2012 WHL Playoff Thread
Playoffs Are Underway. OP Will Be Updated When Needed.
1. Edmonton Oil Kings (72GP 49W 16L 3OTL 4SOL, 105Pts)
2. Moose Jaw Warriors (72GP 45W 19L 6OTL 2OL, 98Pts)
3. Calgary Hitmen (72GP 44W 25L 2OTL 1SOL, 91pts)
4. Medicine Hat Tigers (72GP 42W 24L 2OTL 4SOL, 90Pts)
5. Saskatoon Blades (72GP 40W 29L 1OTL 2SOL, 83pts)
6. Brandon Wheat Kings (72GP 39W 28L 1OTL 4SOL, 83pts)
7. Regina Pats (72GP 37W 27L 6OTL 2SOL, 82pts)
8. Kootenay Ice (72GP 36W 26L 6OTL 4SOL, 82Pts)
1. Tri-City Americans (72GP 50W 18L 2OTL 2SOL, 104pts)
2. Kamloops Blazers (72GP 47W 20L 2OTL 3SOL, 99pts)
3. Portland Winterhawks (72GP 49W 19L 3OTL 1SOL, 102pts)
4. Vancouver Giants (72GP 40W 26L 2OTL 4SOL, 86pts)
5. Spokane Chiefs (72GP 38W 24L 5OTL 4SOL, 85pts)
6. Kelowna Rockets (72GP 31W 31L 34OTL 6SOL, 72pts)
7. Victoria Royals (72GP 24W 41L 3OTL 4SOL, 55pts)
8. Everett Silvertips (72GP 22W 40L 2OTL 8SOL, 54pts)
1st Round Matchups:
1) Edmonton 4 vs 8) Kootenay 0 (3-0, 4-3, 6-3, 3-1)
2) Moose Jaw 4 vs 7) Regina 1 (2-3, 8-1, 5-3, 5-4, 5-2)
3) Calgary 1 vs 6) Brandon 4 (2-6, 4-0, 1-4, 1-3, 2-3)
4) Medicine Hat 4 vs 5) Saskatoon 0 (5-2, 5-3, 3-2, 5-0)
1) Tri-City 4 vs 8) Everett 0 (7-2, 3-1, 4-0, 4-3)
2) Kamloops 4 vs 7) Victoria 0 (4-1, 7-4, 7-5, 4-1)
3) Portland 4 vs 6) Kelowna 0 (6-3, 4-0, 3-2, 5-3)
4) Vancouver 2 vs 5) Spokane 4 (7-5, 7-3, 2-3, 2-3, 1-5, 1-3)
2nd Round Matchups:
1) Edmonton 4 vs 6) Brandon 0 (2-1, 4-3, 5-1, 6-0)
2) Moose Jaw 4 vs 4) Medicine Hat 0 (2-1, 6-1, 4-2, 4-3)
1) Tri-City 4 vs 5) Spokane 3 (2-3, 2-1, 2-1, 2-3, 5-3, 3-4, 3-2)
2) Kamloops 3 vs 3) Portland 4 (3-5, 1-4, 2-5, 5-3, 7-2, 7-6, 0-2)
3rd Round Matchups:
1) Edmonton 4 vs 2) Moose Jaw 1 (6-1, 6-1, 3-2, 1-5, 4-1)
1) Tri-City 0 vs 3) Portland 4 (3-4, 4-5, 1-3, 1-4)
WHL Championship Finals:
1) Edmonton 4 vs 3) Portland 3 (3-2, 1-5, 3-4, 4-3, 4-3, 2-3, 4-1)
The Edmonton Oil Kings win the WHL Championship and Advance to the Memorial Cup!
Red Deer vs Medicine Hat
Prince Albert vs Saskatoon
Spokane vs Seattle
Prince George vs Tri-City
Saskatoon can jump from 7th place to 5th with a win tonight and give themselves a 3 point lead on Brandon. With a win, Seattle would be 1 point away from Victoria and the final spot in the playoffs, while Spokane is already set to play Vancouver in the first round. Prince George needs a win tonight to stay in the playoff picture, they are 5 points back with 3 games to go.
YES, Seattle scores to take the lead.
Red Deer 4 vs Medicine Hat 2 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60149
Prince Albert 5 vs Saskatoon 11 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60150
Spokane 1 vs Seattle 3 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60151
Prince George 5 vs Tri-City 4 F/OT http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60152
Jesse Forsberg buries a feed from younger brother Alex to win it in OT for Prince George. With the Win, Prince George stays alive in the playoff race and Seattle is within 1 point of the Royals for the final spot.
Beautiful, Seattle hangs on for the win v. Spokane.
Seattle trumps Spokane 3-1 now giving the Thunderbirds 1 game in hand and 1 point behind the Royals.
Prince George is still fighting to the end snuffing out the Americans 5-4 in overtime. Cougars are still in 10th place, and and if all the worlds were in perfect alignment they could still make the playoffs.
So here's the NHL 12 predictions using the standings as of right now...
