HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Tremblay: Gauthier Running Habs like KGB (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1128975)

Hugo Sham 03-07-2012 08:49 AM

Tremblay: Gauthier Running Habs like KGB

says molson won't be able to can him because Gauthier will fire cunneyworth and buy himself some more time

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...n-regne-de-fou

WeThreeKings 03-07-2012 08:51 AM

Molson owns the team and can fire who he wants.

Gauthiers GMing is on another level than coaching. Any idiot with a peanut sized brain can see Gauthier is one fo the worst GMs in the league. Him and Scott Howson must be best friends.

Agnostic 03-07-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHill Seeker (Post 45670691)
says molson won't be able to can him because Gauthier will fire cunneyworth and buy himself some more time

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...n-regne-de-fou

So keeping your job is as easy as firing a coach every few months?

Doubt it.
Start packing goats.

Habs 4 Life 03-07-2012 08:56 AM

If Molson doesn't fire Gauthier the day after the regular season ends, I might give up on this team. I will never have faith with Molson as president

Hugo Sham 03-07-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 45670835)
If Molson doesn't fire Gauthier the day after the regular ends, I might give up on this team. I will never have faith with Molson as president

This. there's not a moment to waste with high draft pick and RFA's / UFA's

habdynasty 03-07-2012 09:03 AM

Pack your bags mr Burns the clock is ticking.

MM425 03-07-2012 09:05 AM

He and Cunneyworth are gone at the end of the year. I would have thought that would be a foregone conclusion by now.

Gives them the entire Stanley Cup playoffs to search for a new GM... though my guess is it's Julien Briesbois' job to have.

Beakermania* 03-07-2012 09:06 AM

:handclap: A Re-Jaune Tremblay hatchet job, I knew something was missing around here. Can someone please put Tremblay and Jack Todd out to pasture?

Habs 4 Life 03-07-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 45671099)
:handclap: A Re-Jaune Tremblay hatchet job, I knew something was missing around here. Can someone please put Tremblay and Jack Todd out to pasture?

I ain't no Tremblay fan but if he wants to get Gauthier fired he would get my vote

Coldplay 03-07-2012 09:15 AM

Christ - I don't tend to believe the old man, but this doesn't seem all that unlikely to me. Gauthier seems like a freak.

llamateizer 03-07-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habdynasty (Post 45671027)
Pack your bags mr Burns the clock is ticking.

tick tick tick... that's the sound of your GM job running out

hogtownhabsfan* 03-07-2012 09:16 AM

RC will definitely be sent packing, but I for one hope PG stick around. When you actually look one by one at all the moves he's made, he's done a good job. The Markov signing was a mistake though.

Habs 4 Life 03-07-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 45671365)
RC will definitely be sent packing, but I for one hope PG stick around. When you actually look one by one at all the moves he's made, he's done a good job. The Markov signing was a mistake though.

There is not 1 GM that does a good job when his team finishes dead last in his conference. Please this guy is a freaking moron and needs to be fired the day after the last game of the season. I have been saying it since January, this is not the guy you want going forward with. He has no vision and has no idea how to build a solid hockey team

Andy 03-07-2012 09:25 AM

How does Tremblay know how the KGB is run? Unless.......OMG!:amazed:

hogtownhabsfan* 03-07-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 45671425)
There is not 1 GM that does a good job when his team finishes dead last in his conference. Please this guy is a freaking moron and needs to be fired the day after the last game of the season. I have been saying it since January, this is not the guy you want going forward with. He has no vision and has no idea how to build a solid hockey team

You seem to be confusing the GMs job with the coaches job.

1. It is the GMs job to acquire talent.
2. It is the Coaches job to get the most out of that talent.

From a talent standpoint, I like what PG has done. He traded Halak for Lars Eller and instilled confidence in Price. He brought in Cole who has been the perfect role model for Pacioretty. He was able to get Emelin over and in a Habs jersey. He drafted Beaulieu and Tinordi (huge Tinordi fan). He flipped Cammy and his contract for Bourque saving 5 million in cap room over the next 2 years. He's single handedly reshaping the roster from smurfs to one with size.

habs03 03-07-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 45671425)

Oh man please, look at the Devils last year, and this year, look at Philly in 07.

Everything that could possible go wrong this year, has gone wrong. Does PG deserve blame, hell ya, all of it, no.

I hope he gets replaced at the end of the season because there is somone else that is better, but I hope he isn't fired just for the sake of chance.

PPL make him seem worse than what he is. If you look at all his moves all have been "meh", nothing great nothing bad.

There is just a witch hunt vs him, ppl call him unprofessional because he actually tells a player he is traded, but can't tell him where to until its offical, and yet when you bring up clase like players finding out thru the media like in the cases of Jack Johnson, Nick Schultz just a few weeks ago, they all go quiet

Heck I remember being a thread how this might have been the deepest team MTL has iced for a long time. Our lineup was actually suppose to look like

Cammy-Plek-Cole
Patches-Gomez-Gio
DD-Eller-AK
Moen-Betts/Noke-White/Darche

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Emelin/Daiz/Weber/Campoli

PricePkPatch 03-07-2012 09:28 AM

Isn't this a bit insulting to the KGB?

TheBuriedHab 03-07-2012 09:29 AM

I was trying to like PG as a GM. Liked the Cole move, liked the Markov signing, Liked the Gorges signing. But not shopping Cammy enough, trading him mid game, trading for Kaberle, waiting till game 60+ to get a legitimate tough guy, having a defense of Campoli,Diaz,Weber, and Kaberle, apologizing for hiring Randy Cunneyworth while he is still on the job have been too much all in one season. I'm sorry but we are being perceived around the league as a joke now. That hurts. PG just doesn't get what the habs are.

Corncob 03-07-2012 09:32 AM

Ha, I knew it! Gaulthier has successfully planted deep penetration agents within the organisations likely to challenge for the Stanley Cup (Halak, Pouliot, Lapierre, Gill, Kostitsyn) and those plucky agents are even now working behind enemy lines at great personal risk in order to steal the blueprints to success for the motherland!

Wait, that's not what he means?

Corncob 03-07-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 45671365)

In a position like that you don't get judged on the moves you make, you get judged on the results you deliver. He's gone, and rightly so.

Agnostic 03-07-2012 09:34 AM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

hogtownhabsfan* 03-07-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtacular (Post 45671775)
In a position like that you don't get judged on the moves you make, you get judged on the results you deliver. He's gone, and rightly so.

So his head should roll because of injuries and crapy coaching? I prefer to look at things less black and white, and more for what they are...

Corncob 03-07-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 45671661)
Isn't this a bit insulting to the KGB?

Viewed with awe by rivals through the sixties and seventies, now seen as a bit of a joke, haven't acheived anything of relevance since the early 90's, seems a fair comparison.

Corncob 03-07-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 45671821)
So his head should roll because of injuries and crapy coaching? I prefer to look at things less black and white, and more for what they are...

Injuries not so much. Although other teams have had long term injuries to key players and aren't the third worst team in the league (Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia come to mind).

I would have though that 'crappy coaching' was entirely within the area of responsibility of the GM however?

hogtownhabsfan* 03-07-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtacular (Post 45671925)
Injuries not so much. Although other teams have had long term injuries to key players and aren't the third worst team in the league (Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia come to mind).

I would have though that 'crappy coaching' was entirely within the area of responsibility of the GM however?

The RC hire has been a disaster, but assuming that is rectified this offseason, I don't think PG should be fired because of that.