HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: SF Bulls Jersey Release (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1129419)

Rem 03-07-2012 05:38 PM

SF Bulls Jersey Release

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...52991722_n.jpg

Ehh. Looks like a mix between Anaheim and Buffalo's old black jersey with a hint of Philly's contrast name plates. I do NOT like that they're using a very similar, if not the same, number font as the Ducks. Its bad enough the colors are almost the same.

They did update the logo - thank god, although its not that great. There's no pics of it on the orange jersey but I suspect its not going to pop very well with gold on orange, as you can see with the arm stripe of the white jersey.

Overall, this looks thrown together. Pretty damn sloppy.

I give it a 4/10.

My beer league jerseys look WAAAAAAAY better.

StreetSharks 03-07-2012 06:04 PM

Orange = Giants.

pretty much, they want to appeal to all the fans in SF.

West Coast Bias* 03-07-2012 06:18 PM

A jersey in Ducks colors on the Ducks template? Why?

And contrasting nameplates? Oh boy.

Thresher 03-07-2012 06:22 PM

It's the Mighty Sens of SF Kinders

GO THUNDER GO!

:yo:

Nighthock 03-07-2012 07:06 PM

nice Sabres jerseys ... what is this, 1996?

TheJuxtaposer 03-07-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 45700997)
nice Sabres jerseys ... what is this, 1996?

Grab and clutch. :sarcasm:

SactoShork 03-07-2012 07:57 PM

Icky.

bluefunnel 03-07-2012 07:59 PM

I hate contrasting nameplates.

Brent Burns 03-07-2012 08:21 PM

Look like beer league jerseys created from a 1998 template, awful.

And I absolutely cannot BELIEVE they used the Ducks' font for the numbers. Seriously? One of the Sharks' biggest rivals? Should have just called them the SF Swans

SactoShork 03-07-2012 08:45 PM

Shoulda revived the Mooterus...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oteruslogo.png

SonomaShark 03-08-2012 12:09 AM

I was at the unveiling today. They actually look better in person, but I did give the CEO crap about the Ducks colors (it was decided before he came on-board). I can tell you that they will NOT be Ducks affiliates, but that's all I can say right now.

SonomaShark 03-08-2012 12:20 AM

Oh, and I hung out and chatted with David Maley for quite a while. He's really a good guy.

sharksohnoes! 03-08-2012 01:45 AM

Posh. I broke this this morning when it happened hehe I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping they would be awesome. The ducks font kills me. That being said, I'll probably buy one and I'm going to the Cow Palace on Saturday to pick out my seats for next season :yo:

TealTownUSA 03-08-2012 10:37 AM

when the xfl brought in the sf demons it was red/white/black. chicago bulls have that colorway, why dup them?

4/10 is a fair assessment. would be 5 looks like duck season...BOOOOOO!

Lee Van Cleef* 03-08-2012 11:27 AM

Could you say that's a Bulls hit?

Rude 03-08-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan (Post 45714923)
I can tell you that they will NOT be Ducks affiliates, but that's all I can say right now.

Curious. I thought maybe that's what they were angling for with those colors. But i suppose the Ducks are already aligned with the Jackals. Hmmm... are there any NHL teams that don't have an ECHL affiliate right now?

-Rude

one2gamble 03-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rude (Post 45727699)
Curious. I thought maybe that's what they were angling for with those colors. But i suppose the Ducks are already aligned with the Jackals. Hmmm... are there any NHL teams that don't have an ECHL affiliate right now?

-Rude

the NHL doesnt really need echl affiliates. Though, if the Sharks ever get prospects again I could see them taking on an echl affiliate of their own instead of sharing the Thunder with the oil.

I could also see the Oilers wanting an affiliate a bit closer to their ahl team in OKC though.

SonomaShark 03-08-2012 01:21 PM

We talked about the color scheme a lot, and the colors were picked to align with the Giants. I do plan on sending them an email about the Ducks font. Perhaps it's not too late to get that changed :)

Also, when talking with one of the owners, at length, about the Sharks, he's pretty furious, he doesn't think the Sharks will make the playoffs (unless they suddenly and dramatically change), and said that he thinks that DW should be fired at the end of the season. Great guy, funny as heck!

one2gamble 03-08-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan (Post 45731769)
We talked about the color scheme a lot, and the colors were picked to align with the Giants. I do plan on sending them an email about the Ducks font. Perhaps it's not too late to get that changed :)

Also, when talking with one of the owners, at length, about the Sharks, he's pretty furious, he doesn't think the Sharks will make the playoffs (unless they suddenly and dramatically change), and said that he thinks that DW should be fired at the end of the season. Great guy, funny as heck!

I dont mind the ducks font, I dont even mind the colors. That logo though, is ****ing terrible even compared to all the other echl franchises. They need to ditch the circle around the bulls head and make that bull a lot more pissed off, maybe even put **** fuming out of its nose. That logo, would make a perfect shoulder patch but as a main crest it sucks

or they could have been the sf ferries and had rainbow jerseys ;)

Chaotic8 03-09-2012 05:51 PM

Not too bad. Though opinions are like *******s.

sharksohnoes! 03-09-2012 07:37 PM

I can't believe they still haven't released any quality photos. I really want to see the front of the orange jersey.

Rude 03-09-2012 08:26 PM

I think i'm going to that open house thingie at the Cow Palace tomorrow. I'll see if i can get a picture of the orange jersey or something~

-Rude

Nighthock 03-09-2012 09:22 PM

Wait ... that's orange?

Here I thought it was red. Orange makes it worse!

SactoShork 03-09-2012 09:33 PM

SF Bears would've been the best.

SonomaShark 03-09-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! (Post 45811881)
I can't believe they still haven't released any quality photos. I really want to see the front of the orange jersey.

I went around behind and looked at it. It pretty much looks like the white one, except orange. I should have taken a picture.