HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Nashville @ Phoenix 9:00 - K Bros Hit the Desert (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1132909)

AtlantaWhaler 03-12-2012 08:59 AM

Nashville @ Phoenix 9:00 - K Bros Hit the Desert

Lets get 2 points closer to that 4th spot! The Yotes are barely hanging on, so they're not going down without a fight. Full 60 and not giving away momentum with a quick goal are keys.

Go Preds!!!

Qui Gon Dave 03-12-2012 09:27 AM

Go Preds Go :handclap:

Hopefully another 2 points tonight, with the guys given a boost of energy/confidence/positive mojo from the win over Detroit. I noticed after the last game that there was more focus on the negative aspects of that game and the improvements that could still be made to the Preds than I expected. I can understand such view points but I thought the mood would be focused a little more on the positives after beating such a big rival. Anyways, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Would love to see AK rack up a few more points and register a few more big hits in this one, he seems to do well against Phoenix except for that game he got knocked out. Scored his first NHL goal against them on what was technically his first career shot on goal. You guys must be really bummed about losing that 2nd round draft pick you gave up for a player who doesn't try, isn't physical, can't contribute defensively, offensively, in English or French and was drafted instead of Getzlaf, right? Right guys?

Also, who knew that AK and Gaustad share a birthday? Just found out. Was that a key policy of your deadline deals? :sarcasm:

Gonna be a busy night for hockey. Habs play, Preds play and (I know the Ducks won't get much love here but) Saku Koivu should play his 1000th career (regular season) game tonight against the Avs. Three cheers for Gamecenter Live and Captain Saku :yo:

token grinder 03-12-2012 09:40 AM

you will find out real quick that we could beat a team 10-0 and people here will complain it wasn't 11 or 12

Qui Gon Dave 03-12-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 45937779)
you will find out real quick that we could beat a team 10-0 and people here will complain it wasn't 11 or 12

I suppose that issue will exist whatever team/sport you follow. If you want some 'fun' though, please spend more time on the Habs board where the same problem exists in two languages and spans threads that rack up over 1000 posts. Joy unconfined, honest :D

kypredsfan 03-12-2012 11:05 AM

I want the 2 points to pull within 2 points of Detroit to shut them up. They don't seem to even consider that we can still take over their spot.

Roman Yoshi 03-12-2012 11:15 AM

Pretty much every game from here on out is a must win or at least feels like a must win. Even with a great 7-2-1 in our last ten, we are playing catchup to Detroit and St. Louis. Realistically, the only team we can catch is detroit for home ice in a series against them. I really hope St. Louis somehow tanks and detroit overtakes them so we have St. Louis vs us in the first round, but I don't see that happening. The goal from here on out is win the 4th slot.

In my opinion, that is a must. Getting two points tonight is a great start to that goal.

cleangene 03-12-2012 11:27 AM

Agree 100 percent Joetimo. I'm guessing that Kleiner is still a scratch for tonight; is he even on this trip, and what (if any) word is out there about a timetable for his return?

Cashville 03-12-2012 11:32 AM

Win! We're going to play DET as far as I'm concerned, let's get that home advantage. PHX is a solid team; this will be a close one in the desert.

token grinder 03-12-2012 12:10 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to say we can't catc the blues either. They have 6 games on the road still on this roadie vs teams fighting and clawing and some with nothing to lose but everything to gain like tampa, carolina, anaheim. They have struggled on the road for most of the year. They then come back home to face us and Chicago and close with DET, PHO and Dallas. No one has an easy road here. We have 2 games in hand and 10 points back, so let's play cup half full and we are 6 behind them. We have a head to head that we all know is winnable. This week will go a good ways to telling if we can catch them. All it takes is a 2-3 game slide and all the pressure falls on them to keep the lead.

Everlong 03-12-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 45939797)
I want the 2 points to pull within 2 points of Detroit to shut them up. They don't seem to even consider that we can still take over their spot.

Their arrogance is overwhelming.

Too bad I missed the Detroit game. Still, looking at the boxscore brought a big smile to my face.

Have to continue momentum all the way up to April. 2 Pts.

Nitrous Mafia 03-12-2012 12:38 PM

Guess what.............

GET TO WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT

woooooooooo

Predsboro 03-12-2012 01:55 PM

Here's hoping DL11 continues his hot play of late ... and that that PP line of DL11 and the Super Kostitsyn Bros. keeps rolling.

Qui Gon Dave 03-12-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predsboro (Post 45945779)
and that that PP line of DL11 and the Super Kostitsyn Bros. keeps rolling.

I hear that a new company was recently set up in Nashville, with the intention of bringing incredible action and entertainment with stunning visual effects to TV screens in America. Don't know much about them, but they are competing against Warner Bros and their logo recently leaked onto the net:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...ictureid=10223

Any of you know anything about them? :sarcasm:

I Will Son 03-12-2012 02:25 PM

So excited for this game. Come on PREDS!

TMI 03-12-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave (Post 45946867)
I hear that a new company was recently set up in Nashville, with the intention of bringing incredible action and entertainment with stunning visual effects to TV screens in America. Don't know much about them, but they are competing against Warner Bros and their logo recently leaked onto the net:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...ictureid=10223

Any of you know anything about them? :sarcasm:

Yeah I heard they are embattled in a law suit for trademark infringement :sarcasm:

Pinguinla 03-12-2012 02:42 PM

Come on Preds, lets pull within two of Detroit! :yo:

VAN-HAB 03-12-2012 03:20 PM

Go Preds Go and get the 2 points tonight!

tserberis* 03-12-2012 05:09 PM

Smith is in tonight.

I bet Bourque to sit.

Mrb1p 03-12-2012 05:11 PM

Any of you guys have some place I could watch the game tonight ?

I miss him so damn much....

headsigh 03-12-2012 05:13 PM

if the playoffs started today, 4 of the 8 teams in the west would be south of the mason dixon or otherwise be a "sun belt" team

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 45954123)
Any of you guys have some place I could watch the game tonight ?

I miss him so damn much....

PM me to NOT get a stream. :naughty:

PredsChik 03-12-2012 05:35 PM

Can't decide if I should wear my Hörnqvist jersey while siting on the couch or not. Hmm...

PK76 03-12-2012 05:37 PM

I'm loving the thread title! Don't know if I'll be able to watch the game tonight since it's a little late but I hope the K Bros do well once again.

Go Preds! :handclap:

Jonesey 03-12-2012 06:07 PM

Hopefully I can stay awake for the first two periods. Doubt I'll make it through all 3. Either way let's get some points.

TMI 03-12-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transcend (Post 45954175)
if the playoffs started today, 4 of the 8 teams in the west would be south of the mason dixon or otherwise be a "sun belt" team

As far as I know it is still acceptable to post streams in threads so long as we don't have entire threads dedicated to stream links. Feel free to post it in here

Joe T Choker 03-12-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transcend (Post 45954175)

Nashville isn't a Sun Belt City by strict terms of the definition ... Sure it's Wikipedia

Geography.about.com link

http://www.beginnerdj.com/wp-content...e-You-Know.jpg