HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Tippet drops an F bomb on the Fox post game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1136769)

kihekah19 03-16-2012 12:14 PM

Tippet drops an F bomb on the Fox post game
 
Anyone other than I see this as a bad sign and that of an extremely frustrated coach?

Has he lost control? Do the boys think that they have a better way?

Is Tippett trying to be too strict and D oriented?

Is the team cursed here in the desert? Are these guys just a bunch of losers that couldn't handle the success of February?

Feel free to discuss / answer any of the above. All I know is that this is the most difficult game I know to succeed at and that if it were easy, I'd be an NHL retiree!

XX 03-16-2012 12:17 PM

If any player in that room thinks they know better than Tippett, they need to be waived/released/traded immediately. I don't care if it's Doan. He is just frustrated that a team with veteran leadership isn't responding to the adjustments they are trying to make. Giving up a goal 20 seconds in like that is a total joke and I'd sit Yandle for it. When is a pass through your own crease with forecheckers in your face ever acceptable?

SweYote 03-16-2012 12:18 PM

I would be more worried if he was NOT frustrated after last night's game.

MP 03-16-2012 12:29 PM

That goal was a freak show. You can't design a better centering pass than the one Yandle served up to Bae(consonants)i. Roszival couldn't believe what was happening, and Smith threw his arm up afterwards in the international gesture of "what the hell, man?" It gets worse each time I watch it.

"Bad sign?" No. This last stretch of games has been almost the exact opposite of February. Tippett's reaction isn't the problem. Tippett's attempts to right the ship are, most likely, not the problem. This one is on the players.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 46182539)
If any player in that room thinks they know better than Tippett, they need to be waived/released/traded immediately. I don't care if it's Doan. He is just frustrated that a team with veteran leadership isn't responding to the adjustments they are trying to make. Giving up a goal 20 seconds in like that is a total joke and I'd sit Yandle for it. When is a pass through your own crease with forecheckers in your face ever acceptable?

NEVER and I'd agree that (with the D getting healthy again) it may be time to sit Yandle, in hopes of adjusting his thought process.

As far as the frustration... I don't know if you can use the word "just" in front of it, considering he knew where he was and what was going on.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP (Post 46183167)
"Bad sign?" No. This last stretch of games has been almost the exact opposite of February. Tippett's reaction isn't the problem. Tippett's attempts to right the ship are, most likely, not the problem. This one is on the players.


Definitely on the players and it could be that the frustration stems from having no answer, that would be a bad sign.

awfulwaffle 03-16-2012 12:49 PM

Of course he is frustrated. A team in the thick of the playoff race laid a complete egg last night. It might have been the Yandle passs just deflating the energy for the team. Couldn't have chalked up a worst start for us, and a better start for them.

When was the last time we weren't down and tryng to atleast tie the game? The ship has to be righted, fast.

mesamonster 03-16-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihekah19 (Post 46183535)
Definitely on the players and it could be that the frustration stems from having no answer, that would be a bad sign.

As you know Tip is ultra competitive, the Yandle maneuver last night was vintage what you do not do on a Dave Tippett team. Unfortunately KY is a GMDM favorite, the frustration is likely that Tip does not have ultimate say in how much time Yandle rides the pine. My belief is that he would love to put him in the press box for an evening, maybe there he would be able to better understand positional play in the context of the Coyote system.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesamonster (Post 46185099)
As you know Tip is ultra competitive, the Yandle maneuver last night was vintage what you do not do on a Dave Tippett team. Unfortunately KY is a GMDM favorite, the frustration is likely that Tip does not have ultimate say in how much time Yandle rides the pine. My belief is that he would love to put him in the press box for an evening, maybe there he would be able to better understand positional play in the context of the Coyote system.


I don't buy that for a minute mesa, if Tippett wanted to sit Yandle, Yandle would sit.

mesamonster 03-16-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihekah19 (Post 46185949)
I don't buy that for a minute mesa, if Tippett wanted to sit Yandle, Yandle would sit.

Maybe so, he endured similar traits while coaching Sergei Zubov in dallas.

Scottrocks58* 03-16-2012 01:59 PM

Anyone have a link? The one to Tip's Q and A on the Coyotes site is inoperative.

XX 03-16-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesamonster (Post 46187411)
Maybe so, he endured similar traits while coaching Sergei Zubov in dallas.