1) Edmonton 4 vs 8) Brandon 3
2) Moose Jaw 4 vs 7) Regina 3
3) Medicine Hat 3 vs 6) Kootenay 4
4) Calgary 4 vs Saskatoon 3
1) Tri-City 4 vs 8) Victoria 1
2) Kamloops 3 vs 7) Everett 4
3)Portland 4 vs 6) Kelowna 2
4) Vancouver 4 vs 5) Spokane 3
1) Edmonton 2 vs 6) Kootenay 4
2) Moose Jaw 4 vs 4) Calgary 1
1) Tri-City 2 vs 7) Everett 4
3) Portland 4 vs 4) Vancouver 3
2) Moose Jaw 4 vs 6) Kootenay 3
3) Portland 1 vs 7) Everett 4
2) Moose Jaw 2 vs Everett 4
So Everett wins? haha a bit off if you ask me. I'll do another one of these when the spots are finallized and i'll do a bit of tweaking to the teams.
Moose Jaw vs Brandon
Lethbridge vs Calgary
Edmonton vs Kootenay
Prince Albert vs Regina
Everett vs Kelowna
Spokane vs Kamloops
Portland vs Victoria
Everett and Victoria in action tonight, both fighting for a playoff berth. I won't be home until 11:30 or so tonight so the thread will not be updated til' then.
In the East, Brandon, Regina and Kootenay are in a tight race for 5th as Saskatoon is at 81 points in 5th, but the other 3 teams behind have a game in hand.
Oh, and Everett can clinch a spot if Vic loses in regulation and the Tips get 2 points.
Moose Jaw 3 vs Brandon 2 F/SO http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60153
Lethbridge 5 vs Calgary 2 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60154
Edmonton 5 vs Kootenay 4 F/OT http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60155
Prince Albert 1 vs Regina 4 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60156
Everett 2 vs Kelowna 4 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60157
Kamloops 4 vs Spokane 6 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60158
Portland 3 vs Victoria 4 F http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60159
- With the Victoria win and a Everrett loss, the Royals bump Everett out of 7th and into 8th with a 1 point lead. Everett still has a game in hand.
- Suffering a 4-3 loss to Victoria, the Winterhawks fail to tie Tri-City for 1st in the West.
- With the 4-1 win over Prince Albert, the Pats have passed both Saskatoon and Kootenay and have taken 5th place, Kootenay lost their game in Overtime. Both Saskatoon and Kootenay are 1 point behind Regina with 70GP each.
Friday/Saturday's gonna be hella intense. Giants with a back to back against the Rockets, and Chiefs with games against Seattle and Tri-City.
If Giants win both games, then we've got home ice for sure. If we lose one, we have to hope Spokane does the same.
If Giants win and Chiefs lose in regulation tomorrow night, Giants have home ice for sure.
Calgary vs Kootenay
Moose Jaw vs Prince Albert
Brandon vs Regina
Saskatoon vs Swift Current
Edmonton vs Medicine Hat
Lethbridge vs Red Deer
Prince George vs Kamloops
Seattle vs Spokane
Everett vs Tri-City
Portland vs Victoria
Kelowna vs Vancouver
Big night in the WHL. Prince George needs a win to stay in contention and if Everrett even gets 1 point, PG's playoff hopes are gone. With a Seattle win and a Everett loss, The T-Birds can tie the Tips for 8th, which Seattle would take 8th if it came to a tiebreaker since Seattle has 3 more regulation wins than Everett.
WHL.ca 's continuous Road to the Playoffs Article :
First wave of games begin at 7PM MT/6PM PST. Check back for the GDP then.
Game Day Post:
Calgary 6 vs Kootenay 5 F/OT http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60161
Moose Jaw 4 vs Prince Albert 1 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60162
Brandon 2 vs Regina 1 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60160
Saskatoon 5 vs Swift Current 3 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60163
Edmonton 4 vs Medicine Hat 2 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60164
Lethbridge 2 vs Red Deer 3 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60165
Prince George 4 vs Kamloops 10 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60166
Seattle 4 vs Spokane 3 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60167
Everett 1 vs Tri-City 4 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60168
Portland 1 vs Victoria 3 Final http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60169
Kelowna 4 vs Vancouver 5 F/OT http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60170
Since Victoria won, If Everett loses in regulation, the Royals clinch a spot. If Seattle gets a point, there is no clinch and the Cougars are out.
It's official. The Victoria Royals are in the playoffs!
Woohoo!!! Seattle 52 points 70 GP
Everett 52 points 71 GP
only spot left for playoffs is #8
next game for both teams is tomorrow @Seattle, it's gonna be so epic!!
The Prince George Cougars are now out of the hunt for 8th place. Seattle vs Everett tomorrow night for the huge 2 point lead for 8th. Seattle has a game in hand so if Seattle wins they clinch the final spot in the West.
Very exciting Vancouver vs Kelowna game. 13,000 strong at the Pacific Coliseum. Jordan Martinook with a hat-trick and the OT winner. Rockets D Damon Severson scored a beautiful coast to coast goal in the 3rd. With the win, Vancouver clinches home ice vs the Chiefs in the 1st round.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.