HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   General OT Thread #11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1139413)

GopherState 03-19-2012 05:05 PM

General OT Thread #11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!

Holy crap we killed the last thread in 17 days!

Previous Threads
#1: This One's Retired For You
#2: Yes We Did!
#3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst
#4: This Game Needs A White Girl
#5: "Demonstration On Popping A Cherry" Edition
#6: Shep Harder Edition
#7: "James Sheppard Memorial Popcorn Machine" Edition
#8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner
#9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World
#10: Got The Shootout Moves Like Seto

Fel 96 03-19-2012 05:06 PM

Yes!

Avder 03-19-2012 05:06 PM

Holy crap this thread is the mutant ******* child of llama's suggested title and one of mine!

I feel like a proud father :nod:

Puhis 03-19-2012 05:07 PM

That's a cruel title, but I guess it's deserved :laugh:

17 days, eh? Easily beatable.

Avder 03-19-2012 05:10 PM

Well lets get this thing started.

I just called Cable One because the little piddly HD receiver they stuck on the TV in the computer room refuses to so much as turn on and its annoying because I would like to have something on in the background as I do stuff in here. Got an appointment tomorrow at the non-specific timeslot of 8am to noon :shakehead

Avder 03-19-2012 05:12 PM

So what were the runner-up titles?

Also you do not want to know what percentage of the last thread I was.

Fel 96 03-19-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46351247)
So what were the runner-up titles?

Also you do not want to know what percentage of the last thread I was.

You had 251 posts. ;)

llamapalooza 03-19-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 46351305)
You had 251 posts. ;)

Battin' a solid .251, there, Avder!

Avder 03-19-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 46351383)

Well actually with 1,004 replies, I am exactly one quarter of all the replies in that thread.

Just imagine how crazy I'll go if I ever get a sponsor account and dont have to wait 30 seconds between posts anymore.

GopherState 03-19-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46351009)
Holy crap this thread is the mutant ******* child of llama's suggested title and one of mine!

I feel like a proud father :nod:

Yep. Couldn't decide on either one so combined the two.

Runner-up: "If you're not first, yer last" Edition

Second-runner up: "Gopher went crazy, where did everyone go" and the other Me-inspired titles

Third runner-up: "Three People Were Injured In The Making Of This Thread"

Avder 03-19-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 46351437)
Yep. Couldn't decide on either one so combined the two.

Runner-up: "If you're not first, yer last" Edition

Second-runner up: "Gopher went crazy, where did everyone go" and the other Me-inspired titles

Third runner-up: "Three People Were Injured In The Making Of This Thread"

Also I would just like to point out that the fact that that word in my post is censored really takes some of the comedy out of it. I was using it literally!

GopherState 03-19-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 46351031)
That's a cruel title, but I guess it's deserved :laugh:

17 days, eh? Easily beatable.

It's more than I thought it would take - the first 24 hours of the last one had 270+ replies. At the very least it easily crushes the record, which is somewhere around 6-8 weeks.

Avder 03-19-2012 05:24 PM

Yeah I thought we were gonna stomp #10 into the ground in like 5-6 days the way that thread started. It was incredible.

Puhis 03-19-2012 05:31 PM

Yep, I felt like it was a game day thread and we just scored.

And Avder, have you checked that PayPal account?

GopherState 03-19-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46351435)
Well actually with 1,004 replies, I am exactly one quarter of all the replies in that thread.

Just imagine how crazy I'll go if I ever get a sponsor account and dont have to wait 30 seconds between posts anymore.

You'll have a thread to yourself and then be made a mod.

Avder 03-19-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 46352003)
Yep, I felt like it was a game day thread and we just scored.

And Avder, have you checked that PayPal account?

I have one, but I have no idea if it can even work well without an associated bank account. I cant believe you would chip in two bucks to get me a sponsor account. I'd feel kind of odd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 46352125)
You'll have a thread to yourself and then be made a mod.

And then the day after that the world would either explode or I'd be banned or something :sarcasm:

Kind of a scary thought.

tyratoku 03-19-2012 05:47 PM

Alright so I will preface this by saying that "I have a friend" is really I have a friend. It is legitimately not me. A buddy of mine is in a bit of trouble:

Okay, so my buddy has a roommate who likes to smoke dat Marijuana. So, he wanted to smoke it in his room a few times and put a plastic bag around the smoke detector.

Before spring break, staff comes into each room after everyone leaves to make sure that there are no fire hazards. They forgot the plastic bag on the detector, so it was filed and reported and my buddy and his roommate have to go before the housing director on campus and attempt to explain themselves.

Obviously they don't want to face repercussions. We were brainstorming today, and they both agreed that if they could somehow find out if it was only going to be university punishment then they would confess no problems, but if the police were to get involved they want to get out of it, but its not like they can confess only if whatever, you know?

