HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rumor: Yakupov? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1131723)

Erick* 03-10-2012 05:00 PM

Yakupov?
 
There's a rumor that's popped up on the main boards that Columbus will probably trade the 1st pick of the draft if they get it, likely to be Nail Yakupov.

Offense has been a problem for us for years and goal-scoring in the NHL, in general, has been tougher to come by this year.

Columbus is obviously a dysfunctional organization right now, in large part because their defense sucks and big-time goalie prospect, Steve Mason, has turned out to be a bust.

I'd imagine they'd likely consider making this deal for a Schneider/Rask as the main piece in return in a deal.

We obviously have the best goaltending prospect in the world right now, Jacob Markstrom.

Would you trade Jacob Markstrom + (+ as in Keaton Ellerby and a pick maybe?) for the rights to draft Nail Yakupov?

I've never seen the guy play but I'm sure some on here have; he projects to be a stud. Yakupov/Huberdeau? Florida Panthers? Legit first line? Your thoughts?

ShootIt 03-10-2012 05:47 PM

It would be more than that.

Why would Columbus do that anyways? Take the potential franchise player and continue to draft and develop(properly).

FinlandPanther 03-10-2012 05:50 PM

I was actually thinking of this as well. But it would have to be Bjugstad + Markstrom + 1st and maybe more

flapanthersfan 03-10-2012 05:52 PM

I'd rather deal Gudbranson + than Markstrom+. They could use the young D, and we have nothing coming through the system in net (aside from Brittain, but he's a whiles away, and his upside is questionable), while we have Petrovic and Robak on the blueline.

Gudbranson + first + Howden would be the price, or something along those lines....and I would pay it. Yakupov is a Malkin-esque talent.(not in style of play, very different players, but in upside).

I think Columbus may go for it as well. there seems to be alot of young goalies available (Bernier, Schneider) that they could acquire in different deals. Not too many potential franchise defensmen floating around the trade mills.

Erick* 03-10-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinlandPanther (Post 45853355)
I was actually thinking of this as well. But it would have to be Bjugstad + Markstrom + 1st and maybe more

I don't think it would take all of that.
Especially since Howson's an idiot.

Erick* 03-10-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 45853407)
I'd rather deal Gudbranson + than Markstrom+. They could use the young D, and we have nothing coming through the system in net (aside from Brittain, but he's a whiles away, and his upside is questionable), while we have Petrovic and Robak on the blueline.

Gudbranson + first + Howden would be the price, or something along those lines....and I would pay it. Yakupov is a Malkin-esque talent.(not in style of play, very different players, but in upside).

I think Columbus may go for it as well. there seems to be alot of young goalies available (Bernier, Schneider) that they could acquire in different deals. Not too many potential franchise defensmen floating around the trade mills.


I'd do that, too.

If given the choice, I'd just assume they'd take Markstrom before Gudbranson. At least I would.

I also think that if given the choice between potential franchise forward and potential franchise goalie, I'd take the forward.

While I love the idea of Markstrom, I personally wouldn't pass up such an opportunity.

-We've had success with goalies.
-The market for goalies in free agency lately isn't that pricey. Goalies like Vokoun, Theodore, and Smith, etc. went for cheap last offseason and have all played well this year.

Franchise goalies like Markstrom might turn out to be are rare, but bottom line is, you'll be just fine in net if you get a solid goalie and, most importantly, execute the system in front of him.

Elite offensive production, on the other hand, is rather impossible to find unless you draft and develop it.

AwesomePanthers 03-10-2012 06:13 PM

I'd trade the world for him, almost. Guds + 1st (around 14-20th)+

CatscratchFever 03-10-2012 06:28 PM

Whatever it takes. A long string of great goaltending has amounted to approximately squat for us. They can have Markstrom. However, fellows like Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin has turned those franchises around.

RainingRats 03-10-2012 06:29 PM

I would. We have the prospect depth to make a move. Him and Hubs could be cornerstones up front for the next decade. It would probably cost a lot but it would be worth it and we have the depth to beat most offers.

ShootIt 03-10-2012 06:34 PM

Since we are talking about potential, I rahter have a Pronger(Gudbranson) than a scorer like Nail Yakupov. Not sure who he projected to be like.

RainingRats 03-10-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 45855461)
Since we are talking about potential, I rahter have a Pronger(Gudbranson) than a scorer like Nail Yakupov. Not sure who he projected to be like.

Almost all the franchises that have turned themselves around have done so with superstar forwards. Yakupov is the real deal. Compared to Ovie by many. Him and Hubs would be exactly what we need offensively. We have an above average D-core and a below average forward group.

Erick* 03-10-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 45855461)
Since we are talking about potential, I rahter have a Pronger(Gudbranson) than a scorer like Nail Yakupov. Not sure who he projected to be like.

I wouldn't.

I also don't think Gudbranson is the next Chris Pronger, but that's for another discussion.

Panthers are Red 03-10-2012 06:51 PM

I've been thinking for a while it would be great if we could trade up to draft in the top 2. Didn't actually think it would be a possibility, even with this rumour it might still not be depending on what Columbus are looking for. Would rather not have to give up Markstrom or Gudbranson to get the pick though but would be willing to in order to get someone who projects to be a stud like Yakupov.

