HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Automatic Renewal? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1127483)

Paisano* 03-05-2012 05:12 PM

Automatic Renewal?

Went to check my account balance for tickets I sold through the Jackets exchange and was surprised to see the $400 plus balance I had was gone and used for ticket purchase on March 1. Apparently they have automatically renewed my season tickets without asking me! I tried calling my ticket rep but naturally I get voice mail. Anyone else get "renewed"?

Paisano* 03-05-2012 05:23 PM

Right after I posted this thread I received a call from my ticket rep. She said the system is designed to apply the money to a renewal but I still have to give approval so the money is still there even though the balance says zero. She says if I decide not to renew then they will send me a check for the balance. I told her if Scott Howson gets fired then renew me, if he stays, then the team obviously doesn't care about improving and I probably wouldn't renew...

650X2 03-05-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBum (Post 45558277)
Right after I posted this thread I received a call from my ticket rep. She said the system is designed to apply the money to a renewal but I still have to give approval so the money is still there even though the balance says zero. She says if I decide not to renew then they will send me a check for the balance. I told her if Scott Howson gets fired then renew me, if he stays, then the team obviously doesn't care about improving and I probably wouldn't renew...

so.... did they fire him?

joshjoshjosh 03-05-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Any ticket rep who says "This guy will renew if Howson is fired" gets buried under the end zone at The Meadowlands.

Trust me, I know a guy.

1857 Howitzer 03-05-2012 06:12 PM

Nothing new, any balance left on your account always gets applied to the new year unless you request it not too.

Mayor Bee 03-05-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh (Post 45560463)
Any ticket rep who says "This guy will renew if Howson is fired" gets buried under the end zone at The Meadowlands.

Trust me, I know a guy.

Funny you mention that. A friend of mine lives outside of NYC and had Giants' season tickets. A few years ago, he was called and asked if he was going to renew for the next season. He said that if Tom Coughlin was fired, then he'd do it, otherwise he was cancelling. He was asked if he'd like a couple of weeks to think it over, and he said that if Coughlin wasn't fired by then, he was cancelling. Same type of thing about "sending a message" and "not wanting to improve the team".

Two weeks passed, Coughlin wasn't fired, he cancelled for the next year, the Giants won the Super Bowl, and he hasn't been able to get back to season tickets ever since.

CapnCornelius 03-05-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 45561021)
Funny you mention that. A friend of mine lives outside of NYC and had Giants' season tickets. A few years ago, he was called and asked if he was going to renew for the next season. He said that if Tom Coughlin was fired, then he'd do it, otherwise he was cancelling. He was asked if he'd like a couple of weeks to think it over, and he said that if Coughlin wasn't fired by then, he was cancelling. Same type of thing about "sending a message" and "not wanting to improve the team".

Two weeks passed, Coughlin wasn't fired, he cancelled for the next year, the Giants won the Super Bowl, and he hasn't been able to get back to season tickets ever since.

The Giants made the playoffs that season and lost (for the second year in the row) in the wild card round of the playoffs. Not exactly apples and oranges.

1857 Howitzer 03-05-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 45561339)
The Giants made the playoffs that season and lost (for the second year in the row) in the playoffs. Not exactly apples and oranges.

Don't think he was trying to make a direct compassion. It was just a similar story and the comment about The Meadowlands brought it full circle.

BTW Bee your friend was not to smart there. At least with the Jackets you do not have to deal with a 20 year waiting list to get your tickets back. :laugh:

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 07:31 PM

Tell me about it...My grandfather put me on the Green Bay Packers season ticket list when I was 5..21 years and waiting. Although were adding 6k new seats this summer.I will still have over 7000+ in front of me...ill be dead. Kinda weird about 1/3 of new season ticket holders who's "turn comes up" is because the previous owner is now deceased .

CapnCornelius 03-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45563637)
Tell me about it...My grandfather put me on the Green Bay Packers season ticket list when I was 5..21 years and waiting. Although were adding 6k new seats this summer.I will still have over 7000+ in front of me...ill be dead. Kinda weird about 1/3 of new season ticket holders who's "turn comes up" is because the previous owner is now deceased .

Look at it this way--they will likely expand Lambeau again in your lifetime, by which time you'll probably be within a few hundred of having your number called. :)

I'm on the Cubs wait list just for the heck of it. Figure by the time I get called they may actually have a chance of winning a World Series.

Bobcat110 03-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBum (Post 45557735)
Went to check my account balance for tickets I sold through the Jackets exchange and was surprised to see the $400 plus balance I had was gone and used for ticket purchase on March 1. Apparently they have automatically renewed my season tickets without asking me! I tried calling my ticket rep but naturally I get voice mail. Anyone else get "renewed"?

