HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Stick manufacture's guarantee's? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1124659)

Headcoach 03-02-2012 02:32 PM

Stick manufacture's guarantee's?
 
Do stick manufactures provide some type of stick replacement program on carbon fiber stick when they break? Are there any 30, 60, or 90 day warranties that they provide? And if so...which companies?

Jarick 03-02-2012 02:48 PM

Pretty much everyone does 30 day warranties from defect (i.e. snapping on a shot) at retail.

iamjs 03-02-2012 02:50 PM

30 days on Easton, and a big zero on pro stock stuff.

Headcoach 03-02-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjs (Post 45383737)
30 days on Easton, and a big zero on pro stock stuff.

Pro stock? Don't they all sell sticks with pro's names on them? Wouldn't that mean that they are all pro-stock? Sorry, I'm wood and fiberglass stick buyer. But I am out of the country and it's forcing me to buy carbon fiber stock or a 50/50.

This leads me to the next question. When you buy a stick, is price important or is brand name important to you? I'm concern about investing in a stick that's $150 usd and then it only lasting 6 times on the ice. What are your concerns?

neksys 03-02-2012 03:02 PM

Most shops I've been to have a return policy sheet detailing the various policies.

Pretty much any stick you buy will be a one-time return for damage resulting from a defect within 30 days of purchase.

AIREAYE 03-02-2012 04:24 PM

All OPS should come with a 30-day warranty. Some brands require you to handle any claims through the store (TPS,Sherwood, Warrior) while others require you to deal direct with the manufacturer, bypassing the retailer (Easton, Bauer, CCM, Reebok). Warranties are only on manufacturer's defects and it's up to the manufacturer's discretion (providing that you're dealing with them directly and not the store) as to whether or not you will receive a replacement and if so, what curve/flex/stick model you will receive. Generally if it's a current stick, you will receive the same curve/flex in the same pricepoint while an older stick could net you the current equivalent. Neksys is correct, the second warranty replacement stick will not have another guarantee attached to it.

Almost all retail sticks should have a player's name as the curve, but they are not necessarily pro stock. Something along the lines of 'This stick is intended for professional use only' should be printed on the shaft if it's indeed prostock.

Most sticks in that pricepoint will have good durability/performance due to a healthy carbon:glass ratio.

hockeymass 03-02-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headcoach (Post 45384233)
Pro stock? Don't they all sell sticks with pro's names on them? Wouldn't that mean that they are all pro-stock? Sorry, I'm wood and fiberglass stick buyer. But I am out of the country and it's forcing me to buy carbon fiber stock or a 50/50.

This leads me to the next question. When you buy a stick, is price important or is brand name important to you? I'm concern about investing in a stick that's $150 usd and then it only lasting 6 times on the ice. What are your concerns?

Pro stock means it's for the pros, and was either used in a game or practice or returned unused to the manufacturer.

It's unlikely that you'll spend $150 on a stick and have it break after a few uses.

markisonfire 03-03-2012 12:24 PM

Most companies offer at least 30 days on their sticks, especially the higher end models. That usually covers things like snapping while taking a shot or generally being defective. I've seen many cases where customers have tried to have their stick warranteed for having a chip on the blade or something like that (as if someone slashed their stick pretty hard) and were denied warranty.

Heat McManus 03-06-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neksys (Post 45384309)
Most shops I've been to have a return policy sheet detailing the various policies.

Pretty much any stick you buy will be a one-time return for damage resulting from a defect within 30 days of purchase.

No shop I've seen takes sticks back. A pro-shop is not going to be able to determine whether or not it's a true manufacturing defect or if something happened during the course of normal play.

That said, I can only recall one time when a stick was sent back during the warranty period and the company said the customer was not entitled to a replacement.

hockeymass 03-07-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat McManus (Post 45662187)
No shop I've seen takes sticks back. A pro-shop is not going to be able to determine whether or not it's a true manufacturing defect or if something happened during the course of normal play.

That said, I can only recall one time when a stick was sent back during the warranty period and the company said the customer was not entitled to a replacement.

He didn't say the shop would take them back. He said the shop would have the information on each company's warranty policy, since it's not exactly written on the stick.

hyster110 03-07-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat McManus (Post 45662187)
No shop I've seen takes sticks back. A pro-shop is not going to be able to determine whether or not it's a true manufacturing defect or if something happened during the course of normal play.

That said, I can only recall one time when a stick was sent back during the warranty period and the company said the customer was not entitled to a replacement.

most hockey stores out here do warranty replacements right in store, and it makes it much easier to handle then dealing with the big companies. i am in the canadian maritimes

DevsFan84 03-07-2012 07:24 AM

In the USA at least, stick warranty issues are handled by the manufacturer. If a stick breaks within 30 days of purchase, you contact the manufacturer and ship the stick back. They send you a replacement if the stick qualifies. I'm not familiar with any exceptions to this.

How things work in Canada is another story- I have no idea. It could very well be different.

TieClark 03-07-2012 09:47 AM

Bigger stores usually have return policies which is basically just being convenient for you and making them deal with the manufacturers. Smaller places like pro shops normally make you contact the manufacturer directly and do it yourself.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.