HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Rejean says Desharnais over Pacioretty for Masterton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1136633)

CHill Seeker 03-16-2012 09:43 AM

Rejean says Desharnais over Pacioretty for Masterton

discuss lol

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...e-grand-oublie

Andy 03-16-2012 09:45 AM

I agree, Desharnais worked really hard to get his game back after almost being paralyzed....

....oh wait.

SeriousHabs 03-16-2012 09:45 AM

What if it was Deharnay vs Paciorette?

Maitz 03-16-2012 09:45 AM

Réjean Tremblay is a big lol

hogtownhabsfan 03-16-2012 09:46 AM

Is this really going to be a thing? :shakehead

Et le But 03-16-2012 09:46 AM

Where is our Darche-Desharnais-Leblanc first line?

EmelinHipCheck 03-16-2012 09:47 AM

Don't feed the trolls, let him yap in his corner ..

The Russian General 03-16-2012 09:48 AM

Didn't Arpon Basu tweet the same?

Protest the Hero 03-16-2012 09:48 AM

I'm shocked French journalists are pulling for our best French player.

windycity 03-16-2012 09:48 AM

quelle surprise

Andy 03-16-2012 09:48 AM

Jack Todd
Rejean
Marinaro

The quality of journalism in Montreal has never been higher.

PricePkPatch 03-16-2012 09:50 AM

So he thinks the same as Arpon Basu on the topic. It's a very valid point to make.

Desharnais had every presure and reasons to give up hockey as a professional at most levels he player. He was told time and again he'd never make it.

And now he stands on top of the Canadiens roster after a season and a half.

Patch never reconsidered his career. He went through a lot, but he had all the support in the world.

WeThreeKings 03-16-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 46176763)
So he thinks the same as Arpon Basu on the topic. It's a very valid point to make.

Desharnais had every presure and reasons to give up hockey as a professional at most levels he player. He was told time and again he'd never make it.

And now he stands on top of the Canadiens roster after a season and a half.

Patch never reconsidered his career. He went through a lot, but he had all the support in the world.

Almost dying, almost being paralyzed, almost losing everything he's worked hard for.. Coming back and becoming a 30 goal scorer and top line player.

vs.

Being short.

Give me a ****ing break.

DogsFan* 03-16-2012 09:56 AM

He should be. The masterton is not the "best player coming back from injury" award, its the award for the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey. I agree Patches persevered through his injury but DD stuck with it through not being drafted to centering the Habs first line. Also, MaxPac has 2 suspensions does he not?

WeThreeKings 03-16-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogsFan (Post 46176965)
It should be. The masterton is not the "best player coming back from injury" award, its the award for the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey. I agree Patches persevered through his injury but DD stuck with it through not being drafted to centering the Habs first line. Also, MaxPac has 2 suspensions does he not?

DD is not the first player to come into the league as an undrafted player and be successful.

Should Toronto nominate Tyler Bozak?

Et le But 03-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

He should be. The masterton is not the "best player coming back from injury" award, its the award for the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey. I agree Patches persevered through his injury but DD stuck with it through not being drafted to centering the Habs first line. Also, MaxPac has 2 suspensions does he not?

Most players who have gone through anything similar to Pacioretty are never the same, at least not at first. The fact that he bounced back to being the player he was before the injury, has refused to complain about it or blame anyone, and used it as motivation to start a foundation to improve head injury treatment in the Montreal Generation Hospital.

Andy 03-16-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

He should be. The masterton is not the "best player coming back from injury" award,

It shouldn't be "the best shortest player award" either.

Andy 03-16-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 46177091)
Most players who have gone through anything similar to Pacioretty are never the same, at least not at first. The fact that he bounced back to being the player he was before the injury, has refused to complain about it or blame anyone, and used it as motivation to start a foundation to improve head injury treatment in the Montreal Generation Hospital.

Yah well...Desharnais is short...beat that!

windycity 03-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 46177121)
It shouldn't be "the best shortest player award either."

anti-shortite!

Et le But 03-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 46177151)
Yah well...Desharnais is short...beat that!

Maybe the Habs should collectively be awarded, for being "smurfs"

MasterDecoy 03-16-2012 10:03 AM

going by the definition, desharnais would be a good candidate for the award. but the award is usually if not always awarded to players overcoming serious injuries.

reggie is a dick, but i actually thought this could generate some decent debate here. guess not. and WTK: desharnais > x100 bozak - 5 inches so while i get your comparison, its not really a good one

Watsatheo 03-16-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Then shouldn't one of the shortest players to play the game Nathan Gerbe (5'5'') win it? :dunno:

Looking at past winners, it's usually guys who've made the NHL, have something bad happen to them, then manage to return to form. If Markov becomes a top pairing D again, he'll be nominated next season.

PricePkPatch 03-16-2012 10:05 AM

Thing is, as serious his injury was, he still had everybody on his side (except Dr Recchi) and the support of the management, fanbase, etc. It was never even put in question that he would return once we knew he wasn't paralyzed.

He got a broken neck and a commotion. It's not about "what could have happened to him", but what he came back from.

The commotion turned out to have minor consequences, and the broken neck healed at proper pace. Good for him.

Desharnais never, ever had it easy. It's not about him being French, it's about overcoming a lifelong adversity based on the limits people expected him to have. Nobody wanted to bet on him because they all though he'd reach his limits fast enough.

And he never did. Desharnais's struggle isn't about how, for a few months, he was worried about his life career.

Desharnais's struggle was, for YEARS, he went and sacrifice everything into something everybody told him would be a waste. That it didn't mattered to play in the Junior because he'd crash in the AHL. That he shouldnt bother to play in the AHL because he would crash in the NHL.

One is a very intense and ultimately happy-ending short story. The other is the achievement of a lifelong dream where every inch on the way was fought for.

And how many "short" player center their team's first line after a season and a half? Is rated in the top 30 for assists in the NHL in his 1st season?

DogsFan* 03-16-2012 10:05 AM

Where in my post did I say anything about Desharnais' height? Just because you can't look past it doesn't mean its the reason he could be nominated. Arpon Basu basically said the same thing.

windycity 03-16-2012 10:06 AM

sigh, it's getting to the point that maybe I should become a Hawks fan, it's so ****ing tiring being a Habs fan sometimes