HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   GDT: Jets @ Flames | Fri Mar 9 | 8PM CT | Game 69 | MS Paint Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1130531)

King Woodballs 03-09-2012 12:00 AM

Jets @ Flames | Fri Mar 9 | 8PM CT | Game 69 | MS Paint Edition

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8934/jetsvscgy.png

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5959/jetbomb.png

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2387/jetslineup.png

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/567/flameslineup.png

The line ups will be updated at some point tomorrow, as more info is available (ie: Mason starting instead of Pavs)

sixty minute hockey 03-09-2012 12:00 AM

First!

Still slightly disappointed about the lack of pre game thread though... ;)

King Woodballs 03-09-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixty minute hockey (Post 45780187)
First!

lol now I know why you were pressing me haha

FBS 03-09-2012 12:02 AM

WE GOT THIS

(....right?)

sixty minute hockey 03-09-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 45780223)
lol now I know why you were pressing me haha

You caught me :naughty:

but that wasn't the reason :shakehead

I do get now what you meant by "not fancy" but it is still awesome! A for effort + for the fighter jet!

King Woodballs 03-09-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixty minute hockey (Post 45780317)
You caught me :naughty:

but that wasn't the reason :shakehead

no worries!

Oignon Saute 03-09-2012 12:06 AM

From the other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romang67 (Post 45779939)
Thing is, we're like 1-9 or something like that in back-to-backs.

Well I hope you guys break the trend tomorrow night. For Winnipeg and Calgary's sake. I live in cowtown and I want to see the team here rebuild, get some young exciting players to play with Bartschi. And obviously I want to see the Jets in the playoffs, any fan of hockey should!

5-2 Jets!

Klaus 03-09-2012 12:07 AM

Nice job KW :handclap: Love paint gdts.

10-0 Jets.

wpgsilver 03-09-2012 12:07 AM

Please win :(
Please

sixty minute hockey 03-09-2012 12:08 AM

Ah, this is the first and only meeting the Jets have with my previous Fav team and currently second Fav team. I'm still rooting for a Jets win... but could the score be 6-3, 6 for Hainsey and 3 for Iginla to boost up his stats :naughty: :sarcasm:

blues10 03-09-2012 12:08 AM

The only part of last nights game I liked was the post game interview where Glass, Pavs and others commented on how there are Jets fans in all the buildings that they play in and our fans travel well. They really liked the fans travelling in the USA.

Best fans in the league hands down.

Here's to the "Jet Heads":handclap:

Romang67 03-09-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oignon Saute (Post 45780451)
From the other thread.

Well I hope you guys break the trend tomorrow night. For Winnipeg and Calgary's sake. I live in cowtown and I want to see the team here rebuild, get some young exciting players to play with Bartschi. And obviously I want to see the Jets in the playoffs, any fan of hockey should!

5-2 Jets!

That's the good part, we actually did that last back-to-back against the Bruins! Thanks for the kind words!

Hank Chinaski 03-09-2012 12:13 AM

This has great potential to be a let down game. Fresh off an emotional, hard-fought, physically draining game, and likely without Pavelec (I think it would be a bad decision to throw him in after facing that barrage, but we shall see). And although their home record isn't spectacular, Calgary seems to play teams very tough in their own barn.

Big test for our leadership core to rally the troops and gather a crucial 2 points. In particular, I'm looking for Toby Enstrom to be a calming force, because he was anything but in the game tonight (er sorry, last night).

blues10 03-09-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski (Post 45780699)
This has great potential to be a let down game. Fresh off an emotional, hard-fought, physically draining game, and likely without Pavelec (I think it would be a bad decision to throw him in after facing that barrage, but we shall see). And although their home record isn't spectacular, Calgary seems to play teams very tough in their own barn.

Big test for our leadership core to rally the troops and gather a crucial 2 points. In particular, I'm looking for Toby Enstrom to be a calming force, because he was anything but in the game tonight (er sorry, last night).

I will be looking for the same. I thought the last 6 games or so he was actually very good. Against the Canucks, I was not impressed.

