HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Shin pads? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1124697)

RoninNYR 03-02-2012 03:22 PM

Shin pads?

Which shin pads offer the most protection up top above the knee, that flap?

My shin pads did not protect when some guy who could barley skate accidentally slew footed me

God i hate it when scrubs play, it's so dangerous when people that cant control themselves play ice hockey... if you have no control over your body stay the **** off the ice /rant.

Sorry missing my team playoffs because of an idiot :cry: needed to vent to people that would understand.

v3rs3 03-02-2012 03:30 PM

I guess when you started you should have never been on the ice either. Stupid rant is stupid. Everyone has to start somewhere.

AIREAYE 03-02-2012 04:26 PM

Make sure your pants provide enough coverage first.
Look at the T1 or APX pads. The T1 has the extra Vent Armor flap.

RoninNYR 03-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rs3 (Post 45385657)
I guess when you started you should have never been on the ice either. Stupid rant is stupid. Everyone has to start somewhere.

The difference is when I play a sport I am not good at (soccer, basketball, surfing) I have the sense to be aware of my surroundings and stay away from guys that are flying around.

There are rules of conduct for sports, in mountain biking you let the fast guys pass, in surfing you stay away from the crowd/big breaks. I adhere to these rules when I do these sports because I know it's the rookies that get in the way and cause accidents.

In this situation a slew foot far away from the play means the a-hole was not aware of his surroundings and absolutely no control over his body. In situations like these you don't skate right behind someone and use them as support as to not fall.

This of course assumes you have some sort of athletic prowess, so excuese me if I am ranting about a totally preventable situation preventing me playing in my teams playoffs where i am definitely needed... Sorry...

Edit - It's like in skiing or snowboarding beginers on a trail they can't handle... same concept. Go to stick time, stay away from goodplayers trying to play.

vapor11 03-02-2012 05:05 PM

Ouch..how did that even happen? Looks like your pad was not properly secured or long enough..maybe get an inch " bigger..I use a cheap low end pair of Reebok 3k's and that wouldn't be possible unless my shin pad turned to the side

drivesrf 03-02-2012 05:05 PM

which part of NJ are you in??

CornKicker 03-02-2012 05:14 PM

thats more of a pants issue than a shinpad issue imo

KINgGh0sT 03-02-2012 05:26 PM

ya, I think that is a padding issue. Sure it shouldn't of happen but my pants and Shin pad would of easily covered that area. Get better man! But I would look for new gear.

Skarjak 03-02-2012 05:46 PM

Jesus christ man! Some of us are sensitive to the sight of blood. Please put a warning in your thread title...

neksys 03-02-2012 05:54 PM

I don't get it - is that a skate cut?

Justin65 03-02-2012 06:09 PM

From what I can tell in the pic, I agree that it looks like more of a pants issue. While I agree with some that everyone has to start somewhere, I was also told when I first started playing (all of 2 weeks ago) to skate at your own level because if you go out of control someone can get seriously injured. Finally, yes, put a warning up for that pic; reminds me of the time at work when I had to see a self aid buddy care presentation (First Aid) and got treated to plenty of gruesome pictures with no warning beforehand.

RoninNYR 03-02-2012 08:37 PM

Ok, took the pic down.

My blade shot up and under the pants kind of.
Any good girdles out there?

r3cc0s 03-03-2012 11:44 PM

i've never encountered a skate cut, but it happens... mostly in contact hockey though :P

I have Bauer One95's that I occationally use, and they have super high quad protection, but they're expensive and heavy...
really for contact use