HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Predators @ Panthers "Gnash, The Only True Cat" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1125165)

Everlong 03-02-2012 11:06 PM

Predators @ Panthers "Gnash, The Only True Cat"

Welcome Gaustad! A bunch of new faces on the team, it's time to make a serious push and "claw" our way to victory. :yo:

NHL.com Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020968

Quote:

Season Series: This is the only meeting of the season between the Predators and Panthers. They faced each other twice during the 2010-11 campaign, with the home team winning each time. Anders Lindback stopped 22 shots for his first NHL shutout in Nashville's 3-0 win on Dec. 11, 2010, while Scott Clemmensen made 27 saves and Florida rallied for a pair of third-period goals for a 3-2 victory on Jan. 13, 2011.

Big Story: While this isn't exactly a heated rivalry between teams that don't see a whole lot of one another, the points available are crucial to both sides. Nashville is still in the running for the Central Division title, six points behind Detroit and St. Louis, but with two games left against the Red Wings and a game remaining with the Blues, in addition to a game in hand. Florida, meanwhile, has both Winnipeg and Washington on its heels in the Southeast race, and is coming off getting routed by the Jets on Thursday.

Lineups

Nashville

Sergei - Fisher - Erat
Andrei - Legwand - Hornqvist
Wilson - Spaling - Tootoo
Yip - Gaustad - Bourque

Suter - Weber
Gill - Josi
Bouillon - Hillen

Rinne

NoNecksCurse 03-02-2012 11:18 PM

please preds.. win this game. play to our level.. not our opponents level

Predatorbill 03-02-2012 11:20 PM

This works. Just don't miss. It won't be pretty.

cleangene 03-02-2012 11:23 PM

Alternate subtitle: "Ghost of Smitty Past Edition". Despite all his detractors, Kleiner's abscence is going to hurt, so WORK HARD FOR ALL 60 FREAKING MINUTES, D. AK and Goose, why not get your first goals as PREDS in this game????? WIN, PREDS.

AdmiralsFan24 03-02-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predatorbill (Post 45413887)
This works. Just don't miss. It won't be pretty.

A 5 on 1 seems almost impossible. I'm guessing it has never happened until that one.

Jonesey 03-03-2012 06:43 AM

All we do is win. Right?

AtlantaWhaler 03-03-2012 08:57 AM

Welcome newbies! Nervous with the extra days, but it was good for AK and Goose. Full 60 please!!

Go Preds!!!

WartracePred 03-03-2012 08:58 AM

Wife and I made the trip for this one. Hard to beat Ft Lauderdale AND the Preds. With Goose and AK added to the mix it's going to be a challenge keeping up with Trotzy's line juggling. Let's hope it settles out soon.

ThirdManIn 03-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WartracePred (Post 45422195)
Wife and I made the trip for this one. Hard to beat Ft Lauderdale AND the Preds. With Goose and AK added to the mix it's going to be a challenge keeping up with Trotzy's line juggling. Let's hope it settles out soon.

Show off

I hope tonight is a good game, but, more importantly, the Preds need 2 points. Don't care how. 2 points. That's it

AdmiralsFan24 03-03-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade Legwand (Post 45420323)
All we do is win. Right?

Nashville Tebows.

Everlong 03-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 45423511)
Nashville Tebows.

Pred-sanity.

AtlantaWhaler 03-03-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 45423511)
Nashville Tebows.

Tough to Tebow without a neck.

Seth Lake 03-03-2012 11:38 AM

After the morning skate, forward lines will be:

Sergei - Fisher - Erat
Yip - Gaustad - Bourque

Assuming with Klein suffering a setback and Ellis not skating yesterday due to his bout with the flu...that the D pairings will remain unchanged from last game.

Suter - Weber
Gill - Josi
Bouillon - Hillen

Rinne in nets, Lindback dressing as backup.

AtlantaWhaler 03-03-2012 11:45 AM

Wilson and Horns should switch. Otherwise, I like it!

alexmanu 03-03-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 45426921)
After the morning skate, forward lines will be:

Sergei - Fisher - Erat
Yip - Gaustad - Bourque

Assuming with Klein suffering a setback and Ellis not skating yesterday due to his bout with the flu...that the D pairings will remain unchanged from last game.

Suter - Weber
Gill - Josi
Bouillon - Hillen

Rinne in nets, Lindback dressing as backup.

I like the look of those lines. The Yip-Gaustad-Bourque line should be a nuisance to anyone going against them. Still not high on the Legwand line, I would like to see Wilson in there. Hopefully the Fisher line gets back their scoring touch.

The defence is what I expected. I wouldn't mind seeing an Ellis-Hillen pairing when he comes back from the flu, Ellis provides the offensive touch lacking on that third pairing and Hillen has been excellent lately.

ThirdManIn 03-03-2012 11:52 AM

For the time being we are going to have to accept that AK was picked up to fill the winger spot on Legwand's line. Can't break up the top line, and the third line has a ton of chemistry, too. It's Trotz, though, and an old saying about Tennessee's weather can be altered to fit his modus operandi.

Don't like the line combinations? Wait five minutes; they'll change.

Cashville 03-03-2012 11:52 AM

Just win! Shame there will be a lot of overlap with the UNC v Duke game tonight.

NoNecksCurse 03-03-2012 11:57 AM

still dont see enough scoring from those forwards to win a cup.. hope im wrong. go preds

Jonesey 03-03-2012 12:20 PM

Anyone drinking somewhere during the game in Rutherford county?

predwings 03-03-2012 12:59 PM

Weird that Smith is going to be scratched. He finally nets a goal and gets benched. Either way, the lines are interesting and I agree...Wilson and Horny should be switched or the 2nd line will never be able to gain the zone IMO.

29dryden29 03-03-2012 01:00 PM

GO CATS GO the native Floridian CATS that is :sarcasm:

Seth Lake 03-03-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 45427355)
For the time being we are going to have to accept that AK was picked up to fill the winger spot on Legwand's line. Can't break up the top line, and the third line has a ton of chemistry, too. It's Trotz, though, and an old saying about Tennessee's weather can be altered to fit his modus operandi.

Don't like the line combinations? Wait five minutes; they'll change.

As I said in the "Lines" thread yesterday, I'd like to switch Hornqvist with Smith and then move Hornqvist into Yip's spot...

Sergei - Fisher - Erat
Andrei - Legwand - Smith
Hornqvist - Gaustad - Bourque

Top 6 Spaling 03-03-2012 01:13 PM

Smith is scratched? oh well...I guess two of Spaling, Hali, Yip, Smith, and Borque had to go. Borque is on fire. Yip is playing very well too. Personally, I'd like to see spals out, but oh well.

NoNecksCurse 03-03-2012 01:13 PM

much better slake...crazy the amount of difference a switch or two will do.. we have the depth. hornqvist needs to be on the 4th line ES always. he will produce the same and be significant to the PP. while I like yip, hornqvist brings more offensively and smith on the 2nd line is another significant upgrade to our "scoring by committee"

AtlantaWhaler 03-03-2012 01:31 PM

As much as I like Smith, I don't mind him scratched. This is the time of year rookies run out of gas.