RainingRats 03-10-2012 06:54 PM

http://thehockeywriters.com/nail-yakupov-profile/

ShootIt 03-10-2012 07:03 PM

I think Kulikov would have to be in the discussion for the Jackets to even consider trading the 1st overall*.
Not Gudbranson or Markstrom who both have high ceiling, respectively, but have not shown they can be a cornerstone of a franchise. Yakupov has been hyped for a while, and I'm sure CBJ would have a hard time trading off that pick unless they were getting a proven young player.

With Nash wanting out, I doubt they give up the opportunity to replace him

AaronEkbald 03-10-2012 07:06 PM

Then who do we have in the net for the future? Theo? Clem?

AwesomePanthers 03-10-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LassieMaven (Post 45857109)
Then who do we have in the net for the future? Theo? Clem?

Brittain has done fairly well, and could be a very good goaltender in the future. But we should certainly draft a goaltender in this years draft, maybe in the 2nd round (if we keep the pick and give Philly/TB the 2013 2nd). Maybe draft Subban if he is available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 45856975)
I think Kulikov would have to be in the discussion for the Jackets to even consider trading the 1st overall*.
Not Gudbranson or Markstrom who both have high ceiling, respectively, but have not shown they can be a cornerstone of a franchise. Yakupov has been hyped for a while, and I'm sure CBJ would have a hard time trading off that pick unless they were getting a proven young player.

With Nash wanting out, I doubt they give up the opportunity to replace him

Kulikov is a no go for me, even for the 1st overall. A defenseman like him doesn't come around that often. And he is still just 21(?), what a beast. Yakupov is amazing, but always a risk involved.

WhalerPanther 03-10-2012 07:12 PM

I would make the trade if it was for Markstrom, top tiered prospect not named Huberdeau and our first round pick. Markstrom has not proved that he can stay healthy in two years since being in North America. That's not me saying he's not the real deal or won't be a franchise goalie, however it's an alarming concern to me especially with how big he is. Yakupov with Hubs is exactly what this team needs. If they wanted Guds instead I'd probably still make the trade.

AaronEkbald 03-10-2012 07:16 PM

Unless Tallon is ok with adding Howson's demands into the trade, then it won't happen. I think Columbus has an edge in the deal because Yakupov's hype is peaking right now. People are comparing him to Pavel Bure or a smaller version of Ovechkin, lol. We would have to add a lot to that deal in order to meet Columbus's needs. They have quite a few needs I'm sure..

AaronEkbald 03-10-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhalerPanther (Post 45857545)
I would make the trade if it was for Markstrom, top tiered prospect not named Huberdeau and our first round pick. Markstrom has not proved that he can stay healthy in two years since being in North America. That's not me saying he's not the real deal or won't be a franchise goalie, however it's an alarming concern to me especially with how big he is. Yakupov with Hubs is exactly what this team needs. If they wanted Guds instead I'd probably still make the trade.

Gotta figure out if Markstrom fits the bill of Lundqvist or "the monster"..

Is he another Kari Letohnen? etc

angry_treefrog 03-10-2012 07:27 PM

If Columbus wins the draft lottery... and Yapukov is considered a generational talent... and they trade that pick for 3 or 4 very good players....

I can only conclude that they are intentionally trying to kill the franchise.

Noone could possibly that that stupid.

Laus723 03-10-2012 08:05 PM

The hell? I don't think I buy this, they didn't learn a damn thing from the Carter FIASCO?? From losing Couturier? You'd think the owner would fire Howsen immediately, tell the incoming to move Nash and a couple other players for picks and players, and mold the team around Yakupov. Doesn't make any friggin sense.

Guds isn't going anywhere. Look at Chicago, two top young defenseman AND top forwards. He didn't draft Gudbrason to move him. Tallon is going to stick to his plan.

angry_treefrog 03-10-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 45861847)
The hell? I don't think I buy this, they didn't learn a damn thing from the Carter FIASCO?? From losing Couturier? You'd think the owner would fire Howsen immediately, tell the incoming to move Nash and a couple other players for picks and players, and mold the team around Yakupov. Doesn't make any friggin sense.

Guds isn't going anywhere. Look at Chicago, two top young defenseman AND top forwards. He didn't draft Gudbrason to move him. Tallon is going to stick to his plan.

I agree Laus, but if Columbus is stupid enough to trade the pick, Tallon is smart enough to sniff around. I'm in the "patient builder" camp, but you don't turn down the chance to get a generational player.

Yeah, it's unlikely to happen... but speculation is fun.

WhalerPanther 03-10-2012 09:57 PM

Columbus has been burned a couple of times with Russians as high picks though and I could see where they would be gun shy. Also if you think about what trading Nash and the number one draft pick (should they win the lottery) would bring back in seperate deals, you'd be crazy not to explore it. Howson is an idiot though so he'd probably find some way to mess it up though.

IceManCat 03-10-2012 10:00 PM

Yakupov is NOT a generational talent. Hes more along the lines of Taylor Hall, Seguin, Kane, RNH. In the rare and highly unlikely event that Columbus trades the pick they would be looking for another top tier player IE; Huberdeau. It wouldn't make sense for Howson to trade it for a bunch of no name prospects. It seems like you guys aren't respecting our prospect pool. Bjugstad is a beast, Shore and Howden are excellent prospects. We would probably be giving up two of those guys along with Gudbranson or Markstrom just not worth it for a guy who is going to put up 15-20 more goals that those prospects. We have Bergenheim to make up for that difference.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.