HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Buffalo Sabres-7:00pm EST RDS(HD),TSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1132801)

donghabs98 03-11-2012 11:06 PM

Montreal Canadiens vs. Buffalo Sabres-7:00pm EST RDS(HD),TSN

To Tank or Not To Tank

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...adow/Dong2.png

:habs vs. :sabres

Game Time-7:00pm EST
TV Market-RDS(HD),TSN
Where It's At-First Niagara Center

http://hockey.ballparks.com/NHL/BuffaloSabres/front.jpg

Starting Goalies

:habs

Peter Budaj

http://www.allhabs.net/wp-content/up...eter-Budaj.jpg

:sabres

Ryan Miller

http://d1l8737wcwfl1q.cloudfront.net...er-515x374.jpg

Starting Line Ups

:habs

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - White
Eller - Gomez - Leblanc
Geoffrion - Nokelainen - Staubitz

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Weber
Campoli

Budaj

:sabres

Leino - Hodgson - Pominville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Gerbe - Roy - Vanek
Kaleta - Boyes - Tropp

Erhoff - Sulzer
Leopold - Myers
Weber - Regher

Miller
Enroth

Last Games

Last Time We Played Them

Stradale 03-11-2012 11:21 PM

Its fun to see the Habs win. Its fun to see our players scores goals or Price playing well but for our own sake, we should start losing. Bottom team are "catching" up on us. Especially the Leafs. I don't want them to get a lottery pick.

HH 03-11-2012 11:38 PM

Just play, the result will take care of itself.

LyricalLyricist 03-11-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryHabs (Post 45931679)
Just play, the result will take care of itself.

Well, that's how it is. I rarely get emotional over hockey because I'm not the one playing. Whatever happens, happens, but you hope for a certain result, but as you said, the result will take care of itself, and we can't dictate that.

costathing 03-11-2012 11:50 PM

I hate the sabre. PLZ WIN .

pine 03-11-2012 11:52 PM

Playoffs are not yet out of reach. If we win the last 20 games, that would give us 40 points added to our current total, for a grand total of 104 points and a guaranteed playoff appearance.

go habs go.

HH 03-12-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine (Post 45932009)
Playoffs are not yet out of reach. If we win the last 20 games, that would give us 40 points added to our current total, for a grand total of 104 points and a guaranteed playoff appearance.

go habs go.

There's 13 games left. LOL

LyricalLyricist 03-12-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryHabs (Post 45932283)

He's doing actuarial, good math skills there.

RaMMuT 03-12-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryHabs (Post 45932283)

http://oscarmassivehands.files.wordp...film_casse.jpg

HH 03-12-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMMuT (Post 45932519)

That dude won an oscar. :laugh: (Deserved though)

jBuds 03-12-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMMuT (Post 45932519)

I :lol:'d for a good minute, but I don't understand it.

Good luck...we tend to play close games against each other (2 SO's, two 3-1 Sabre wins)...so I anticipate the same in Monday's game.

I told a few Habs fans in the thread put on our board a while back about our teams being in similar/comparable situations (failing to meet or exceed high preseason expectations): Diaz quickly became one of my favorite non-Sabre players to watch. Seems to keep things simple, and what I saw from him in the first half of the season up to the all-star break* certainly didn't look like rookie play. I like how he seemed to have his head on a swivel, knowing where he wants to go with the puck on the breakout when he retrieves it.

*I say "up to the all star break" because, every season, I take the Habs and Leafs and focus in on them for half a year apiece. Last year, I watched the Leafs to the all star break and then the Habs, and this season the opposite...from Oct-allstar break I load up on Habs games when the Sabres aren't playing, and allstar break to end of year I watch the Laughs on Sabre off nights.

I pick divisional opponents to follow for obvious reasons...I immediately dismiss Boston because I enjoy watching the Canadian (mtl tor ott) teams and broadcasts and energy, etc. I then dismiss the Sens because they make me ****ing sick and I get mad at the fact that they have nobody but Spezza and EK who have talent, no goalie, and still win.

/microphoning

Anyways:
2-1 Habs

cheers to a good one, boys

Nicko999 03-12-2012 12:33 AM

If we win: A win is a win so I'm happy

If we lose: Good for the tank

Win-win situation.:handclap:

jBuds 03-12-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 45932689)
I :lol:'d for a good minute, but I don't understand it.

