HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GDT: Attempt to not get swept by NYR 7pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1134065)

2 12 oz Drinks 03-13-2012 02:27 PM

Attempt to not get swept by NYR 7pm
 
I'm not actually looking forward to the game, just dreaming about the Ontario shoreline.

Lines-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...angers.svg.png

Artem Anisimov Derek Stepan Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky Brad Richards Carl Hagelin
Ruslan Fedotenko Brian Boyle Brandon Prust
Mike Rupp John Mitchell Mats Zuccarello

Ryan McDonagh Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) Stu Bickel
Steve Eminger Anton Stralman

Biron
Johnson

http://www.newulmlibrary.org/images/...mall%20web.jpg

Jerome Samson Eric Staal Tuomo Ruutu
Jeff Skinner Jussi Jokinen Chad LaRose
Andreas Nodl Brandon Sutter Patrick Dwyer
Drayson Bowman Tim Brent Anthony Stewart

Allen - Sangs
Faulk - Harrison
Gleason - McBain

Ward
Boucher

Anton Dubinchuk 03-13-2012 02:28 PM

God I hope I get the day off from work today. I've been excited to see Sangs in action for months now.

Also, it's my sister's birthday, so we're going to Kanki. That'd be fun too. :laugh:

NYRFAN218 03-13-2012 02:43 PM

No Henrik for the Rangers tonight. Biron is in goal and Johnson has been recalled to back him up since Lundqvist has the flu.

garnetpalmetto 03-13-2012 02:55 PM

The fishing in Ontario is far superior to the fishing in either the East or Hudson Rivers as well as New York Harbor or New York Bay. Unless you're fishing for "fish" wearing cement shoes!

DaveG 03-13-2012 02:57 PM

yes, but is throwing skates in ontario better then throwing skates in the Hudson? Only Avery can tell us on that one.

garnetpalmetto 03-13-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 46004305)
yes, but is throwing skates in ontario better then throwing skates in the Hudson? Only Avery can tell us on that one.

But the *real* question is whether or not wearing those skates after retrieving them from the Hudson constitute using Sean's "seconds?" :sarcasm:

Stephen Goalbert 03-13-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46003639)
No Henrik for the Rangers tonight. Biron is in goal and Johnson has been recalled to back him up since Lundqvist has the flu.

Cally/MDZ?

NYRFAN218 03-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter (Post 46004663)
Cally/MDZ?

Probably no for both of them. Were out Sunday and didn't skate at the optional today.

Boom Boom Anton 03-13-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46005033)
Probably no for both of them. Were out Sunday and didn't skate at the optional today.

Lundqvist and Callahan didn't play in Raleigh the last game as well.

Guy 03-13-2012 03:33 PM

Bobby Sanguinetti goal explosion forthcoming.

AD Skinner 03-13-2012 03:35 PM

Any word on Tlusty?

2 12 oz Drinks 03-13-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mint Babchuk Crunch (Post 46006409)
Any word on Tlusty?

Almost positive he won't be playing

Tank King Jimmy 03-13-2012 03:57 PM

Backup goaltender and MZA?

We're doomed.

Not even Sanguenetttttti can save us!

halleJOKEL 03-13-2012 04:05 PM

5-1 loss.

WWAD 03-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 46004165)
The fishing in Ontario is far superior to the fishing in either the East or Hudson Rivers as well as New York Harbor or New York Bay. Unless you're fishing for "fish" wearing cement shoes!

True, but I score far superior meth just off the East River than I ever do in Ontario.

NYRFAN218 03-13-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 46005385)
Lundqvist and Callahan didn't play in Raleigh the last game as well.

Yeah and Torts just confirmed the lineup for the Rangers. Cally/MDZ/Lundqvist all out, Johnson backing up Biron, Woywitka and Scott the healthy scratches with Zuccarello staying in the lineup.

Should be a good game tonight.

Anton Dubinchuk 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46008471)
Yeah and Torts just confirmed the lineup for the Rangers. Cally/MDZ/Lundqvist all out, Johnson backing up Biron, Woywitka and Scott the healthy scratches with Zuccarello staying in the lineup.

Should be a good game tonight.

This is my favorite post in this GDT so far. I don't think you meant it like this (if you did you're a comedic genius), but translation of the above post:

"So yeah, our 3 best players are out tonight. Should be an even tilt."

:laugh:

Boom Boom Anton 03-13-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 46008973)
This is my favorite post in this GDT so far. I don't think you meant it like this (if you did you're a comedic genius), but translation of the above post:

"So yeah, our 3 best players are out tonight. Should be an even tilt."

:laugh:

Well, in fairness, they are first in the east and Carolina is near the bottom and they beat the Canes in Raleigh recently without Lundqvist or Callahan. Also, the Canes haven't beat the Rangers this year.

So what he should have said (and would have still been right) is "Rangers are still going to win, but it might be a little closer without those guys" :laugh:

SnowblindNYR 03-13-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46003639)
No Henrik for the Rangers tonight. Biron is in goal and Johnson has been recalled to back him up since Lundqvist has the flu.

With the way the defense has been playing and with Biron in net we'll need at least 4. :help:

Anyway, good luck guys (not too much though).

bilpeto 03-13-2012 05:03 PM

Oh, look. Another game that I'll miss most of due to working on my engineering project.

Unless, of course, I can convince my group members to let me watch it because I'll still be somewhat productive with the game on...

Blueline Bomber 03-13-2012 05:20 PM

Interesting:

The pairings tonight -

Allen - Sangs
Faulk - Harrison
Gleason - McBain

Joslin will play the 4th line, Stewart will be the scratch.

NYRFAN218 03-13-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 46008973)
This is my favorite post in this GDT so far. I don't think you meant it like this (if you did you're a comedic genius), but translation of the above post:

"So yeah, our 3 best players are out tonight. Should be an even tilt."

:laugh:

Haha I really didn't mean it like that. My bad :laugh:

bilpeto 03-13-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 46011423)
Interesting:

The pairings tonight -

Allen - Sangs
Faulk - Harrison
Gleason - McBain

Joslin will play the 4th line, Stewart will be the scratch.

I like it. With Spacegoat out of the linup, it seems like Muller wants to try to run three pairings with relatively equal TOI tonight. There's no better way to test out to see how Sanguinetti does than to let him get out there for regular shifts.

I'd also expect him to take Spacek's point on the powerplay as well, which has me extremely excited.

2 12 oz Drinks 03-13-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 46011523)
Haha I really didn't mean it like that. My bad :laugh:

You may not have meant it that way, but that doesn't mean it isn't true :laugh:

PaulProteus 03-13-2012 05:40 PM

I can't help but think that even with Biron in, Callahan and MDZ out, we're just gonna flat-out lose ugly. Like seriously, 5-1 and Sanguinetti gets Jakub Voracek'd style ugly.

Whatever mojo we had after the TB game evaporated about as soon as it arrived. I think McBain feels more like playing golf with Mall of America waitresses, or Brent more like trophy pike fishing in Ontario, than anything else they can think of right about now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.