HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs| March 6th | SPO | 7:00pm EST - **** TANK NATION!!! PLAYOFFS!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1126405)

TML g u n n e R s* 03-04-2012 11:40 AM

Bruins @ Leafs| March 6th | SPO | 7:00pm EST - **** TANK NATION!!! PLAYOFFS!!!

Armstrong joins third line with Steckel and Kulemin today. Connolly one of four on the fourth line.

TrueBlue86 03-04-2012 11:42 AM

let's hope coach puts pressure on burke to get rid of connolly and lombo

SeenSchenn2 03-04-2012 11:43 AM

Need to play with desperation if you want to have a shot, now. We somehow have to beat the Bruins, twice.

Lombo should sit.

JGardiner51 03-04-2012 11:43 AM

Playoff push continues! GO LEAFS GO

Hurt 03-04-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 (Post 45488731)

I think this is exactly what's going to happen. GO LEAFS GO!

ansah 03-04-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 (Post 45488731)

someone playing on the fourth line is not gonna get you much

iArts 03-04-2012 11:44 AM

Who's going to start?

Also,for the first time this year,I feel like we might have a chance against the Bruins.

Hurt 03-04-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ansah (Post 45488855)

Playing on the fourth line and BEING a fourth line player are two very different things. Connolly and Lombardi are both skilled in their own right but they are not what this team requires.

Penalty Kill Icing* 03-04-2012 11:51 AM

Need to put away the slumping Bruins. Also, I can't afford to go vBankrupt for 4th time. GO LEAFS GO! :yo:

Leaf Rocket 03-04-2012 11:52 AM

LETS KICK THE BRUINS ASS! GO LEAFS GO! WOoooOOTTTT!!

Penalty Kill Icing* 03-04-2012 11:53 AM

And please keep the tank negativity out of this thread. This thread is for fans. Fans who want Leafs to win..

GO LEAFS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOTTTT.......... :D :yo: :party:

TrueBlue86 03-04-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ansah (Post 45488855)

they are not fourth line players though. carlyle is different than wilson. he wants to put shutdown players on the 3rd line, not necessarily best players available like wilson.

i could maybe see connolly on the 3rd line for one more year but i see no purpose for lombo. i'm not saying it'll be easy but burke has to figure out what to do with some guys.

i could actually see carlyle wanting to keep komi and transforming him (back) into an nhl dman.

raydizzle 03-04-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Mark Masters ‏ @markhmasters Close
Leafs' Connolly on the 4th line at practice along with Crabb, Brown and Lombardi
Thank you Carlyle

BonMorrison 03-04-2012 11:56 AM

I really, REALLY like the sounds of Kulemin - Steckel - Armstrong. It won't provide much offense but it sounds like a very good checking line.

htpwn 03-04-2012 11:58 AM

leafsfuture 03-04-2012 11:58 AM

So Steckel has passed Connolly in the pecking order... not surprised, as much as I dont like Steckel, Connolly just doesnt play the game hard.

And to be honest, when he was given a real chance to play, Steckel wasnt half bad. He works hard, he protects the puck well. His issue is getting into the play.

At least we know Carlyle isnt going to suck up to anyone

Cappayne 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing (Post 45489657)
And please keep the tank negativity out of this thread. This thread is for fans. Fans who want Leafs to win..

GO LEAFS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOTTTT.......... :D :yo: :party:

Tank talk is not negativity, and people who want the tank are not any less of a fan than people who aren't in that boat. I have been in tank nation because I feel it's in the best interests of the Maple Leafs, not because I hate the team and want them to lose. I still cheer as loud as ever when Grabo snipes, or when Schenn lays someone out, but at the end of the day, the best outcome for the Leafs, in my opinion, is a high draft pick since I feel this team has too many question marks to succeed at any level in the playoffs this season, should they even make it. And a 9th or 10th place finish is worst case scenario. So you can disagree with me - and others who have similar thoughts - but to consider us 'not fans' is blasphemy.

Having said that, once Wilson was fired, I really wanted to see the team succeed, especially after seeing the effort and play style exhibited in the Montreal game. If the team plays like that the rest of the season, I have no problem with a 8th-10th place finish. But if they only show up in half of the games, it's different.

GoodNewfieBoy 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

I can see the hate for Lombo but i dont think Connolly is near as bad as you guys make him out to be.

raydizzle 03-04-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Lance Hornby ‏ @sunhornby
Walked in MCC just as Carlyle was cross checking a shocked Jake Gardiner to prove a point about eliminating your man. Times have changed.
I'm really liking the new coach. HUGE improvement over Wilson, it's not even close

SeenSchenn2 03-04-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodCanadianBoy (Post 45490379)
I can see the hate for Lombo but i dont think Connolly is near as bad as you guys make him out to be.

Pretty much.

He's great defensively but some are too pissed to see that :laugh:

SprDaVE 03-04-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Lance Hornby ‏ @sunhornby

Walked in MCC just as Carlyle was cross checking a shocked Jake Gardiner to prove a point about eliminating your man. Times have changed.
Good times!

EDIT: Oops all ready posted... but still, good times!

GalacticaActual 03-04-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydizzle (Post 45490519)
I'm really liking the new coach. HUGE improvement over Wilson, it's not even close

Is it wrong that I giggled with glee when I read this? Oh man I'm getting so excited about our new coach.

And every time they showed Carlyle writing on his white board yesterday night I smiled. =D

Hurt 03-04-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydizzle (Post 45490519)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprDaVE (Post 45490651)
Good times!

EDIT: Oops all ready posted... but still, good times!

Hahaha 'A shocked Jake Gardiner'. That's gold, I can just imagine his expression now. But that's the benefit of having someone like Carlyle. He played the game at a high level for so many years and then got into the coaching aspect almost right away that he has watched the game evolve and can use his on-ice experience and bench experience to show the younger guys what needs to be done.

ForzaZuffa 03-04-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodCanadianBoy (Post 45490379)

Apparently Carlyle thinks he is :laugh:
Quote:

Jonas Siegel ‏ @jonasTSN1050 Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Armstrong joins third line with Steckel and Kulemin today. Connolly one of four on the fourth line.

Penalty Kill Icing* 03-04-2012 12:20 PM

Good on Carlyle. As good as Gardiner is, he is way too soft on opposition forwards. Got to punish when you got to punish.

Shows what a mess Wilson made of this team. :shakehead

Side bit: After last action of last night, Carlyle has Connolly on 4th line, not because he is a bad player or something, but he is our new ENFORCER!!! :naughty: