HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Will rats be banned in the playoffs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1129607)

Mavs3441 03-07-2012 10:55 PM

Will rats be banned in the playoffs?

What do you fellas think. If (don't want to jinx it) our kitties make the playoffs, will rats be banned?

It would be neat (though highly unlikely) if they just let the fans shower the rink after every goal. It would be the end of an 11 year drought after all, can't blame us for being excited right (too bad I live in Cali, I would throw a rat after every goal personally).

Just gotta have the terminix guys ready right?

Shockley 03-07-2012 11:11 PM

Already a rule..
Quote:

63.4-Objects Thrown on the Ice In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed. Refer also to Rule 53.6 when spectator interference occurs during a breakaway.

AaronEkbald 03-08-2012 12:01 AM

Premature

Laus723 03-08-2012 12:27 AM

Already rule, can't do anything post game. And they're not kitties! ;)

Mavs3441 03-08-2012 01:20 AM

I know it's a rule. In fact. It's always been a rule. the ruler was there when the Panthers made their cup run, but the league let it go. I'm wondering, and hoping if they let it go again this year if they make it.

Laus723 03-08-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavs3441 (Post 45716399)
I know it's a rule. In fact. It's always been a rule. the ruler was there when the Panthers made their cup run, but the league let it go. I'm wondering, and hoping if they let it go again this year if they make it.

It'll never be like it was in '96. I hope people at the games realize that.

Panthers are Red 03-08-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

63.4-Objects Thrown on the Ice – In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed. Refer also to Rule 53.6 when spectator interference occurs during a breakaway.
I reckon we could call play-off goals or at least important goals during play-off games as special occasions and therefore be allowed to throw rats.

Laus723 03-08-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers are Red (Post 45717135)
I reckon we could call play-off goals or at least important goals during play-off games as special occasions and therefore be allowed to throw rats.

You reckon wrong, a playoff goal is not akin to a hattrick.

Panthers are Red 03-08-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 45718445)
You reckon wrong, a playoff goal is not akin to a hattrick.

I dunno in the last 10 years I I'd say we have a few more hattrick's than playoff goals.

angry_treefrog 03-08-2012 07:24 AM

The rules are pretty clear.

If fans start throwing rats after goals, the team will be assessed a minor penalty.

I worry about this a great deal - when the bandwagon fans come, that's what they will want to do. It's one of the reasons I was against the idea of the team selling them at Pantherland.

I love tradition, but I'll be :rant::madfire: if rat throwing costs us a game.

Panthers are Red 03-08-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 45719451)

If fans start throwing rats after goals, the team will be assessed a minor penalty.

I worry about this a great deal - when the bandwagon fans come, that's what they will want to do. It's one of the reasons I was against the idea of the team selling them at Pantherland.

Yeah, I really don't want it to cost us a game by giving away a silly penalty. The rule does seem to have leniency of the first time something is thrown on ice so hopefully any idiots that would be tempted to do it at the wrong time would have chucked their rats then.

pb1300 03-08-2012 07:36 AM

Lets make the playoffs first, and then we can talk about all these things. We need to focus on tonight, and all give this team as much positive, reinforcing energy we can spare.

nicole 03-08-2012 07:39 AM

they already ban throwing any stuff on the ice at games. it wont be allowed, but they'll throw them anyways! :D

Beezer 03-08-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 45719451)

I worry about this a great deal - when the bandwagon fans come, that's what they will want to do. It's one of the reasons I was against the idea of the team selling them
at Pantherland.

I see no problem waiting till after the game to throw the rats.

my worry is if we get opposing teams fans throwing the rats just to get their team a PP!

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 45720429)
my worry is if we get opposing teams fans throwing the rats just to get their team a PP!

That's why the Panthers have to attract enough fans to fill the building so opposing fans have a hard time getting tickets :)

Beezer 03-08-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk (Post 45728949)
That's why the Panthers have to attract enough fans to fill the building so opposing fans have a hard time getting tickets :)

Agreed but you know those opposing teams will have fans in the stands.

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-08-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 45732851)
Agreed but you know those opposing teams will have fans in the stands.

Yeah, unfortunately with South Florida being the transplant capital of the world, you'll always see some Habs, Rangers, Flyers, Leafs, Penguins, Bruins, and Red Wings fans there.

nhlfan9191 03-11-2012 07:18 AM

They will be band like marijuana. Won't stop people from doing it.

FinallyWeissIsGone 03-12-2012 09:16 AM

Throwing rats DURING games (regular or playoffs) has been banned for over 15 years.

/end discussion