HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Steve MacIntyre is a clown (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1132457)

SFTC Addict 03-11-2012 05:49 PM

Steve MacIntyre is a clown

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009554

Quote:

2 - WBS MacIntyre, 17:42 - Cross-checking, 2 min

2 - WBS MacIntyre, 17:42 - Major - Elbowing, 5 min (PP)

2 - WBS MacIntyre, 17:42 - Match - Attempt/Deliberate injury, (21.1) 10 min (PP)
How the hell did this goof go from a UHL guy to a full time AHL player?

SephF 03-11-2012 07:16 PM

Was a pretty clean player on the Oilers, he would only go after guys who tried to hurt his teammates. I don't recall any games where he would run around just looking to hurt people like it appears he did in this game.

Kind of out of character from what I've seen out of MacIntyre.

Majik1987 03-11-2012 07:22 PM

Context would be fantastic. I highly doubt he just snapped and elbowed a guy out of the blue. For instance, I see that an opposing player was hit for roughing at the same time. Did he rough up MacIntyre?

RFA 03-11-2012 09:50 PM

He's been in the NHL since 2008 for the most part. He's also one of the most feared fighters in pro hockey.

RFA 03-11-2012 09:57 PM

Looks like the 2nd period may be worth watching in archives. Coach tossed, /mac meltdown, and the someone got tagged for delay of the game at the same whistle. Two other fights in there too.

This is the time of year when the officiating gets a little sketchy and the playoff races seem to tighten as a result. Could be a result of that.

SFTC Addict 03-11-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephF (Post 45915469)
Was a pretty clean player on the Oilers, he would only go after guys who tried to hurt his teammates. I don't recall any games where he would run around just looking to hurt people like it appears he did in this game.

Kind of out of character from what I've seen out of MacIntyre.

Was listening to the game and he also yanked the helmet off of the goalie.

SFTC Addict 03-11-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFA (Post 45927969)
Looks like the 2nd period may be worth watching in archives. Coach tossed, /mac meltdown, and the someone got tagged for delay of the game at the same whistle. Two other fights in there too.

This is the time of year when the officiating gets a little sketchy and the playoff races seem to tighten as a result. Could be a result of that.

10 minutes on the board he got. I've never seen that before. This would have been right out of the FHL Playbook.

Tommy Hawk 03-11-2012 10:19 PM

5 minute elbowing is intent. Sounds like Mac pulled a francis lessard........

Lefty9420 03-12-2012 08:11 AM

I don't know about the past few years but when this guy was in Charlotte he was an absolute goof. My buddy lives there and has season tix to the Checkers (ECHL and AHL). Back when they were in the ECHL and Mac played for them I got to 5-6 games a year. He was always getting thrown out for his antics. The best was one night in Gwinnet. We were down there to watch the Braves for Spring Training and the Checkers were playing the Gladiators. A huge fight breaks out and you see Mac grabbing Mason (their tough guy) by the throat. He was choking him with one hand and punching him with another. Real class act guy.....

SFTC Addict 03-12-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty9420 (Post 45937295)
I don't know about the past few years but when this guy was in Charlotte he was an absolute goof. My buddy lives there and has season tix to the Checkers (ECHL and AHL). Back when they were in the ECHL and Mac played for them I got to 5-6 games a year. He was always getting thrown out for his antics. The best was one night in Gwinnet. We were down there to watch the Braves for Spring Training and the Checkers were playing the Gladiators. A huge fight breaks out and you see Mac grabbing Mason (their tough guy) by the throat. He was choking him with one hand and punching him with another. Real class act guy.....

LOL look at this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOsf0Mx67gI

Nothing like pounding on guys on the ice already who can't fight back.

RFA 03-12-2012 09:07 AM

Most I've seen is 9 minutes, Sasha Lakovic during the skate-a-round before the 2nd period in ADK. Attacked Martin Laitre, 2 x-check, 2-instigating, 5-headbutt, then the fightings cancelled.

SFTC Addict 03-12-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFA (Post 45938381)
Most I've seen is 9 minutes, Sasha Lakovic during the skate-a-round before the 2nd period in ADK. Attacked Martin Laitre, 2 x-check, 2-instigating, 5-headbutt, then the fightings cancelled.

Was this when Adirondack had the UHL?

RFA 03-12-2012 04:06 PM

ADK Red Wings vs Albany River Rats in 1999. The day after that the AHL went to no skating in circles in the intermissions unless you're starting.

Bruce Landon should fire whoever was running the cameras yesterday. They're showing the guys race back to get involved, it picks up with Mac roughing up the SPG goalie pretty good, then works over #24, that gets broken up, he rips the goalies mask off and works him over again. In the middle of it they cut to the Springfield coaches and bench at least once, I htink twice. Then when they're skating to the benches, boxes and locker rooms after, they just put up a Falcons logo for several mintues while it's being straighted out. Didn't see the elbow or delay of the game. It could have been Mac threw an elbow at the guy he was fighting while he was down I guess, but it wasn't too clear.

SFTC Addict 03-12-2012 04:47 PM

That sucks, nothing on hockeyfights or YouTube either.

GarbageGoal 03-12-2012 05:23 PM

Big Mac was great in Providence for his eight minutes a night. Never found him to be dirty, if someone needed a beating they usually deserved it.

The Bored Man 03-12-2012 06:59 PM

The criticism for MacIntyre when he played for the Oilers, other than his inability to play a regular shift, was his lack of crazy. Well, he sure showed it here. What prompted this? Was there a dirty hit earlier in the game?

SFTC Addict 03-12-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredMan (Post 45961535)
The criticism for MacIntyre when he played for the Oilers, other than his inability to play a regular shift, was his lack of crazy. Well, he sure showed it here. What prompted this? Was there a dirty hit earlier in the game?

No idea but he attacked the goalie, I doubt the goalie hit him...

bigd 03-13-2012 08:11 AM

Looked like a clip right out of Slap Shot.

Sean Aviary 03-13-2012 11:33 AM

Cross-posting from the hockey fight subforum:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Aviary (Post 45993073)
22 seconds in he punched/shoved an official to the ice.

He should be suspended indefinitely, until he can prove that he is able to play hockey* with sufficient discipline to not intentionally injure other players and to never physically abuse an official.

*you can ignore everything after this asterisk because it's not gonna happen.

SFTC Addict 03-13-2012 12:04 PM

He should be suspended indefinitely. But i Devin DiDomete only got 7 games for smashing a guys head to the ice in the E I bet this guy gets like 2.

GarbageGoal 03-13-2012 01:04 PM

There's a call with Tom Grace where he totally defends him.....hahahahaaaaaa good old Tom.

GarbageGoal 03-13-2012 01:25 PM

Here's the Grace version, in full Homer mode.

He is right about one thing, though. Greg Amadio is chicken****.

SFTC Addict 03-13-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarbageGoal (Post 45999945)
Here's the Grace version, in full Homer mode.

He is right about one thing, though. Greg Amadio is chicken****.

Thats who I listened to.

rEally don't get what triggered this, everyone else was almost at Center Ice and thats where the camera angle was

Sean Aviary 03-13-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 45996067)
He should be suspended indefinitely. But i Devin DiDomete only got 7 games for smashing a guys head to the ice in the E I bet this guy gets like 2.

Shoving the ref is going to add a lot to whatever he gets.

SFTC Addict 03-13-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Aviary (Post 46007071)
Shoving the ref is going to add a lot to whatever he gets.

Only 4, LOL