HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   News Article: Zibanejad new number one in Ottawa Senators top-20 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1135139)

MattSens65 03-14-2012 05:13 PM

Zibanejad new number one in Ottawa Senators top-20

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...enators_top20/

Always interesting to see how our prospects rank and their projections, although i might not agree with all of them.

saskriders 03-14-2012 05:15 PM

So excited for the top 5 :hyper:

danishh 03-14-2012 05:15 PM

well, no ****. Cowen graduated.

ReginKarlssonLehner 03-14-2012 05:37 PM

Lmfao, the rankings are horrific. Who wrote this article?

FolignoQuantumLeap 03-14-2012 05:38 PM

Overall, the rankings are solid though I disagree with a few. Noesen being that high is awesome.

Lehner a 7.5C and Stone a 6.5C. Seems legit. No, it doesn't

ReginKarlssonLehner 03-14-2012 05:39 PM

Da Costa is a 6.5C

His elusiveness and superior awareness have been on full display in the AHL, and have allowed him to overcome other shortcomings to his game, particularly in the defensive zone.

LOOL. What, Da Costa is a very strong defensive player and was one of his strengths in scouting reports.

mt-svk 03-14-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 46076927)

Dont notice these rankings in hockeyfuture, they are often funny. See ranking and grades of Pekka Rinne: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/pekka_rinne

Pekka Rinne
Prospect Grade: 6.0 C :laugh:

Pietraneglo222 03-14-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 46077025)
Da Costa is a 6.5C

His elusiveness and superior awareness have been on full display in the AHL, and have allowed him to overcome other shortcomings to his game, particularly in the defensive zone.

LOOL. What, Da Costa is a very strong defensive player and was one of his strengths in scouting reports.

It was good for a college player but he was garbage defensively in the NHL. Can't speak for what he's doing in the AHL.

Berserker* 03-14-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap (Post 46076955)
Overall, the rankings are solid though I disagree with a few. Noesen being that high is awesome.

Lehner a 7.5C and Stone a 6.5C. Seems legit. No, it doesn't

I disagree, so for Stone the ranking based on Hockey Futures is as follows

"6. Third-Line Forward/ No. 5-6 Defenseman / Backup Goaltender - generally speaking, players whose game is defensively-oriented, or whose abilities aren't quite good enough to land full-time duty on the 2nd line, top two defensive pairings, or the No. 1 goaltending position.

C - May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings - has shown some flashes, but may ultimately not have what it takes to reach his potential. The potential rating is multiplied by 80 percent for depth chart purposes to show the uncertainty of a player reaching his potential."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

So basically this writer thinks that it is a stretch for Stone to become a third liner. I'm no expert (and for that matter, neither are these writers), but I would give Stone an 8C. He has the potential to be a first line winger, although there is a higher probability that he winds up as a third liner. If Stone was a first round pick then he probably would be rated higher, but because he was a 6th round pick an is property of the sens everyone writes him off.

MoreGore 03-14-2012 06:22 PM

Yeah, the Stone 6.5C tells me his ceiling is a third liner, like O'Brien. I would have thought a 7.0C would be more accurate due to his ability to adapt offensively (WHL- Passer, WJHC Scorer).

The rest looks pretty reasonable. Likely more accurate than many other teams who have multiple 8.0Cs

Karlstrobe 03-14-2012 06:29 PM

Prince needs to be higher! After that I pretty much agree with everything and maybe JOB too since he is with the big club after all. Very exciting top 10. After this years draft with Bishop added we could pass Florida for #1 spot amongst prospects.

N Bahn Ahden 03-14-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButlerFutureSniper (Post 46079099)
Prince needs to be higher! After that I pretty much agree with everything and maybe JOB too since he is with the big club after all. Very exciting top 10. After this years draft with Bishop added we could pass Florida for #1 spot amongst prospects.

Over who?

I like this list. Well done.

Edit - To clarify, I think the order is good. The player ratings, to me, are always meaningless.

Qward 03-14-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 46076927)

|| :sarcasm:
\/
Quote:

Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden (Post 46080217)
Over who?

I like this list. Well done.

sens2k9 03-14-2012 07:25 PM

Really, HF? Everybody is a C or D? Really? What a cop out.

Ed Wood 03-14-2012 08:37 PM

Poor Louie Caporusso. I had really high hopes for him and now he can't even crack our top twenty list. He was once a top five. I've got a bit of a half-assed theory about him bulking up to counter the "little guy" tag and losing his quickness and agility.

Ben Blood's a guy I'm anxious to get a look at next years in rookie camp.

Kezia 03-14-2012 09:27 PM

I dont think any grades have changed since the last ranking update

ReginKarlssonLehner 03-14-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Roffler (Post 46094497)
I dont think any grades have changed since the last ranking update

Yet our prospects are winning MVP's, playing as Canada's best players, top 5 in OHL scoring etc...

Iamok 03-14-2012 09:49 PM

These rankings/grades are generally worthless. Apart from the usually interesting, however brief, summary of each prospect there's not much value in them.

kdb527 03-14-2012 09:53 PM

Nice to see Noesen moving up but it's hard to take any of this too seriously when they cant get his draft position right. He was picked 21st. Not a hard fact to check

Iamok 03-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdb527 (Post 46096909)
Nice to see Noesen moving up but it's hard to take any of this too seriously when they cant get his draft position right. He was picked 21st. Not a hard fact to check

Didn't notice at first, but they did indeed switch Noesen's and Puempel's draft position.

TrueGrit 03-14-2012 09:56 PM

Silfverberg got the short end of the stick IMO

danishh 03-14-2012 10:32 PM

the order is fine.

i'd tweak some of the scores (not just up), but that's just some dude's opinion.

SpezDispenser 03-14-2012 10:45 PM

We hate giving 8s.

Well written descriptions though.

derriko 03-14-2012 11:03 PM

im pretty sure i remember hearing that each team has their own person who does the rankings. thats why you can't compare players from team to team, as some people are more homerish than others. I cant remember off the top of my head but some team had like three 8.0 ranked players at one time and like two of them busted, so take the rankings with a big grain of salt. They help you get a general idea, and the rankings are cool, but if you want a scouting report this is not the place to get them

starling 03-14-2012 11:32 PM

Michael Sdao 5.5D
Yeah, they clearly follow prospects closely.