HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Rob Schremp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1130183)

wKetch22 03-08-2012 05:37 PM

Rob Schremp

Any Modo fans out there?

How is he doing? Has his game improved?

Any chance he comes back to the NHL next year?

BIitz 03-09-2012 04:10 AM

Stickhandling his way to a league near you

Tomas W 03-09-2012 05:19 AM

I'm not a Modo fan, but I think he's doing pretty well. The NHL shouldnt be an impossiblity for him.

Ferros 03-09-2012 05:54 AM

I'm not a Modo fan but to me Schremp seemes to be quite streaky. You don't notice him for a few games and then suddenly he scores 5 points in 3 games.

Though I think his play is more suited for the bigger rinks and the less physical Elitserien than in NA. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Europe (Elitserien/KHL) for a few years now.

I think that there are plenty of other players in Elitserien that are more sutited to go overseas than Schremp. Would he have been a swedish player that never had played in NHL before there would probably not be that much interest in him at all from NHL clubs (don't know if there is now either, I doubt it).

Systemfel 03-09-2012 07:51 AM

He's been good but he's not gonna make the NHL at age 26-27. Just doesn't skate well enough.

wKetch22 03-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferros (Post 45784801)
I'm not a Modo fan but to me Schremp seemes to be quite streaky. You don't notice him for a few games and then suddenly he scores 5 points in 3 games.

Though I think his play is more suited for the bigger rinks and the less physical Elitserien than in NA. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Europe (Elitserien/KHL) for a few years now.

I think that there are plenty of other players in Elitserien that are more sutited to go overseas than Schremp. Would he have been a swedish player that never had played in NHL before there would probably not be that much interest in him at all from NHL clubs (don't know if there is now either, I doubt it).

Thats kind of how I saw it. I occasionally check his stats and he has been doing decent.

I ask because I saw an interview awhile ago and he said someting about how playing over there will help him get better and maybe eventually return to the NHL.

Its a one year contract he has right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIitz (Post 45784171)
Stickhandling his way to a league near you

haha I hope so... he was the man on Long Island

bp spec 03-13-2012 09:31 AM

Think he's on the move to the KHL after this season.

TheFatOne 03-14-2012 02:46 PM

Rob who?

LiveeviL 03-14-2012 05:19 PM

He won the game for Modo tonight with his penalty shot in OT. Modo got 1-2 in the first play-of round thanks to Schremp.

atomragnar 03-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveeviL (Post 46076187)
He won the game for Modo tonight with his penalty shot in OT. Modo got 1-2 in the first play-of round thanks to Schremp.

Unfair statement. Schremp played well sure and thank god for his cool on penalties and will to become the "hero" :handclap:.
But there is no argueing the fact that without Tellqvists play he would never have gotten that chance. Tellqvist clearly outstanding in that game especially looking at how horrible modos defense is (:help:). So thanks Mikael Tellqvist.

Petey21 03-17-2012 05:00 PM

Rob has some mad skills, and also a great slapper.

The last regular season game went to OT as it was a tied game, but the outcome of the game didn't matter for neither team, so Rob decided to put on a little show with his stick skills, as seen in this video. He didn't score, but the fans loved it. :)