HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Lethbridge Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=113673)

JoeHockey97 11-14-2004 11:31 PM

Lethbridge Hurricanes

Can they do it? Are they overlooked? Should they have more draft players? What do you guys think?

Myself, I see them A LOT. I think that this will be a huge year for them and it will rest on the back of Versteeg and Yellowhorn and everyone on D except Seabrook. Seabrook is a great defenseman but 45 minutes a night will mean that the guys around him on D need to do their part. Versteeg is a natural talent with great hockey sense. Sometimes he makes the lazy play but his coaching has changed and so has his game. Yellowhorn.... WOW. Last year Versteeg told me Yellowhorn was the best 16 year old on the team and maybe in the league. Now as a 17 year old hes proving it. At this rate he will get drafted regardless of his 5'7" frame.

Biggest problem is Depth. they have two lines that are inexperienced and way less effective... but Im done typing for tonight. What do the other fans/haters think?

loudi94 11-14-2004 11:53 PM

I'd like to see them go out and get a guy like Chipchura and then I think they'd make a decent run. 2 big wins this weekend has to have them believing they've got a chance at playoff success. A few pieces missing. Like you said, Seabrook is playing too many minutes to survive the WJC and the extra 25+ games it will take to win the WHL. Chapman coming back helps, but he's still finding his game.

Orv 11-15-2004 12:17 AM

They need a goon!!! That'll put them over the top!!

loudi94 11-15-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orv

I heard Mezei is one guy no one wants to fight.

flamesfan01800 11-15-2004 12:38 PM

Can a Lethbridge fan tell me what Mike Kaye is doing this year?

JoeHockey97 11-15-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan01800
Can a Lethbridge fan tell me what Mike Kaye is doing this year?

Not too much.. his season is kinda disappointing at this point. He will need to find his game fast

JoeHockey97 11-15-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orv

Totally true. they get pushed around too much and let the other team get away with it. Mezei is the toughest guy on the team and no one wants to fight him cuz hes sooo strong.

JoeHockey97 11-15-2004 05:43 PM

Bring more Hurricane fans

If any of you Lethbridge guys know some hurricane fans bring em here. It would be nice to talk about the games and the players with a lot more opinions and comments.

Fedz 11-21-2004 10:15 PM

JH97, Opinions on Kenny Petkau.

Hawkhead 11-27-2004 08:38 PM

Seabrook is amazing or no? Ive heard he will eb an nhl #1 no problem

HAWKS WHL D DEPTH:
-Barker
-Bfuyglien
-Seabrook

who is the best of those 3 i know that those 3 are top 5 in the whl for d no problem
and barker and bfuyglien are said to be the most talented in whl

loudi94 11-28-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkhead
Seabrook is amazing or no? Ive heard he will eb an nhl #1 no problem

HAWKS WHL D DEPTH:
-Barker
-Bfuyglien
-Seabrook

who is the best of those 3 i know that those 3 are top 5 in the whl for d no problem
and barker and bfuyglien are said to be the most talented in whl

Lots of talent. If he gets motivated he'll do good. #1 is a stretch though.

Hawkhead 11-28-2004 02:12 PM

Im over in Ontario so could u tell me who is the best of those 3?

thanks

SedinFan* 11-28-2004 02:16 PM

I've seen Seabrook play many times this year. Does he have the talent to be a #1 or #2 in the NHL? Yes, if he is paired with the right player. He's nothing physical, so he'd need to be paired with a physical dman that is willing to clear the front of the net, as that isn't Seabrook's game.

Hawkhead 11-28-2004 06:50 PM

cool, sounds good :handclap:

JoeHockey97 11-29-2004 12:23 AM

Ive seen Byfuglien play only a few times and we made fun of the fact that he was the crappiest player on the team.. He could have been playing a bad game that day or something but he has yet to impress me.

JoeHockey97 11-29-2004 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedz
JH97, Opinions on Kenny Petkau.

Quick, strong.. would be an impact player if he didnt hate being there. Only met him once so I cant say as far as attitude. He doesnt see much ice, probably because everyone on the team seems to work harder than him and actually want to play. The sad thing is its his draft year and he could be a prospect if he was anywhere else.

Fedz 11-29-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeHockey97
Quick, strong.. would be an impact player if he didnt hate being there. Only met him once so I cant say as far as attitude. He doesnt see much ice, probably because everyone on the team seems to work harder than him and actually want to play. The sad thing is its his draft year and he could be a prospect if he was anywhere else.

I heard rumours that he was going to ask for a trade, preferably to a team like Kamloops, who could use a potential goal scorer. Any news like that over there?

.....my rumours can from the man himself. :p:

loudi94 11-29-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

I heard rumours that he was going to ask for a trade, preferably to a team like Kamloops, who could use a potential goal scorer. Any news like that over there?

I can't imagine the Hurricanes would get much for him. He's hasn't really done much at all throughout his WHL career. Addition by subtraction maybe.

JoeHockey97 11-30-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Ya there are grumblings about it.. hopefully they do it soon before his season is wasted.

Fedz 12-01-2004 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeHockey97
Ya there are grumblings about it.. hopefully they do it soon before his season is wasted.

Agreed. Here's hoping.....