure if the Panthers are going to move out of San Antonio because at last nights Rampage game they were giving out flyers that said the Panthers were going to have a preseason game against the Dallas Stars in the ATT Center(in SA) on September 21 2012.

pelts35.com 03-05-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage Erik (Post 45529029)
Im not sure if the Panthers are going to move out of San Antonio because at last nights Rampage game they were giving out flyers that said the Panthers were going to have a preseason game against the Dallas Stars in the ATT Center(in SA) on September 21 2012.

I wouldn't say that guarantees anything other than a preseason game in SA next season.

Rampage Erik 03-05-2012 09:12 AM

All Im saying is why would the Panthers have anything to do with San Antonio next year if there going to be somewhere else.
I will admit though there are those rumors here as well but I know the Spurs organizion keeps hush about alot of things so we might not even here anything till the season is over.

pelts35.com 03-05-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage Erik (Post 45538219)
All Im saying is why would the Panthers have anything to do with San Antonio next year if there going to be somewhere else.
I will admit though there are those rumors here as well but I know the Spurs organizion keeps hush about alot of things so we might not even here anything till the season is over.

Teams play preseason games in various arenas. That said it's certainly possible that if the Panthers aren't the parent club for SA next season that the game would be cancelled. That game may have been already scheduled before any discussions of affiliation changes.

Govment Cheese 03-05-2012 09:52 AM

Way to F'un early for AHL silly season to start.

Dolgon will have to learn to keep is big mouth shut, if it really is Tampa that signed with them. Steve Yzerman keeps all information close until they are ready for an official announcement. Within the Tampa Bay organization there is no leaking of information or you are canned. Would think SY added opt-outs to any contract to have some control over the affiliate.

SFTC Addict 03-05-2012 04:21 PM

Maybe those pests from Dallas are trying to increase the star brand across the state of Texas?

crunchrulz 03-05-2012 05:05 PM

Dolgon has yet to mention any team by name as the new affiliate. We can assume names all day, and we know how that works. It has been whispered for months that deals involving Anaheim to San Antonio, Florida to Norfolk, and Tampa to Syracuse are coming. It is old news. All he has said new is that that is an agreement is reached. Heck, it cold even be a return to the Ducks with changes to the contract. Time will tell.

SFTC Addict 03-21-2012 10:11 PM

Hmm...Funny how this comes out and Cuse comes from nowhere to the 8th and final playoff spot in the East currently.

RFA 03-21-2012 11:20 PM

I agree, very interesting.

JetsAlternate 03-21-2012 11:52 PM

What's wrong with the Crunch? They seem to change affiliates often.

SFTC Addict 03-22-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetsAlternate (Post 46504491)
What's wrong with the Crunch? They seem to change affiliates often.

Pompous owner.

pelts35.com 03-22-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 46506913)
Pompous owner.

Why, because he wants the NHL parent club that he pays a hefty sum to every season to ice a competitive team? I wish more of the independent AHL owners were that pompous.

IceCapsFanNL 03-22-2012 09:06 AM

Which teams are run by independent owners? I can't find this anywhere.