Zubov practically invented what Yandle does and had 2 cups, was an all-star etc... Sometimes we forget that Yandle is only 25. His best days are ahead. That being said, he needs to be disciplined. He gets away with stuff that would have guys like Boedker in the press box for a dozen games.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesamonster (Post 46187411)
Maybe so, he endured similar traits while coaching Sergei Zubov in dallas.

Sergei was awesome, my wife and I used to joke (in our best Russian) that the reason he seldom shot was "you must pass or suffer beating"..... the mantra for him developing in the USSR.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 46187855)
Zubov practically invented what Yandle does and had 2 cups, was an all-star etc... Sometimes we forget that Yandle is only 25. His best days are ahead. That being said, he needs to be disciplined. He gets away with stuff that would have guys like Boedker in the press box for a dozen games.

(in best Russian) Perhaps he needs beating?

kihekah19 03-16-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 (Post 46187449)
Anyone have a link? The one to Tip's Q and A on the Coyotes site is inoperative.

I don't, but can tell you it was very understated and subtle, in fact I had to rewind it to be certain that is what he said. McConell then apologized for the network having aired the coaches frustration.

While the wife and I laughed, this may be a time when the lack of coverage of this team is a blessing.

AndrewYotes 03-16-2012 02:18 PM

Watch Tippets lips during a game. He is constantly dropping the f bomb. Nothing new. :)

awfulwaffle 03-16-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewYotes (Post 46188439)
Watch Tippets lips during a game. He is constantly dropping the f bomb. Nothing new. :)

Everytime I see him he isn't talking, just stone faced.

I wonder what he would do if we won the Stanley Cup, or any team he was coaching for that matter. A couple claps, walk off the ice and get ready for next season would be my guess lol.

AndrewYotes 03-16-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 46188575)
Everytime I see him he isn't talking, just stone faced.

I wonder what he would do if we won the Stanley Cup, or any team he was coaching for that matter. A couple claps, walk off the ice and get ready for next season would be my guess lol.

Haha that's probably true. I always see him say "**** me!" on the bench, my dad and I always joke about it. The camera usually switches pretty fast though :)

awfulwaffle 03-16-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewYotes (Post 46188785)
Haha that's probably true. I always see him say "**** me!" on the bench, my dad and I always joke about it. The camera usually switches pretty fast though :)

Haha I'll have to pay closer attention. It's just a normality in today's sports, atleast half the words that come out of athletes and coaches are obscenities it feels like.

mesamonster 03-16-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihekah19 (Post 46187975)
Sergei was awesome, my wife and I used to joke (in our best Russian) that the reason he seldom shot was "you must pass or suffer beating", was the mantra for him developing in the USSR.


Sergei was the ultimate in Eastern Euro athletes, would never leave the rink without having couple of heaters, his defensive buddy Robidas had an issue with keeping his clothes on especially in front of the women who were paid for their friendship!

doaner 03-16-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 46188983)
Haha I'll have to pay closer attention. It's just a normality in today's sports, atleast half the words that come out of athletes and coaches are obscenities it feels like.

That's hats so refreshing about Doan.

knowsthegame 03-16-2012 03:23 PM

If I was the coach and Yandle killed the back to back game 17 seconds in, i would have benched him then and there.

kihekah19 03-16-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewYotes (Post 46188439)
Watch Tippets lips during a game. He is constantly dropping the f bomb. Nothing new. :)

Reading coaches lips while he's behind the bench is a far cry from hearing him say it live. **** me, does seem to be his favorite phrase.

doaner 03-16-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihekah19 (Post 46192239)
Reading coaches lips while he's behind the bench is a far cry from hearing him say it live. **** me, does seem to be his favorite phrase.

If you had to coach this team since march 1st, I think it would be yours as well.

TickleMeYandle 03-16-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 46189647)
That's whats so refreshing about Doan.


I agree. I get so tired of hearing athletes using "you know what I'm saying" when you DON'T really know what they're saying - you're doing an interview so we can find out information, not so you can tell us that we already know what you're saying!

That combined with the f-bombs really makes me think that most sports interviews are a complete waste of time.

Doan is quickly becoming my favorite player. I still can't get over how unbelievably NICE he was to my kids at practice last week. He took off his glove, shook their hands, asked their names, told them "Hi, I'm Shane" and was just an all-around nice guy. I love that he has a work ethic that doesn't quit, he's a good leader for the team, and he's loyal. He really made their day/week/month, heck YEAR! He spent way more time with them than we had any right to expect.

My daughter has already printed out her picture of her getting his autograph on her jersey, she's hung it up in her room.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.