HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Chicago @ Ottawa | Nahhh...who needs two points anyway (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1124985)

MainDotC 03-02-2012 08:37 PM

Chicago @ Ottawa | Nahhh...who needs two points anyway

I thought Emery played well and, although a majority of fans on TGOTR and in the GDT think of Emery as a jerk or somehow responsible for the fall of the post-2007 franchise, I was glad to see him get the win. The guy has changed his behaviour and battled back from hip surgery when everyone thought he'd be done and he's playing through it and regaining his form.

Of course there was the obligatory Hossa goal just to remind us what a great move it was to deal him. I think we are all in agreement Sens didn't try hard enough to win and got too sloppy. Lehner played outstanding and that penalty shot save will be remembered for a long time. Kind of makes you wonder if he can take an underdog Ottawa team as deep as he took an underdog Bingo last season...

Bingo is up 5-2 right now in Syracuse and Bishop is holding steady with 25 saves through 2 periods.

Smeddy 03-02-2012 08:38 PM

#LEHNsanity

Blackhawkswincup 03-02-2012 08:39 PM

Hello everyone just wanted to say that Lehner was great as was Karlsson

Sens have some great young talent ,, Hopefully you do well in your playoff pursuit and beyond

kellmuff96 03-02-2012 08:41 PM

Very costly loss tonight with the Devils winning. Back in 7th which means quick round 1 exit vs. Boston if it stays that way.

Devils play Isles on Sunday. Another easy 2 points

ChocolateLeclaire 03-02-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellmuff96 (Post 45404883)
Very costly loss tonight with the Devils winning. Back in 7th which means quick round 1 exit vs. Boston if it stays that way.

Lots of hockey left. Just play the games we have left and let the chips fall where they may.

I really liked Lehner's game tonight. He is positionally exceptional and you can't teach big. He just needs to work on his rebounds. The second goal could have been swallowed up. That will come with experience.

misha1976 03-02-2012 08:46 PM

I dunno. Bad game to lose... and as usual, the Sens didn't get their mojo until they lost their mojo. But, what I like about this team is they never give up and they learn from their mistakes. I'm optimistic. A good bunch of players with a damn good goalie. This season's future looks promising.

4thliner* 03-02-2012 08:46 PM

We need multiple top 6 help on this team like BAAD to go where we need to go.

Ghost in the Shell 03-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thliner (Post 45405339)
We need multiple top 6 help on this team like BAAD to go where we need to go.

Agreed. Butler, Greeing, Foligno, Condra and even Turris right now have nothing.

4thliner* 03-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellmuff96 (Post 45404883)

Nah, Sens match up well against the Boston style of all teams in the East. That series will not be 4 and done. It will at least go 6.

MainDotC 03-02-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigun (Post 45405463)
Agreed. Butler, Greeing, Foligno, Condra and even Turris right now have nothing.

I think on the pre-game they named like 7 forwards who have not scored in the last 10 - 12 games?

Icelevel 03-02-2012 08:48 PM

i like lehner

WasTeD 03-02-2012 08:49 PM

Karlsson had an off game. Which for him means he was only good tonight lol.

Gil Gunderson 03-02-2012 08:50 PM

The penalties this team is taking are concerning. So unnecessary.

4thliner* 03-02-2012 08:50 PM

Gotta give huge props to Spezza and Karlsson to be doing what they are doing offensively on a team like this. It is amazing feet really.

danishh 03-02-2012 08:50 PM

chicago was just much better than us. Lehner's the only reason it was close.

saskriders 03-02-2012 08:50 PM

Not bad to lose to western team

Tundraman 03-02-2012 08:51 PM

In spite of how poorly they played the 1st 2 periods they had a chance to tie or win. Spezza dinged one on the pp and Emery let out a lot of juicy rebounds like Lehner did. The Sens just had no one in position to take advantage most of the time and when they did they shot right back on Emery.

The point blank high shot open net miss by Gilroy was worse than Condra against the Bruins because they lost this game. if he wants a contract he'd better not miss too many of those. Maybe that's why for a so-called offensive D he only has 2 goals this year. I'm starting not to like him so he'd better do something soon to win me over. :p:

ChocolateLeclaire 03-02-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigun (Post 45405463)

For the Bingo guys, they've played a ton of hockey between last year, the Cup run, and this season. It can be expected that they look gassed. Turris missed camp so that could be catching up to him.

ChocolateLeclaire 03-02-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tundraman (Post 45405745)
In spite of how poorly they played the 1st 2 periods they had a chance to tie or win. Spezza dinged one on the pp and Emery let out a lot of juicy rebounds like Lehner did. The Sens just had no one in position to take advantage most of the time and when they did they shot right back on Emery.

The point blank high shot open net miss by Gilroy was worse than Condra against the Bruins because they lost this game. if he wants a contract he'd better not miss too many of those. Maybe that's why for a so-called offensive D he only has 2 goals this year. I'm starting not to like him so he'd better do something soon to win me over. :p:

That hit Keith's stick. He didn't miss, it was tipped.

DeVoice 03-02-2012 08:55 PM

Back at home blues....team played but exstra effort was just sporatic atbest.
as for 2 points would be nice but this team will loose games they should win and vise-versa. Some nights they will match the best others they will show up to watch its a rebuild.

its now up to the coach to remind them that being at home does not mean you can
float through.

Tundraman 03-02-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire (Post 45406147)
That hit Keith's stick. He didn't miss, it was tipped.

So he shoots for the stick instead of the wide open net. What a loser!! (do I have to put it)

starling 03-02-2012 09:07 PM

Worst game by a team in a while...
Even if they tied it up, Kane and Hossa would come out and score two more...

Ski 03-02-2012 09:14 PM

Hate the loss, but if ya gonna lose let it to be Razor, good on him, solid game..

ChocolateLeclaire 03-02-2012 09:14 PM

Bishop....wow. I really want to see him in the NHL sooner rather than later. No offense to Lehner (who is awesome too) I just want to see him against NHL shooters.

SensFactor 03-02-2012 09:15 PM

Ahlers - Condra, Smith, Daugavins, Greening, Konopka, O'Brien, Butler
Overrated (even without training camp this season) - Turris

Top Six (only ones producing) - Alfie, Michalek, Spezza
Defencemen (only ones producing) - Karlsson, Gonchar
Only physical presence - Neil, Carkner, Cowen

Our MVP's - Anderson, Lehner

Top Six help we could use right now if they were older: Silverburg, Zibenajad, Stone, Puempel, Noeson, Prince

Conclusion
We are a rebuilding team