HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Craig Anderson Trade Value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1125667)

Senator Blutarsky 03-03-2012 05:19 PM

Craig Anderson Trade Value

Suppose (just suppose ;)) Murray decided to go with a Lehner/Bishop tandem next year - what would Craig Anderson’s trade value be?

2011-2012 Season stats:

GP 56, W 29, L 19, OT 6, Sv% .913, GAA 2.85, SO 3.

Signed for three more years at $3,187,500 per.

ClubSandwiches 03-03-2012 05:24 PM

Some team might be willing to part with a decent prospect or 2nd round pick, but I don't see him getting more in a trade.

Anderson's stats don't really help his trade value, but he fits our system well, and he seems to be really well liked in our system.

ChocolateLeclaire 03-03-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubSandwiches (Post 45439815)
Some team might be willing to part with a decent prospect or 2nd round pick, but I don't see him getting more in a trade.

Anderson's stats don't really help his trade value, but he fits our system well, and he seems to be really well liked in our system.

THIS.

He's more valuable to us than he is to other teams. But they would see his value if they had him. We would get no more than a 2nd from him but once he joined that new team, his value would be far greater than the 2nd we got from him and they'd be laughing at how they stole him from us.

In my opinion, Anderson will be here the duration of his contract. It will be one of Lehner or Bishop that gets moved after showing what he can do with a lot of starts under their belt. They have more value as they are young and have a great pedigree. If the numbers look good when they play (much like Lehner's current run), we'll be able to fetch the "Cory Schneider" Return™

playasRus 03-03-2012 05:30 PM

Craig Anderson gets a 1st rounder+ easily. Teams always looking to upgrade in goal, especially if a goalie isn't making too much cash, AND Andy is coming off an amazing season. Look what Varlamov got, and he's a rookie.

MAK19 03-03-2012 05:36 PM

:caps
Anderson

:sens
Laich

:hawks
Anderson
3rd

Krueger
2nd

:devils
Anderson

Tedenby
Kinkaid
2nd

TSA0402 03-03-2012 05:37 PM

Halak basically got a 1st rounder + a bit. Im not sure Craig Anderson, based on his age could retrieve the same kind of haul also because of the crowd of goaltenders in todays NHL. Something between Bishop and Halak, I would say.

source 03-03-2012 05:39 PM

Some function of the # of UFA goaltenders this summer, the # of teams with quality goalies to spare, and the # of teams who would see Anderson as an upgrade over what they have to some degree.

ClubSandwiches 03-03-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 45440249)
Halak basically got a 1st rounder + a bit. Im not sure Craig Anderson, based on his age could retrieve the same kind of haul also because of the crowd of goaltenders in todays NHL. Something between Bishop and Halak, I would say.

There's also the circumstances under which Halak got that return.

StayThirstyMyFriend 03-03-2012 05:44 PM

A lot of good teams need decent goaltending - Hawks & Flyers to name a couple. Anderson has played a big role in Ottawa's success this year and was really good last year when he got here and that hasn't gone unnoticed around the league. Anderson with his current contract would at least get a first or a decent player but I doubt he goes anywhere for at least one more year. One thing's for sure, with 1 solid proven goalie and two top level prospects the team is looking good in net and can trade one of those assets for a really good return.

ReginKarlssonLehner 03-03-2012 05:48 PM

Anderson's value will be determined by his success in the playoffs. Chances of him being traded though? Close to slim unless Lehner/Bishop play lights out from now until Anderson's return and then Sens get an amazing offer for Anderson PLUS feel confident that Bishop/Lehner will do a capable job next year.

What's going to happen? Anderson will stay here for AT least another year. Come on guys, give your heads a shake. Anderson has played brilliantly and was our best player 2 months in a row and we want him gone cause of that? Until Lehner fixes up his rebounds and plays well for a longer stretch of games and until we can see how Bishop can handle at least 10-15 games, I ain't moving Anderson even for an overpayment.

We have just finally got a number 1 PLUS goaltending depth and we wanna mess with that?

Lolz.

Fenix Rises 2026 03-03-2012 05:49 PM

Brian Elliot -

SixthSens 03-03-2012 05:55 PM

This discussion can be resumed in the Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1118835&page=8