HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Matt Frattin - Ranked 4th. for TSN RW's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1126413)

Hawaiinleaf 03-04-2012 11:58 AM

Matt Frattin - Ranked 4th. for TSN RW's

Hopefully he will get his chance to stay for good now, nice to see 2 pts last night and good physical play

iArts 03-04-2012 12:00 PM

He will be a solid player in this league.

SprDaVE 03-04-2012 12:01 PM

Once if he finds a bit more consistency, he should be a solid player for sure.

We'll see how he does with the remaining games though.

Cmillz 03-04-2012 12:01 PM

Yep he had a solid game, but honestly he's was pretty good earlier in the year too. Ron Wilson just kept trying to get something out of Kulemin that he hasn't provided us all year. Those type of commitments get thrown out with a new coach, no one has earned anything with Carlyle yet. Randy put Frattin on the 2nd line and he proved to be solid. He saw that in the first that line generated some good scoring chances and he leaned on them more then the first line.

BonMorrison 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

If he can stay consistent and do the things he does best - skate fast, hit hard, fire shots that aren't directly at the goalie's crests - he'll be great. He should anchor our third line with Bozak.

TasteLikeBurning 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

He's got a great nhl level shot no doubt. With a new coach it's time to take his chance. Puck should leave his stick the moment it hits.

Liminality 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

I think Carlyle will really like Frattin. Imo Carlyle will at worst put him on the 3rd line once he gets what he wants out of his two top lines.

threeGo 03-04-2012 12:02 PM

I think Carlyle will use him very well. Wilson seemed like a prospect killer.

Cmillz 03-04-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeGo (Post 45490377)

Yep. I think Ron's persistence of keeping Kulemin on that second line for most of the season may have cost us a game or two. I honestly think Frattin will take his spot in the top six for the remainder of the year. Next year I think he'll be on the third line with some other play coming in to the top 6.

BertCorbeau 03-04-2012 12:08 PM

I hope that since Carlyle likes a physical, aggressive game he'll be able to get some more intensity out of Fratin. Kid's built like a truck on his skates, could wreck some havoc if he gets a little more intense.

BertCorbeau 03-04-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmillz (Post 45490611)
Yep. I think Ron's persistence of keeping Kulemin on that second line for most of the season may have cost us a game or two. I honestly think Frattin will take his spot in the top six for the remainder of the year. Next year I think he'll be on the third line with some other play coming in to the top 6.

I think that if Kule isn't producing, Carlyle will use him on the third line as a core part of his "checking line". Kule's all around game is still really good, so even if he's not scoring he'd be a good contributor in that type of role.

I'm also excited to see Kadri get a shot with Carlyle behind the bench. Kadri's got a bit of an edge to him, so hopefully Carlyle can get that added to his game.

feeel10 03-04-2012 12:19 PM

I wonder what this means to kadri. the guy will have to prove himself again to a new coach and that may be harder this time due to the fact carlyle likes having big strong players up front. Kadri will have to bring his physicality to a new level. hes thrown his weight around pretty well up here but he MUST add some strenght on his body if he wants to be used as a top6 foward by carlyle. Frattin definetly had a very good impression on RC. Can't wait to see how he will re-arrange our bottom 6!

Hawaiinleaf 03-04-2012 12:29 PM

If i was Frattin i would be very very happy with the coaching change, i think he is going to be given plenty of chances

number72 03-04-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feeel10 (Post 45491393)
I wonder what this means to kadri. the guy will have to prove himself again to a new coach and that may be harder this time due to the fact carlyle likes having big strong players up front. Kadri will have to bring his physicality to a new level. hes thrown his weight around pretty well up here but he MUST add some strenght on his body if he wants to be used as a top6 foward by carlyle. Frattin definetly had a very good impression on RC. Can't wait to see how he will re-arrange our bottom 6!

Carlyle had Selanne and Blake in his top 6 on the ducks

Mansfield 03-04-2012 12:50 PM

He's played well

even if he gets sent down, I can definitely see him playing full time next year

TheNorthFace 03-04-2012 12:52 PM

He's going to be a very good piece for us. Nice to see him finally getting that shot off. Probably only second to Kessel on this team in terms of release and power for his snapper or wrister. He can really slap the puck to which I'm hoping to see from him soon.

KeziaTML 03-04-2012 12:56 PM

Nice to see

Antropovsky 03-04-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 45491943)
If i was Frattin i would be very very happy with the coaching change, i think he is going to be given plenty of chances

Frattin had plenty of opportunity under Wilson, he was Wilson's pet, similarly to how Mitchell was. Frattin went back down to the minors, found his game, and is now more prepared to play at this level, you can't give Carlyle credit for this after just one game.

With that being said, this entire team should benefit from playing under more structure (not just Frattin alone), the only team that I could see flourishing beneath Ron Wilson, is a 100% healthy Pittsburgh lineup, or the Detroit Red Wings. Supremely skilled offensive teams, that would win more games then lose, when the game is opened up into a game of shinny.

mooseOAK* 03-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf (Post 45490069)
Hopefully he will get his chance to stay for good now, nice to see 2 pts last night and good physical play

Frattin has his chance to stay for good right now.

KlattNazty 03-04-2012 12:59 PM

He's built for the cycle game, but i think what will be interesting to see is whether or not he can find open space to let go of his shot.

mooseOAK* 03-04-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeGo (Post 45490377)

How many prospects that Ron Wilson developed would you like for me to list?

Raym11 03-04-2012 01:04 PM

He's better then Kadri. Maybe not more skilled, but i honestly think Frattin has the body, Speed, shot, to outproduce Kadri offensively.

Awaiting his 1-2 bad games in a row though as a rookie like earlier in the season that will have people wanting him in the minors because he cant put up 50 pts as a rookie.

Duffman955 03-04-2012 01:32 PM

Frattin looks like a very good third liner. His puck handling skills and offensive game isn't really suited for a top 6 position, although I may be proven wrong.

Antropovsky 03-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffman955 (Post 45495937)
Frattin looks like a very good third liner. His puck handling skills and offensive game isn't really suited for a top 6 position, although I may be proven wrong.

Players don't have to be great at handling the puck to be considered top 6 players, see Burrows for example. Frattin throws his body around with reckless abandon, has what appears to be a above average to elite shot, goes to the dirty areas, and plays with tons of heart. Ryan Callahan, Alex Burrows type future IMO. Also, he absolutely gift wrapped Grabovski's goal last night, and also gift wrapped Colborne's 1st NHL goal too.... I think his total offensive abilities are currently underrated, and we'll see more of what he can really do as he gains more confidence.

Leafan519 03-04-2012 01:42 PM

I said in a thread yesterday I think Frattin will become one of Carlyles golden boys and really win him over with that all out work ethic and his physical style of game. I think he'll be a permanet fixure on this team from here on out becuase we really don't have anybody who brings that element to their game on the top 3 lines up front besides Kulemin.

He had an excellent game last night and I think he'll be sticking around for the long haul this season, and make the team out of camp next year unless Burke makes some big powerforward additions in the summer.