So basically, do you think the police would be involved? They are officially being brought forward with tampering of a smoke detector. That can't be that bad of an offense, could it? but one of their suitemates brought up it might be a felony, but then we thought that might only be in planes and/or government buildings but who knows.

So then we're thinking of reasons why they would have a bag on it, so they can escape punishment. Top three reasons right now are:

1. They had a grill from the first few weeks, had some bacon, and when it was cold they wanted to grill the bacon but didn't want to go outside. So they grilled in their room but bacon obviously smokes, so they covered the detector so it wouldn't go off then they forgot to take it off. They don't actually have a grill though.
this was my idea and I think it is the best one

2. Basically the same thing, except with a toaster. They do actually have the toaster.
Was my buddy's idea, he thinks he's gonna go with this, but I think it's far less plausible than a grill. Who the **** constantly burns their bread to the point where there is constant smoke? Come on

3. Admit to smoking, but that K2 or whatever is legal. Campus is tobacco-free, so cigarettes is out of the question, and they would get in trouble for smoking the legal whatever this is, but it would presumably be less than marijuana/tobacco.
This was my idea as well, even though I could not name the actual thing. The guy who smokes weed knew what it was called and knows a lot about it, so...it could possibly work?

I also thought of how one of the guys could presumably have a lizard with a misting system and they didn't want mist to get on the smoke detector so they put the plastic bag on it. Not exactly believable but I think it's better than the ****ing toaster. Come on.

So, yeah. Any thoughts? Any other believable reasons as to why they would cover their smoke detector?

Avder 03-19-2012 05:52 PM

The cops will get involved. I am almost 100% sure of this.

A friend of mine who was in the same program as I am (and yes, I really do, like you, mean an actual friend) was caught by his room mate smoking weed in his dorm room at NDSCS in Wahpeton. The RA did not even bother going to the room before the cops showed up.

My advice is to tell your friend to see about getting some kind of legal aid, and to not be a dumb **** like that ever again.

Victorious Secret 03-19-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46352855)

A friend of mine who was in the same program as I am (and yes, I really do, like you, mean an actual friend) was caught by his room mate smoking weed in his dorm room at NDSCS in Wahpeton. The RA did not even bother going to the room before the cops showed up.

My advice is to tell your friend to see about getting some kind of legal aid, and to not be a dumb **** like that ever again.

As long as they don't have evidence you'll be fine. Just use one of the ridiculous excuses, preferably the bacon one. And say its such a stupid excuse it has to be the truth. 6 of my neighbors got caught by the RA this semester, but since they had smoked everything they couldn't exactly do anything.

this providence 03-19-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 46351383)

Above the Punto-line. Congrats.

ShutDownDefense 03-19-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avder (Post 46352855)

I agree.

Rule #1: Don't do **** that gets you in trouble with the law. :facepalm: Ruining your life over a bag of weed or anything which has no net positive benefits to your life is just a whole new level of dumbassery.

Rule #2: Don't do drugs. Considering some of the drug sentencing I heard about in the US, if the cops are getting involved, yeah it's not going to end well.

Victorious Secret 03-19-2012 06:00 PM

Plus, it'll be legal soon enough. Just wait.

ShutDownDefense 03-19-2012 06:07 PM

Oh ****, need to put in my registration for ball hockey soon. Plus working for 7 days straight, exercise.

Ugh, I really need to find some friends who don't idiotically invade a guy's privacy and think it's ok. :facepalm: Even after I told them numerous times to **** off with it.

Oh yeah, I totally have time to answer asinine questions about my life when I have literally a million things better to do with my time. :facepalm:

The universe is infinite and the depth of human stupidity is infinite. I'm not too sure about the former though.

Avder 03-19-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDownDefense (Post 46353463)
Oh ****, need to put in my registration for ball hockey soon. Plus working for 7 days straight, exercise.

Ugh, I really need to find some friends who don't idiotically invade a guy's privacy and think it's ok. :facepalm: Even after I told them numerous times to **** off with it.

Oh yeah, I totally have time to answer asinine questions about my life when I have literally a million things better to do with my time. :facepalm:

The universe is infinite and the depth of human stupidity is infinite. I'm not too sure about the former though.

Why the hell dont you just move already? What province are you in btw? I keep thinking youre from Saskatoon or something because thats one of the silliest named cities in Canada and you are the silliest Canadian I have ever encountered on the internet.

Also I had a buddy from there back in the late 90s when I was on Kali and playing a lot of Descent. For some reason you remind me of him.

Generic User 03-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 46352635)
So, yeah. Any thoughts? Any other believable reasons as to why they would cover their smoke detector?

Bacon one is good.

Or that your really, really short friend has Alopecia Areata and you wanted to enjoy watching him jump and try to grab it.