Holden Caulfield 03-09-2012 12:25 AM

Desbiens is on the Flames fourth line...? Did not know he was in the NHL :laugh: He was always decent enough with the Moose, but certainly did not scream NHLer to me.
And Kolanos on the 3rd line? I know he is being rewarded ala Jaffray by CGY but he is plain not very good.

Anyways, I think the Jets are going to come out firing in this one after the lackluster effort tonight (last night whatever). They need to get these two points. I'd send a message to the boys, Mason starts, Miettinen/Jones are out, Fehr/Flood are in. Mix up the lines. Efforts like that will NOT be accepted down the stretch.

Lynk 03-09-2012 12:26 AM

Jets win 6 to ****ing 1.
Ron ****ing Hainsey scores 6 ****ing goals.

**** I'm pissed.

blues10 03-09-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 45781143)
Jets win 6 to ****ing 1.
Ron ****ing Hainsey scores 6 ****ing goals.

**** I'm pissed.

I thought the Canucks game was Hainsey's best of the season.

I will be shocked if Mason doesn't start but perhaps Noel rides Pavs from here in out.

Very disappointing result against the Canucks. We are looking into the playoffs from the outside again.

Do we have another biggest game of the season coming up next?:yo:

As frustrating as the ride can be at times it is still fantastic.:handclap:

Wardo8551 03-09-2012 12:42 AM

Such a terrible loss tonight :(

But the Jets showed me some good stuff tonight. Despite the loss, I saw a team hungry for the playoffs. I predict A LOT of rabid Jets fans in the saddledome tomorrow. More so than even tonight. Jets win by 2.

Bgav 03-09-2012 12:52 AM

Go Jets Go

Hope you guys make the playoffs!

WJG 03-09-2012 01:07 AM

Even though we lost the Canucks game, it certainly didn't feel like one of the road losses from say October, where we basically knew we had no chance to win the game. We played the best team in the West in their building and stayed with them until late in the third.

Although we didn't get the result we wanted, we looked like a much better road team.

Stars99Lobo37 03-09-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBS (Post 45780283)
WE GOT THIS

(....right?)

Killer avatar. :yo::yo:

Cheerin for y'all to get in. Go Jets Go!

Holden Caulfield 03-09-2012 01:15 AM

This game is between the CALGARY Flames and the WINNIPEG Jets. Please be respectful about that. Zero tolerance for ANY bashing/commenting on the origins of these franchises. Only warning.

sully1410 03-09-2012 01:26 AM

We'll beat the Flamers. They stink.

sully1410 03-09-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 45781093)
Desbiens is on the Flames fourth line...? Did not know he was in the NHL :laugh: He was always decent enough with the Moose, but certainly did not scream NHLer to me.
And Kolanos on the 3rd line? I know he is being rewarded ala Jaffray by CGY but he is plain not very good.

Anyways, I think the Jets are going to come out firing in this one after the lackluster effort tonight (last night whatever). They need to get these two points. I'd send a message to the boys, Mason starts, Miettinen/Jones are out, Fehr/Flood are in. Mix up the lines. Efforts like that will NOT be accepted down the stretch.

I didn't think they played terribly tonight. Some stuff to work on, and it was for sure a good thing that Pavs was hot tonight...but all in all, they did alright. Lackluster is a strong word.

Holden Caulfield 03-09-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 45782529)
I didn't think they played terribly tonight. Some stuff to work on, and it was for sure a good thing that Pavs was hot tonight...but all in all, they did alright. Lackluster is a strong word.

I'd probably agree. They got out shot pretty good. They were good in spurts, but not enough consistency. Would like to see more passion I suppose. Kane was awful AFAIC. Burmistrov through like 3-4 good hits that I saw, but not alot else. Pavelec was good, but in all honesty, he needs to save that 3rd one. It is from almost the blueline with no screen. Off the stick of Sami Pahlsson no less, this is not Shea Weber, Zdeno Chara, Sheldon Souray back there. I'll admit, I was kinda distracted during the game, not paying 100% attention like I usually do (had company over), so lackluster mighta been a little hard for sure.