HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Will the Habs out-tank Edmonton? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1133777)

HockeyF3ind 03-13-2012 03:21 AM

Will the Habs out-tank Edmonton?
 
With the return of Markov from his seems-like-forever injury I don't think its possible for us to out tank Edmonton. I had hoped that Desharnais would be injured for precisely the rest of the season to balance out the Markov return boost, but alas with DD's quick recovery and emergence this year as a truly impressive NHL talent I think it we are doomed to tank failure, perhaps even at the loss of our lottery pick.

What say you fellow hab fans?

SnapVirus 03-13-2012 03:24 AM

Nop we wont. I guess we will finish at 4 or 5.

JetsAlternate 03-13-2012 04:03 AM

If the team keeps winning games or sending games to overtime, we might even drift further from the top pick.

RC51 03-13-2012 04:21 AM

Molson did not fire PG so the entire season is lost and a waist of time.
The Habs will finish 6-7th from the bottom as other teams dive for the bottom at the last minute while PG tries to save his job at the expense of the Habs draft position. Timmons will be forced to draft good ( maybe) but not great players at the draft will again take the best player available which will be 5 ft 7 at 145 lbs and a future 4th liner.
Habs fans have suffered all year and the only thing to look forward to was the draft, now we got nothing, not a glimmer of hope. Habs will be doomed to lose again next year and for the next 10 years because yet again BAD MANAGEMENT. It starting to look like the Habs are the new Leafs of the 70's 80's 90's 00's. The laughing stock of the NHL.

Corncob 03-13-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 45986481)
Molson did not fire PG so the entire season is lost and a waist of time.
The Habs will finish 6-7th from the bottom as other teams dive for the bottom at the last minute while PG tries to save his job at the expense of the Habs draft position.

Not sure what you think a new GM would be doing differently at this point that would make the team that much worse?

I mean Gauthier fired the coach and appointed a much worse one, then immediately publically undermined his new coach, sending the team into freefall. He even traded for Kaberle! And you still complain that he's not good enough at tanking!?

Cyclones Rock 03-13-2012 05:02 AM

Watch the reaction to this goal.

You "tankers" have a serious problem. A few significant individuals don't seem to be hip to your plan:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yx7ccUQh4

RC51 03-13-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtacular (Post 45986565)
Not sure what you think a new GM would be doing differently at this point that would make the team that much worse?

I mean Gauthier fired the coach and appointed a much worse one, then immediately publically undermined his new coach, sending the team into freefall. He even traded for Kaberle! And you still complain that he's not good enough at tanking!?

NO NO, what I am saying is PG is NOT TANKING, he has NOT told his players to " sure look good but LOSE THE GAME"

" look boys the team needs that first top pick at the draft"

PG has done nothing good and as far as I could seem has NOT told the players to dive for the bottom. This is the worst thing to do right now.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 03-13-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock (Post 45986711)
Watch the reaction to this goal.

You "tankers" have a serious problem:)


Fixed.

OP, if you had asked me this in August, I would've died from laughter, called you insane and probably laughed some more.

ECWHSWI 03-13-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock (Post 45986711)
Watch the reaction to this goal.

You "tankers" have a serious problem. A few significant individuals don't seem hip to your plan:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yx7ccUQh4

bet some of them are mad at DD now, I mean... he did "cost" us a point... :nod:

Habstract 03-13-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 45986735)
bet some of them are mad at DD now, I mean... he did "cost" us a point... :nod:


Yes...... What was he THINKING?!? :sarcasm:

Watsatheo 03-13-2012 07:43 AM

Forget the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, we'll be lucky to end up with the 8th overall pick. Depending on whether you follow draft prospects or not, this is bad or good news. This kinda reminds of 2001 when the Habs went on a bit of a run at the end of the season and finished 2 points ahead of Minnesota. They drafted Mikko Koivu 6th overall. We got Mike Komisarek 7th.

Habs 4 Life 03-13-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 45987947)
Forget the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, we'll be lucky to end up with the 8th overall pick. Depending on whether you follow draft prospects or not, this is bad or good news. This kinda reminds of 2001 when the Habs went on a bit of a run at the end of the season and finished 2 points ahead of Minnesota. They drafted Mikko Koivu 6th overall. We got Mike Komisarek 7th.

and the people that want us to win now are the people that keep saying, but how come we don't have a forward like that:shakehead

lamp9post 03-13-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 45986727)
NO NO, what I am saying is PG is NOT TANKING, he has NOT told his players to " sure look good but LOSE THE GAME"

" look boys the team needs that first top pick at the draft"

PG has done nothing good and as far as I could seem has NOT told the players to dive for the bottom. This is the worst thing to do right now.

