HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Art Ross Race Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1139973)

TravisUlrich 03-20-2012 06:31 AM

Art Ross Race Thread
 
I'm surprised we haven't made a thread dedicated to Malkin's race for the Art Ross.

Current Standings:

Malkin: 105 points, 2 Games Remaining (GR)
Stamkos: 95 points, 3 GR
Giroux: 92 points, 2 GR
Spezza: 83 points, 2 GR
Neal: 81 points, 2 GR
Kovalchuk: 81 points, 2 GR


IMO, Malkin gets 11 points in his last 11 games (99 points) and it's his. And if it's getting close at the end, put out the Two-Headed Monster. ;)

TheReaper 03-20-2012 06:47 AM

Maybe nobody wanted to jynx it hahaha.

I've been scoreboard watching TBL games like crazy lately :laugh:

Whakahere 03-20-2012 06:56 AM

Al I can say is go Geno. I hope he can pull it off.

Shrimper 03-20-2012 07:31 AM

9 goals for 50 goals too. Could do with a hat-trick against the Jet's tonight.

#66 03-20-2012 07:34 AM

I really hope somone, meaning Malkin, gets to 100 points. If the NHL doesn't have a 100 pt guy this year I would expect some of the more stupider rule changes to happen.

Or maybe this is what finally gets the goalie pads back to normal.

MrBurgundy* 03-20-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #66 (Post 46390451)
I really hope somone, meaning Malkin, gets to 100 points. If the NHL doesn't have a 100 pt guy this year I would expect some of the more stupider rule changes to happen.

Or maybe this is what finally gets the goalie pads back to normal.

If he played every game he'd probably be a lock to be above 100 points, but I see where you're coming from.

SirBrad 03-20-2012 08:08 AM

Damn, might only have one 100 point guy this season. It doesn't seem like that long ago guys were approaching 200 points :laugh:

SidGenoMario 03-20-2012 08:28 AM

No way Stamkos gets in, but I had no idea Giroux had caught up like that.

Dying Alive 03-20-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 46390949)
If he played every game he'd probably be a lock to be above 100 points, but I see where you're coming from.

If he could hit an empty net he'd also be a lock to be over 100 points.

Shrimper 03-20-2012 09:42 AM

Malkin currently has 88 points with 41 goals and 47 assists in 64 games. That's a pace of 1.37 points per game. So, if he has the 7 extra games that he missed due to injury, he'd be on 97 points.

46.59% of his points are from goals with 53.41% from assists. So if he had 97 points he'd have 45 goals and 52 assists.

Now, going to his current numbers. He needs 9 goals and 12 points for 50 goals and 100 points. By looking at the teams Pittsburgh have to play you can work an average number of points per team and see where it goes;

Winnipeg - 6 points in 3 games - 2 points a game.
Nashville - N/A - N/A
Ottawa - 5 points in 3 games - 1.6 points a game.
New Jersey - 4 points in 4 games - 1 point a game.
Islanders - 5 points in 4 games - 1.25 points a game - Play twice
Buffalo - 6 points in 2 games - 3 points a game.
Flyers - 5 points in 4 games - 1.25 points a game - Play twice
Boston - 4 points in 3 games - 1.33 points a game
Rangers - 6 points in 5 games - 1.2 points a game.

So, going by averages he should get around (2+1.6+1+2.5+3+2.5+1.33+1.2) - 15.13 points for the rest of the season. Going by the percentages earlier, 7.04 of those will be goals and 8.08 will be assists.

If my numbers are right he should then finish with around;

GP75 G48 A55 PTS103

WhatsaMaatta 03-20-2012 09:47 AM

http://www.inflatechan.net/cg/src/133191134044.gif

Dovahkiin 03-20-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik (Post 46394015)

I agree

SidGenoMario 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik (Post 46394015)

Good point.

DegenX 03-20-2012 10:57 AM

Read an interesting factoid somewhere that no one since Gretzky/Lemieux/Jagr has won the Art Ross more than once.

One more reason to cheer Geno on.

Ragamuffin Gunner 03-20-2012 11:50 AM

I've been watching TBL and PHI scores for about a month now, lol.

This wouldn't even be a race if Malkin could hit an EN, with at least 3-5 easy misses.

Hopin that he has a big game tonight and gets a 6+ point lead on Stammer and G.

mpp9 03-20-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DegenX (Post 46397015)
Read an interesting factoid somewhere that no one since Gretzky/Lemieux/Jagr has won the Art Ross more than once.

One more reason to cheer Geno on.

Danrik Sedin won two in a row....

TravisUlrich 03-20-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 46393803)
GP75 G48 A55 PTS103

If he's sitting at 48 or 49 goals in game #82, I'd fully expect Bylsma to put Crosby on a line with him to help him get to 50.

mpp9 03-20-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisUlrich (Post 46400259)
If he's sitting at 48 or 49 goals in game #82, I'd fully expect Bylsma to put Crosby on a line with him to help him get to 50.

Yeah, Sid is definitely going to do what he can to get Geno to 50 from here on out.

crane 03-20-2012 12:20 PM

I know personal trophies don't matter as much to Malkin, but it would be fantastic to have him bring the Art Ross back to where it belongs.

Malkin scoring most likely means Penguins winning.
Pens keep winning they beat out NYR.
#1 Player on the #1 team and #1 in the league = MVP

Zirakzigil 03-20-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner (Post 46399487)
This wouldn't even be a race if Malkin could hit an EN, with at least 3-5 easy misses.
.

Aint that the truth. :( Im hoping he breaks 50 goals and 100 points. He also needs an 8-9 point game so people in Edmonton will shut up about Gagner.

mpp9 03-20-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 46390949)
If he played every game he'd probably be a lock to be above 100 points, but I see where you're coming from.

If he'd been healthy from the start of the season, he'd be at 100 right now. With a healthy Crosby, he'd be pushing for 120.

eXile59 03-20-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 46399665)
Danrik Sedin won two in a row....

I see what you did there.

I've been told that rooting for a player to win trophies is internet idol worship.

EM71 03-20-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirakzigil (Post 46400821)
He also needs an 8-9 point game so people in Edmonton will shut up about Gagner.

Other than people in Edmonton who cares about that. Guys by the name of Bert Olmstead, Tom Bladon and Patrik Sundström once had 8 point games as well, think anyone remembers them? And the only reason I know that is because I just goggled it up right now.

Zirakzigil 03-20-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EM71 (Post 46404729)
Other than people in Edmonton who cares about that. Guys by the name of Bert Olmstead, Tom Bladon and Patrik Sundström once had 8 point games as well, think anyone remembers them? And the only reason I know that is because I just goggled it up right now.

I agree. But the problem is that I am from Alberta and thats all I hear talked about. Hopefully Geno is strong down the stretch and into the playoffs though.

Pancakes 03-20-2012 05:36 PM

For the love of God Geno, get those empty net goals if they are available.


Anyone else think Sid will help a lot with that? Sid scored some sick empty netters last year, and he's so good with the puck that he'll find Malkin and make sure he gets a touch on it if need be.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.