HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs the DIVISION LEADING SENATORS | @ the NORTH EAST DIVISION LEADERS | CBC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1137223)

Kamal007 03-16-2012 11:03 PM

Leafs vs the DIVISION LEADING SENATORS | @ the NORTH EAST DIVISION LEADERS | CBC

Oh lawd, what coaching can do for you :help:

Do we even care about the Leafs anymore?

Kamal007 03-16-2012 11:06 PM

Suntouchable13 03-16-2012 11:09 PM

Can pull within 6 of 8th with 10 games left. I still want to believe.

TrueBlue86 03-16-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 (Post 46212261)
Can pull within 6 of 8th with 10 games left. I still want to believe.

yea we'd only have to jump 4 teams

The Reaper 03-16-2012 11:20 PM

Reimer always does good against the Sens

4-1-1 against them with 2 shut outs :yo:

wytenyte 03-16-2012 11:24 PM

Carter Ashton is the lead singer of Awolnation.

dennilfloss 03-16-2012 11:26 PM

Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points. :(

Gardiner 03-16-2012 11:29 PM

Gonna be tough cheering for the tank in this one.

Crispy Crust 03-16-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennilfloss (Post 46213153)
Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points. :(

How about a 2-1 Ottawa win in regulation?

Phion Keneuf 03-16-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

go ahead, beat us ... please, we'll give you all the points you want

dennilfloss 03-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy Crust (Post 46213495)
How about a 2-1 Ottawa win in regulation?

:)

We'll cheer for you against the Bruins on Monday!:yo:

Chandrashekhar Limit 03-16-2012 11:42 PM

how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??

Phion Keneuf 03-16-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennilfloss (Post 46213807)

no point.. we are going to get demolished lol

Phion Keneuf 03-16-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit (Post 46213987)

Bruins have been sucking A LOT lately

Leafs & Habs & Sabres all suck

Crispy Crust 03-16-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

I kind of want to see a Bruins-Rangers 1st round matchup, so I kind of hope the Bruins **** there way to the finish line.

The Reaper 03-16-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

no thanks, u have enough points, u don't need anymore :p:

Paris in Flames 03-17-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Karlsson, Erik.

The Reaper 03-17-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Something i like to call is Coaching

Crispy Crust 03-17-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris in Flames (Post 46215199)
Karlsson, Erik.

They also have a legit 1st line C.

leafsforlife 03-17-2012 12:15 AM

Play hard but lose!!

Aplayaz2000 03-17-2012 12:22 AM

lol, as much as i like a draft pick

i love a win
but i wont be as sad as i would be in feb

4thliner* 03-17-2012 12:25 AM

So are the leafs gonna pick top 3 for a change or 9th or 10th yet again?

Eamonn* 03-17-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennilfloss (Post 46213807)

Cheer against us please, we don't want to get 9th again.

ponder 03-17-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims (Post 46215271)
Something i like to call is Coaching

Having a top notch coach who spent almost a decade learning under Babcock helps, but it's a lot more than that. They've got arguably the best dman in the league in Erik Karlsson (one of the best, at least), one of the better centers in the league in Jason Spezza, some excellent 2-way wingers (Alfredsson, Michalek and Foligno), some decent supporting dmen (Gonchar, Kuba, Cowen and Philips), good grinder forwards like Chris Neil and Zack Smith, a pretty decent #2 C (Turris), decent goaltending (Anderson/Bishop/Lehner), and a team that's just generally fully of youth and energy among its role players. Last year a lot of their vets were injured and/or slumping, this year the vets are playing well and their youngsters are too, suddenly their roster is actually really strong.

I've always hated Ottawa, but the rivalry seems to be fading (for me at least), and you have to respect the way they rebuilt so quickly after losing the likes of Heatley, Chara and Havlat. They really modeled themselves after Detroit; MacLean was Babcock's assistant coach for nearly a decade, Murray is a former Red Wings GM, they hired Anders Forsberg at the advice of legendary Detroit scout Hakan Andersson (Forsberg now coaches in the SEL, but he was one of their top Swedish scouts when they drafted Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, etc.), they're building a core of Swedish talent, they play a puck possession game, and they're building around a core of respected veterans like Alfredsson and Spezza. It's not original, but they emulated Detoit really well IMO, and now they're seeing the dividends. They're gonna be a pain in the ass in our division for a long time (assuming the NE division continues to exist), especially since they have one of the strongest prospect pools in the league (Zibanejad, Lehner, Silfverberg, Stone, Noesen, Puemel, Prince, etc.).

Sergei Berezin 03-17-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 46217017)
Having a top notch coach who spent almost a decade learning under Babcock helps, but it's a lot more than that. They've got arguably the best dman in the league in Erik Karlsson (one of the best, at least), one of the better centers in the league in Jason Spezza, some excellent 2-way wingers (Alfredsson, Michalek and Foligno), some decent supporting dmen (Gonchar, Kuba, Cowen and Philips), good grinder forwards like Chris Neil and Zack Smith, a pretty decent #2 C (Turris), decent goaltending (Anderson/Bishop/Lehner), and a team that's just generally fully of youth and energy among its role players. Last year a lot of their vets were injured and/or slumping, this year the vets are playing well and their youngsters are too, suddenly their roster is actually really strong.

I've always hated Ottawa, but the rivalry seems to be fading (for me at least), and you have to respect the way they rebuilt so quickly after losing the likes of Heatley, Chara and Havlat. They really modeled themselves after Detroit; MacLean was Babcock's assistant coach for nearly a decade, Murray is a former Red Wings GM, they hired Anders Forsberg at the advice of legendary Detroit scout Hakan Andersson (Forsberg now coaches in the SEL, but he was one of their top Swedish scouts when they drafted Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, etc.), they're building a core of Swedish talent, they play a puck possession game, and they're building around a core of respected veterans like Alfredsson and Spezza. It's not original, but they emulated Detoit beautifully IMO, and now they're seeing the dividends.

Disagree with the second paragraph. How is hiring some old Red Wing staff members making them emulate Detroit? I don't really much resemblance... you need to further clarify for me.