Good luck...we tend to play close games against each other (2 SO's, two 3-1 Sabre wins)...so I anticipate the same in Monday's game.

I told a few Habs fans in the thread put on our board a while back about our teams being in similar/comparable situations (failing to meet or exceed high preseason expectations): Diaz quickly became one of my favorite non-Sabre players to watch. Seems to keep things simple, and what I saw from him in the first half of the season up to the all-star break* certainly didn't look like rookie play. I like how he seemed to have his head on a swivel, knowing where he wants to go with the puck on the breakout when he retrieves it.

*I say "up to the all star break" because, every season, I take the Habs and Leafs and focus in on them for half a year apiece. Last year, I watched the Leafs to the all star break and then the Habs, and this season the opposite...from Oct-allstar break I load up on Habs games when the Sabres aren't playing, and allstar break to end of year I watch the Laughs on Sabre off nights.

I pick divisional opponents to follow for obvious reasons...I immediately dismiss Boston because I enjoy watching the Canadian (mtl tor ott) teams and broadcasts and energy, etc. I then dismiss the Sens because they make me ****ing sick and I get mad at the fact that they have nobody but Spezza and EK who have talent, no goalie, and still win.

/microphoning

Anyways:
2-1 Habs

cheers to a good one, boys

Also, Diaz was signed as a free agent after playing in SUI, right? Just double-checking. He couldn't have been drafted...

llamateizer 03-12-2012 01:29 AM

27th and 28th pick are out of reach!

a loss would mean no 26th pick!

ECWHSWI 03-12-2012 03:53 AM

another "tank GDT", really original... :nod:

Moen in Glory 03-12-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 45932991)
Also, Diaz was signed as a free agent after playing in SUI, right? Just double-checking. He couldn't have been drafted...

Yes, Diaz was undrafted and signed as a free-agent shortly after the last Olympics. He played in Zug in swiss NLA for 8 seasons.

Beakermania* 03-12-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moen in Glory (Post 45936023)
Yes, Diaz was undrafted and signed as a free-agent shortly after the last Olympics. He played in Zug in swiss NLA for 8 seasons.

I think you mean the last World Championships

Moen in Glory 03-12-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 45936067)
I think you mean the last World Championships

Yes he signed in 2011 so it was after the World Championship, my bad!

MasterDecoy 03-12-2012 06:11 AM

less price, more budaj plox

Help 03-12-2012 06:34 AM

You know, fellas. If we win all of our remaining games we have roughly a 75% chance of making the playoffs :naughty:

Le Tricolore 03-12-2012 07:27 AM

play to win the game. go habs.

capebretoncanadien 03-12-2012 07:55 AM

Go Habs go....excited for another look at Markov. Hopefully DD draws back into the lineup too. :handclap:

WeThreeKings 03-12-2012 07:59 AM

Glad I'm not home to watch the Habs spoil the tank.

And for all you "real" fans. Toronto is notorious on going on runs after the play-offs are a distant dream, playing over their head 'cause there's no pressure.

Just because we go on an ill-advised run at the end of the season to ruin a draft pick does not necessarily mean all the problems with this team are magically fixed. They are just masked by the loosey-goosey style the team is playing against teams who are gripping their sticks tightly with the pressure of the play-off race.

Halifaxhab* 03-12-2012 08:11 AM

I have a feeling the win streak ends tonight. Sabres are playing very good, desperate hockey and Miller is on his game. I still see a close game but I think we end up with a L or OTL on this one.

Either way I'm expecting a very fast paced game with some nasty stuff in there as well. (Staubitz - Kaleta perhaps? :nod: )

FF de Mars 03-12-2012 09:19 AM

The Sabres need the win this to keep their hopes up. They still have a chance to make the playoffs. They need to show up, unlike the Vancouver, who reminded of Detroit when we played them just before the all star game.

We need to lose to get a top 6 pick. After top six, you don't have the same quality. You got Yak, Grigo, Gally, Forsberg, Murray, Dumba; after that the draft becomes more average, high end talent wise. As long as we draft 6th, I'm happy.