Well...they tried to trade you for another season ticket holder, but just couldn't get the right offer...the price was too high...it had to be...your just too valuable as a fan for the team.:nod:

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 45563853)
Look at it this way--they will likely expand Lambeau again in your lifetime, by which time you'll probably be within a few hundred of having your number called. :)

I'm on the Cubs wait list just for the heck of it. Figure by the time I get called they may actually have a chance of winning a World Series.

Wow Cubs fan too eh?

Actually transferring to the plant we have in Chilton Wisconsin in September of this year. I just hope I can get them before I am 50, and Lambeau field makes it that long.

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45564501)
Wow Cubs fan too eh?

Actually transferring to the plant we have in Chilton Wisconsin in September of this year. I just hope I can get them before I am 50, and Lambeau field makes it that long.

Oh, and have you ever been to Wrigley Field? Me and my buddy Mark are planning a trip sometimed this year (Hes a Reds fan).

CapnCornelius 03-05-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45564573)
Oh, and have you ever been to Wrigley Field? Me and my buddy Mark are planning a trip sometimed this year (Hes a Reds fan).

Yeah, I've been to Wrigley. I like old stadiums like it because they really are built for two things--watching the game and drinking beer. Not a bunch of bells and whistles and nonsense.

That said, I'd say PNC is probably the best of the new era of ballparks because they at least got the field views right.

Great American, by contrast is garish and makes me long for Riverfront.

Derby 03-05-2012 07:57 PM

Camden Yards. Great "new" ballpark, if 20 yrs old is considered new.

Fenway had the best all around vibe, even though the sight lines were atrocious, even from the "good seats". Can't beat Boston for baseball atmosphere.

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 08:07 PM

I would love to go to Fenway. Never been to Wrigley either. I do miss Riverfront. I was lucky enough to see Griffey AND Sosa hit HR in the same game there. My two favorite players of all time.

Capn maybe you should make the road trip with us. I know im new here and all. Just throwing it out as an idear. We would like to do a weekend game prefer a Friday night staying all weekend then would come back Sunday by the evening.

JACKETfan 03-05-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Ballsy.

And I applaud.

leesmith 03-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat110 (Post 45564031)
Well...they tried to trade you for another season ticket holder, but just couldn't get the right offer...the price was too high...it had to be...your just too valuable as a fan for the team.:nod:

I'm glad they held firm. He's worth two top six fans, two prospective fans and a draft pick. :sarcasm:

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 10:16 PM

Speaking of season tickets....I want to buy my father a set of two for next year. When I went to request info - they still had "Win an autographed ...blah blah blah from new Blue Jacket Jeff Carter. Have left messages online and filled out all kind of forms. Hoping ill get something in the mail soon that isnt out dated as if an.automatic response...seems all ive gotten.

1857 Howitzer 03-05-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45573989)
Speaking of season tickets....I want to buy my father a set of two for next year. When I went to request info - they still had "Win an autographed ...blah blah blah from new Blue Jacket Jeff Carter. Have left messages online and filled out all kind of forms. Hoping ill get something in the mail soon that isnt out dated as if an.automatic response...seems all ive gotten.

If you would like PM me and I can give you the name and number to my ticket rep. He has been very helpful this season and I am sure he will help you with anything you need.

jag72 03-05-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45573989)

I talked to my ticket rep today and she stated that Monday 3/12 would be the day that STH renewals would begin. Last year they also put on sale any seat that was currently available at that time.

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jag72 (Post 45574781)
I talked to my ticket rep today and she stated that Monday 3/12 would be the day that STH renewals would begin. Last year they also put on sale any seat that was currently available at that time.

Not renewing...Simply want to get these for my father. Assume id have to drop twice as much in value for the PSLs as compared to season ticket prices?

jag72 03-05-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45575061)
Not renewing...Simply want to get these for my father. Assume id have to drop twice as much in value for the PSLs as compared to season ticket prices?

I know your not renewing but my point was that the sales for the next season started the same time the renewals started. This is how I got my tickets last year. I purchased the day the renewals came out for the STHers. The PSL will really depend on where you get your tickets. My PSL was only $250 ($50 per year for 5 years) per seat. I am not close to the ice but I love my seats as I am almost center ice.

BlueJacket2 03-05-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jag72 (Post 45575369)
I know your not renewing but my point was that the sales for the next season started the same time the renewals started. This is how I got my tickets last year. I purchased the day the renewals came out for the STHers. The PSL will really depend on where you get your tickets. My PSL was only $250 ($50 per year for 5 years) per seat. I am not close to the ice but I love my seats as I am almost center ice.

Im looking at center ice in 201- or around the area. Nothing to close.

1857 Howitzer 03-05-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 (Post 45576065)
Im looking at center ice in 201- or around the area. Nothing to close.

Not sure if it has changed but that area used to be $1,250 per sear for the PSL and the tickets will be around $1,700 per seat.