HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT - March Madness (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1134953)

phillyfanatic 03-14-2012 12:50 PM

OT - March Madness

Any predictions, and why? Any Temple fans? I have them going deep on my bracket. Can't wait.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-14-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfanatic (Post 46063661)
Any predictions, and why? Any Temple fans? I have them going deep on my bracket. Can't wait.

I have Temple losing first round. Too long of a layoff between games.

Amateur Hour 03-14-2012 03:26 PM

St. Bonaventure (Andrew Nicholson is a stud) and Belmont to the Sweet 16. Wouldn't surprise me if Davidson gets there, too. I have Syracuse losing to Kansas State and Michigan State losing to Memphis in the second round.

I think both Vanderbilt and Florida are good sleeper picks for the Final Four.

DrinkFightFlyers 03-14-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 46071393)
St. Bonaventure (Andrew Nicholson is a stud) and Belmont to the Sweet 16. Wouldn't surprise me if Davidson gets there, too. I have Syracuse losing to Kansas State and Michigan State losing to Memphis in the second round.

I think both Vanderbilt and Florida are good sleeper picks for the Final Four.

Vanderbilt I have getting to the Final Four. Florida I would not bet on because they lost to Rutgers. Not exactly great logic, but being a Rutgers fan and seeing them lose some pretty ugly games (like to Princeton at home) I can't imagine a team that lost to them making it very far...

EDIT: I should have prefaced this post by saying I know jack boo about basketball.

Keaver 03-15-2012 12:50 PM

I go to Temple so of course I'm a fan I have them making the sweet 16 out of favoritism. If you look at last year they won the first game which was great and took a top 10 team to double OT. Then this year they've beaten some really good teams.

Anyway my final 4 is Ohio State vs. North Carolina and Michigan St. vs. Baylors.

Michigan State vs. Ohio State in the NC with Michigan State winning it all. I've picked the national championship and the winner the last 2 years (I've been big on Butler for about 6 years now) so I'm pretty good in bracket pools being as I've won quite a few.

phillyfanatic 03-15-2012 03:22 PM

I was a Homer on my bracket. My team is Syracuse, so I have them winning it all, even without Melo. I figure if they do, I'll be the only one. I also have Temple going to the final four. I think they will make the elite 8, but I have them beating UNC for fun and then losing to MSU.

Elite 8:
Michigan St vs Murray State
Temple vs Georgetown
Kentucky vs Duke
Syracuse vs Ohio State

Final four:
MSU vs. Temple
Cuse vs Kentucky

Cuse over MSU.

Keaver 03-15-2012 03:40 PM

Temple would play Syracuse in the final 4 not MSU.

Amateur Hour 03-16-2012 10:26 AM

Syracuse should have lost yesterday to a UNC-Asheville team that, by the way, should not have been a 16 seed. Anybody who thinks that game wasn't rigged is a ****ing moronic lemming. There are now conspiracy theories about the ref -- a Big East guy who reffed a ton of Cuse games this year -- who made the "look at me" lane violation call and the horrendous out-of-bounds call with 35 seconds left.

flyersguy33* 03-16-2012 08:54 PM

Congrats Lehigh, what an awesome win

MountainHawk 03-16-2012 08:56 PM

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!

Roo Mad Bro 03-16-2012 09:15 PM

Live in the Lehigh Valley but don't go to Lehigh...but wow what a win!

Know a couple of people that to Lehigh.

Fenza 03-16-2012 10:37 PM

Shout out to Lehigh, I live in the same town as the campus and have some friends going to Lehigh.

dawkins121 03-16-2012 10:57 PM

Ahhhhhhhh lehigggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Krishna 03-17-2012 12:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Y8jhc.jpg

And god damn it temple.

Prongo 03-17-2012 12:48 AM

I really can't even get into these games. I don't know what happened with me or the sport but it just not have the same effect on me. The only thing that is good is that Duke lost, now I get to tease this hot ass girl at my work about it!(die hard fan):laugh:

I don't even fill out a bracket or bet on the games! Not betting on the games definitely means I don't have interest :laugh:

Amateur Hour 03-17-2012 12:55 AM

Perhaps the single most exciting sports day I've ever witnessed. That was just ****ing awesome on every level, especially the Duke losing level.

Amateur Hour 03-17-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 46219445)
I really can't even get into these games. I don't know what happened with me or the sport but it just not have the same effect on me. The only thing that is good is that Duke lost, now I get to tease this hot ass girl at my work about it!(die hard fan):laugh:

I don't even fill out a bracket or bet on the games! Not betting on the games definitely means I don't have interest :laugh:

First bold: What happened to you, man? You used to be cool.

Second bold: This is fundamentally un-American.

We witnessed history today, something that's never happened before. It's also entirely possible we never see two 15 seeds win in the same tournament again, let alone on the same day... within three hours of each other. I just wish St. Bonaventure, my sleeper Sweet 16 pick, could've pulled through to really get the ball of madness rolling.

Oh well, at least we can all rejoice in Duke's misery.

Krishna 03-17-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 46219445)

I don't really have interest but I do like to root for teams from the area...

Damn it temple.

WhiskeyBoarder 03-17-2012 09:55 PM

:sarcasm: (See Avi.)