Are you seriously suggesting that is the duty of the GM to go into the dressing room and explicitly tell his players to lose the game?

Mathradio 03-13-2012 07:53 AM

We'll pick between #3 and #6 IMO.

WeThreeKings 03-13-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamp9post (Post 45988041)
Are you seriously suggesting that is the duty of the GM to go into the dressing room and explicitly tell his players to lose the game?

Yes.

68 03-13-2012 07:58 AM

Impossible to out-tank Edmonton. Bunch of kids and ****** veterans.

Watch out for Toronto, NYI, Carolina and Minnesota.

Habs 4 Life 03-13-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 (Post 45988173)
Impossible to out-tank Edmonton. Bunch of kids and ****** veterans.

Watch out for Toronto, NYI, Carolina and Minnesota.

Just a matter of games before we pass them all

The ones that still want this team to win their last 10 games to finish 9th or 10 will be happy

RaMMuT 03-13-2012 08:04 AM

We need to bench the DD line, put campoli with kaberle as a number 1 pairing and most importantly we need to bench Markov...

Why the hell did he come out of nowhere to destroy operation TANK?

Help 03-13-2012 08:07 AM

I never thought we were capable of a top-2 pick even without Markov

The team is bad, don't get me wrong. But they aren't the 2nd worst team in the league. So, no, I don't believe we will out-tank the Oliers

68 03-13-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 45988211)
Just a matter of games before we pass them all

The ones that still want this team to win their last 10 games to finish 9th or 10 will be happy

I don't understand those people. Good/great draft pick > 9th place and average draft pick. I put aside all rivalries and wish my team to lose every game this season and this doesn't make me a fake fan. Games are still entertaining for me to watch.

One Man Rock Band 03-13-2012 08:14 AM

There are lots of good prospects outside of the Top-5. I really like Gaunce (who I've seen a lot of this year) and also think Ceci looks like a good prospect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 45988211)
Just a matter of games before we pass them all

The ones that still want this team to win their last 10 games to finish 9th or 10 will be happy

I will be happy. It means our team doesn't quit and doesn't give up. If there's one thing you don't want to teach a young team, it's to give up or not care.

We have so many young players on this roster, we were bound to have a bad year eventually.

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Subban, Geoffrion, Leblanc, White, Palushaj, Engqvist - I'm probably forgetting a few as well - are all guys who had no-to-minimal NHL experience coming into this season. Add in Gomez who looks like he's never had NHL experience before and missing our #1 defenseman and #1 goal scorer from last year and it's easy to see why were are near the bottom.

If you try to tell me with Markov and Gionta this year, we aren't, at the very least, 12 points better than we are now, I won't believe you. And 12-points is being generous. With those guys are a Top-6 team in the East.

Habs 4 Life 03-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 45988481)
There are lots of good prospects outside of the Top-5. I really like Gaunce (who I've seen a lot of this year) and also think Ceci looks like a good prospect.


I will be happy. It means our team doesn't quit and doesn't give up. If there's one thing you don't want to teach a young team, it's to give up or not care.

We have so many young players on this roster, we were bound to have a bad year eventually.

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Subban, Geoffrion, Leblanc, White, Palushaj, Engqvist - I'm probably forgetting a few as well - are all guys who had no-to-minimal NHL experience coming into this season. Add in Gomez who looks like he's never had NHL experience before and missing our #1 defenseman and #1 goal scorer from last year and it's easy to see why were are near the bottom.

If you try to tell me with Markov and Gionta this year, we aren't, at the very least, 12 points better than we are now, I won't believe you. And 12-points is being generous. With those guys are a Top-6 team in the East.

The need of a top notch forward/center is crucial to this team, we don't fix that problem we fight for 8th, again year after year. We have had a horrible season, why win now with 10 games left. If they didn't want to quit they should have though about it in January

lamp9post 03-13-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 45988157)
Yes.

hahahahahahahah.....heehee......ohh dear.......I'm laughing in your face.



edit: you do realize that would mean the GM would have 23 trade requests to deal with at the end of the season? I think keeping Subban, Price, Pac, etc. are worth a 2-3 draft slots.

Habsterix* 03-13-2012 08:31 AM

They will be stupid enough to go on a winning streak and lose out on a very rare chance at a lottery pick... :rant:

68 03-13-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamp9post (Post 45988805)
hahahahahahahah.....heehee......ohh dear.......I'm laughing in your face.



edit: you do realize that would mean the GM would have 23 trade requests to deal with at the end of the season? I think keeping Subban, Price, Pac, etc. are worth a 2-3 draft slots.

I don't think he's serious.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.