HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Biron = Vally = Brutal = Goodbye (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1130289)

Whoot Whoot 03-08-2012 07:52 PM

Biron = Vally = Brutal = Goodbye

Biron hasn't had a decent game in months. He is brutal at the five hole and in shootouts. Hopeless in making a clutch save. No rebound control. Lackluster reflex; hopeless anticipation. He is not playing better then Vally was two seasons ago when he was suddenly outted for Chad Ochocinco.

In the first period 4 shots two goals and two posts. I just can't deal with this.

Very unsatisfactory 2012 at this position.

racer90 03-08-2012 07:58 PM

the first goal he gave up was a real downer. Im sure he knows he should've had that one.
The past few games he hasn't been playing well, but he has played some big games for us this season. Im 50/50 on Biron at this point.

Dr. Ogrodnick 03-08-2012 08:07 PM

I think its late enough in the season to phase Biron out. He has served his purpose.

vladmyir111 03-08-2012 08:12 PM

There are what 15 or 16 games left? Don't think he should be seeing more than 3 or 4 more. If he wins one or two of them, great.

Whoot Whoot 03-08-2012 08:19 PM

Cant let in a goal on a shot from the outside of the circle in no traffic - that is Minor League stuff.
Even though Mitchell had a bad giveaway you have to kick a rebound out of the crease and shut your legs.

This guy is bad for morale. 2 goals on 4 shots. Come on.

bettercallstaal 03-08-2012 08:32 PM

He's been pretty brutal lately. I think it's about time for Henrik to play through.

noupf 03-08-2012 08:34 PM

Biron is not really the problem here.........its the offense. Maybe this team should try to win a game without replying on the goalie to stealing the win.

perhaps the powerplay could score a goal or two........just an idea :handclap:

PassShootScore 03-08-2012 08:35 PM

eventho he didn't play great the Rangers only scored 1 just 1 goal you can win a game in the NHL by scoring one goal

Janerixon 03-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noupf (Post 45760189)
Biron is not really the problem here.........its the offense. Maybe this team should try to win a game without replying on the goalie to stealing the win.

perhaps the powerplay could score a goal or two........just an idea :handclap:

Biron let in 2 goals on 4 shots... He couldn't stop a beach ball to start the game let alone a puck. He should not be playing, we should be riding Hank.

Kel Varnsen 03-08-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot (Post 45754489)
Biron hasn't had a decent game in months. He is brutal at the five hole and in shootouts. Hopeless in making a clutch save. No rebound control. Lackluster reflex; hopeless anticipation. He is not playing better then Vally was two seasons ago when he was suddenly outted for Chad Ochocinco.

In the first period 4 shots two goals and two posts. I just can't deal with this.

Very unsatisfactory 2012 at this position.

He's the backup. He plays to keep Hank fresh for the playoffs, not because he gives us the best chance to win that night.

Net Front Presence 03-08-2012 09:03 PM

If I ever see him play again, it will be too soon.

Janerixon 03-08-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen (Post 45763693)
Chill bro.

You think we lose this game in regulation of Hank is playing? We probably go into OT tied 1-1, as soon as I saw Biron was playing I got an uneasy feeling, but as a fan I tried to stay positive. Biron has been garbage for months, I figured they would have played Hank and given Biron a chance for redemption against the Hawks, but hey Torts decisions usually don't make any sense.

Janerixon 03-08-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1shop (Post 45763913)
if i ever see him play again, it will be too soon.

this^

Kel Varnsen 03-08-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon (Post 45764019)
You think we lose this game in regulation of Hank is playing? We probably go into OT tied 1-1, as soon as I saw Biron was playing I got an uneasy feeling, but as a fan I tried to stay positive. Biron has been garbage for months, I figured they would have played Hank and given Biron a chance for redemption against the Hawks, but hey Torts decisions usually don't make any sense.

Ah, you got me just before I edited my post. These frustration threads frustrate me. Not for the reasons they frustrate the OP either. They frustrate me because they don't seem to understand why things happened the way they did. It's just a lack of hockey IQ on the part of those that start these kind of things.

Biron played so we will win in the playoffs with Hank in the net, not so we'd win this game.

Janerixon 03-08-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen (Post 45764555)
Ah, you got me just before I edited my post. These frustration threads frustrate me. Not for the reasons they frustrate the OP either. They frustrate me because they don't seem to understand why things happened the way they did. It's just a lack of hockey IQ on the part of those that start these kind of things.

Biron played so we will win in the playoffs with Hank in the net, not so we'd win this game.

I'd rather win a game vs the Sens, a team that has given us trouble all season long (blown lead earlier in the season that I saw in person) and we could face in the playoffs. If we face the Hawks it will be in the Cup finals, I just don't see the point in playing Hank vs the Hawks and we should be riding Hank. He was the only reason we were even in the Devils game, Biron should take a seat for the rest of the year as he has not been up to task.

Whoot Whoot 03-08-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Sir, I assure you I have no "lack of hockey iq" - what a broadly arrogant thing to state.

Back on topic, regardless of the constant reminder of henrik's rest, it is time to try and win some of these games by calling upon our farm teams and most notibly CJ who has had very positive results at this level. Boron seems past his expiration date.

petejudge 03-08-2012 09:31 PM

if pittsburgh weren't playing out of their minds right now i wouldn't mind so much, but i'd like to hold onto this #1 seed. i'd like to see biron play 3 of the next 14 games and then have the king take over for the last 2 weeks into the playoffs.

park rangers 03-08-2012 09:33 PM

with the way Biron's been playing, I wouldn't mind a glimpse of Chad Dosnueve

trilobyte 03-08-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Oh really? Now, that is just too much.

CM Lundqvist 03-08-2012 09:51 PM

I agree, brutal. He needs to stop playing.

SwedishBullet62 03-08-2012 09:57 PM

i agree hes been brutal his last 5 starts or so, the teams not really playing up to what the need to in front of him either like they were earlier in the season.

cant help but think the contract negotiations brooks reported a while back have something to do with it, seams from there everythings gone downhill with his game, biggest thing has been horrific rebound control.

broadwayblue 03-08-2012 10:22 PM

When you score 1 goal it's pretty hard to pin losses on your goalie.

Why don't we fire our power play coach instead?

Blueshirt Believer 03-08-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 (Post 45769935)
i agree hes been brutal his last 5 starts or so, the teams not really playing up to what the need to in front of him either like they were earlier in the season.

cant help but think the contract negotiations brooks reported a while back have something to do with it, seams from there everythings gone downhill with his game, biggest thing has been horrific rebound control.

Defensively, the Rangers were NOT horrific tonight. They only had a couple of mistakes(but what team doesn't).

There wasn't much defensive breakdowns on the first two goals. Marty was terrible on both of them imo.

The third goal had some weak back checking, but Marty still gave up a bad rebound. However, I can't get livid on that goal. Still, Marty was the worst player on the ice tonight.

CM Lundqvist 03-08-2012 10:32 PM

5 starts?

I'd say Biron hasn't been impressive in his last 6-7 starts. If it's contract negotiations that are the problem, then he needs to sit until a deal is negotiated or it's decided that he's gone at the end of the year.

Can't afford to keep losing games like this against teams like Jersey and Ottawa who we should be beating the **** out of. These teams are one-trick ponies with average defenses and goaltending. We should be FEASTING on these teams.

Hockey Team 03-08-2012 10:46 PM

It's not contract negotiations, gimmie a break.

"I'm negotiating a contract right now, better play like crap!"

WTF, no.